Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #31
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shows 740kms till empty at the moment (but it's allready done 50km) and the distance till empty is still going up!
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #32
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to the Gold Coast today to pick up my new Apple iMac (yes, I drove all that way just for it, I'm a geek) but it was worth it. The Fez went very well. It's averaging 5.2L/100km. I did four hundred km and I have three hundred and ten till empty. I noticed that the smooth Pacific Motorway dropped the figures down (even going 110km/h). As soon as I hit the coarse chip near Toowoomba, the consumption went up straight away. I used air-con all the time. Not bad, but I reckon since putting new oil in the fuel consumption has actually gone up? Meh. Your car is on a roll Greanfoam, that's just amazing!
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Try calculating it manually when you fill up, I'm interested in the results.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #34
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well based on the figure it's spitting out now, if you say the tank is empty at 40L (as the last three litres are on 0km remaining and are a reserve) and it's going to bottom out at 710km. That makes it 40 divided by 710 times 100. 5.63L. Not too far off what it is actually reading, about 10% off. Maybe they fixed the hardware a bit when they serviced mine?
Old 25-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #35
Fi.ES.TA

This software upgrade greenfoam has had to get that consumption
is it free or would you have to pay for it?
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 02:01 AM   #36
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He just got it on his 30,000 service. I think he may be right in saying it's a "run-in" update as I havnt herd of any recent ECU upgrades. Regardless, it's making my car look like a guzzler!
Old 25-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #37
Fi.ES.TA

See i dont no if mine is good as i dont have the trip computer
to measure it but i can get 620klms to a tank and thats being daring on the verge of running out of fuel.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 03:07 AM   #38
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey my old record on the read out reseting it when I leave my parents house was 5.7 driving like a total granny at about 85-90 . Tonight I did 100 most of the way and it was on 4.9 when I got in the driveway (about 5.2 on the course chip highway) but droped down once I got into town. It'll get to Melbourne and back on a tank for sure. About the fuel tank, my wife has put 42 litres in it with about 5-15 km/s left on the distance to empty :P something stupid low anyway. I believe I'll get 800+ out of a tank next time we do a trip and get on some smoother roads. Having the aircon on before used to make the consumption go off the charts, now it only adds about .2L

Last edited by greenfoam; 25-10-2009 at 03:17 AM.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #39
JClarke
Deaf Driver

My car was refuelled last tuesday and it has been 8 days, and not yet reached to empty (got 285km left).... I have noticed some improvement, of the fuel efficent which is impressive, the longer the next refuel the better, which impressed me, normally --- my old car only lasts what, one week? hihgly likely, it would last one more week to reach the refuel time level. :evil3: