Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking WS Zetec, tweaked!!

Come up the goods i think!

Nothing to special, Factory 17" alloys (which cost waaayyyy to much), Lowered, Painted front and rear inserts, Dual Chrome tips, window tint!

Cheers!

phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Dude, thats .....damn, WOW
Old 24-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I'm guessing Etheridge is the dealer? Where did they source the chrome duel tips from and who did the painting for you mate? It look bloody fantastic, a few nice touches really lifts the Fiesta, makes it look superb. Not sure if the silver lower-grill insert would suit my Frozen White Fiesta, but it looks bloody amazing on the Sea Grey!

Top job mate, is it yours of do you work at this dealership?
Old 24-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RS ...
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
doctamick

It looks awesome, in my opinion. It makes me seriously consider lowering mine, as the ride height looks great with the factory 17s. Also, if those are just exhaust tips (and not a new muffler), I want them. (Cheap visual upgrade :P )

phoonfan, can you provide the details of the lowering and exhaust (tips)?
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Andrew, I must say that looks the goods, I just bought a WS Zetec for the wife.

Who did the lowering and using what?
Old 24-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
So I'm guessing Etheridge is the dealer? Where did they source the chrome duel tips from and who did the painting for you mate? It look bloody fantastic, a few nice touches really lifts the Fiesta, makes it look superb. Not sure if the silver lower-grill insert would suit my Frozen White Fiesta, but it looks bloody amazing on the Sea Grey!

Top job mate, is it yours of do you work at this dealership?

Tips came from Performance exhaust in Ringwood
http://www.performanceexhaust.com.au/

Painting was done by our local (resident) Touch up Guy
Steve McLaine 0403 688568

And Spoolman! My Signature obviously isnt loud enough! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Andrew, I must say that looks the goods, I just bought a WS Zetec for the wife.

Who did the lowering and using what?
Spicers Springs in Bayswater!
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/bi/spi...c-4675096.html

Not sure what they used, We left it up to them as it was the first we had done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
RS ...
Yeah yeah!!! _ Got something better?????
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Looks good, but I agree with Rob about the "RS". Not appropriate. How about "XLR"? It's got heritage as a Ford badge form the Mk 1 Capri with all the options.
Old 24-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
And Spoolman! My Signature obviously isnt loud enough!
Signatures were turned off. Turned them back on now :
Old 24-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I must say it looks very sweet, but should be Zetec S not RS.
Old 24-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Tips came from Performance exhaust in Ringwood
http://www.performanceexhaust.com.au/
I must admit the tips are great and look an easy mod (do they just bolt over the existing end pipes without any mods?) What exactly did you order, have you got a stock number so that I can order from Sydney - unless any one knows a local source?
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #12
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Very nice!! I'm in the process of lowering mine. If you could ask what that place in bayswater did exactly that would be awesome thanks.
Old 24-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #13
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Zetec
Very nice!! I'm in the process of lowering mine. If you could ask what that place in bayswater did exactly that would be awesome thanks.
I rang them and the figure was either 414 or 440 GST inclusive, they are Kings Springs.
Old 24-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I rang them and the figure was either 414 or 440 GST inclusive, they are Kings Springs.
Thanks, I live near Ringwood. Might give them a buzz tomorrow.

Any chance of a part number? thanks
Old 25-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #15
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah yeah!!! _ Got something better?????
Zetec Sport (ZS), Zetec Rally (ZR), Sport (SP), Etheridge Performance Vehicle (EPV) ...etc etc .. and I could go on.

Unfortunately today it is very sad that nothing from history is sacred .. telephone companies sponsoring the last post, old historic churches being knocked down to make way for new multi-story carparks ... car dealers desicrating historic motoring icons just to make a quick buck!

We have already seen these things adorning GT Stripes and XR4 badges ... and now of all things .. an RS badge? ... albeit a rather slanted or hinted attempt at such, not the genuine badge of course (surely nobody would ever sink that low?), but the inclination is certainly there ... and that I presume is the effect you were after?

Fortunately 99.9% of the moronic car buying public wouldn't have any idea what "RS" means or the heritage behind it ... I just think something a little less tasteless and tacky would have been more suitable in this instance.

I won't of course need to wish you good luck with these tarted up mini-vans, I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

red calipers and ZS badging ftw! Plus the dirty wheels! ditch the RS.

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #17
chendog
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Zetec Sport (ZS), Zetec Rally (ZR), Sport (SP), Etheridge Performance Vehicle (EPV) ...etc etc .. and I could go on.

Unfortunately today it is very sad that nothing from history is sacred .. telephone companies sponsoring the last post, old historic churches being knocked down to make way for new multi-story carparks ... car dealers desicrating historic motoring icons just to make a quick buck!

We have already seen these things adorning GT Stripes and XR4 badges ... and now of all things .. an RS badge? ... albeit a rather slanted or hinted attempt at such, not the genuine badge of course (surely nobody would ever sink that low?), but the inclination is certainly there ... and that I presume is the effect you were after?

Fortunately 99.9% of the moronic car buying public wouldn't have any idea what "RS" means or the heritage behind it ... I just think something a little less tasteless and tacky would have been more suitable in this instance.

I won't of course need to wish you good luck with these tarted up mini-vans, I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes.

Title :EPIC FAIL

That use of the English language has inspired me to vent my opinions.

Firstly I recon you should have gone with ZETEC S or ZETEC RALLY as you were already trying to get the Rally into the name.

I completely agree with ROB here

RS and ST badges are put on FORD cars that have been engineered with hard work, determination and even “TLC” to make it just right, a lot of time and effort put in.

AND Copying or applying such badge on a FORD car that is clearly not and RS or ST is truly an insult to the engineers. RS and ST are very exclusive.

RS/ST is FORD’s equivalent to Mitsubishi’s RALLIART you just don’t go there, leave it to the experts.

Copying a badge with aftermarket badges is a joke and makes me sick. Its WRONG.

There should be some copy right laws for copying this stuff.

Everytime I look at that badge I feel sick, ROB do you have a bucket I want to vomit.

You should google the Ford Focus RS research it this car is a beast and KUDOS to the people who made it what it is today.

Changing the exhaust and lowering it and putting an RS badge on it is hilarious and insulting/ embarrassing all at the same time.

OF COURSE this is MY OPINION so it means nothing in this world I have no power.

So don’t take it to heart maybe some further research could have been put forward before applying / copying such badge to avoid fans from RAGE.

So to conclude just GET ZETEC S (ZS) because there is actually such thing.

If you want to stick to rally get Zetec R

im not trying to talk you down either this is purely my opinion
chendog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
magnum80
Starter Motor

hey phoonfan
could you tell me, what was the full cost of doing this job, Ive got a phantom black zetec and would be interested in doing similar upgrades to mine, big fan of the pipes and the coloured inserts
how does it ride on the 17s? you're right they are a rip off but they look good
cheers
magnum80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post