Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Old 19-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Time for a cruise

Well the weathers warming up so cruise season is back LOL, where's some nice roads that we could hit for a day maybe in around late November or early December.

XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Re: Time for a cruise

OK well it looks like either there's no ideas or no ones really interested in heading out for a cruise, quite a few have looked over the thread but no ideas have come out.

I was even thinking about doing a cruise, bit of a long one , up to Sydney for a night of drag racing at WSID. Obviously this would be over a few days with a couple of nights in town their, I figured it might be a do'er as many of you would be getting holidays/time off soon. This could also be a big family thing so would be an idea to take your missus/mr and kids along (or borrow some kids).

If people wanted to bring the family along then we could do some touristy things while we're their as well, maybe do a harbor lunch cruise or even a jet boat run. There's plenty of things to do so I'm sure we'd find something to keep most if not all happy.

Anyway peeps I was kind of hoping to see some ideas up here so come on let's get something happening.
Old 21-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Force006
Banned

I was on a few of the cruises organised with the boys early last year, including the one that went up to Arthur's Seat. I think a few people have moved on with their cars (Frank and NFORCD), but the others should still be around.

I have a few guys on Facebook with F6's so I might even try get in contact with them.

Was a really good day with some bright coloured Turbo FPV's, would be good to see the same thing happen again over summer.

If you want to set a date I'll get in contact with the people I know and organise something.

Force006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
XRQTR
TBA Customs

OK Force006 is no longer with us (here) but I'd still like to organise something for a couple of months time up to the high country before the snow. It's real nice up their when the leaves start to turn and the roads are flooded with leaves, imagine them flying up when a bunch of angry F6's come flying (hehem cruising) through, would certainly make for some great video and pics.

So a show of hands for around mid April to see what interest there is, once I know some numbers we can get some definite dates and route options as well as stop points and a place for lunch. If you've got any ideas for routes or even somewhere else people might be interested in don't be shy and post up your thoughts.

Let's get it happening
Stef
Old 16-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Stef, since the F6 website is under way, I reckon it will be more practical through there from now, to keep in touch with FPV owners... but will take some time to get the numbers happening...
Old 17-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
XRQTR
TBA Customs

ye it's still not fully operational just yet, that's just the mock up for now but hoping to get it going this weekend
Old 07-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Hey can anyone remember where that lake was we stopped at, I'm thinking maybe that one for a BBQ around May, it was either Kyneton or Daylesford.

Would be a nice drive/cruise out to their and then just a lazy afternoon maybe kicking a ball around and relaxing. Alternatively we could do a chocolate tour or micro brewery tour, but I like the idea of just doing SFA after a nice BBQ feed LOL. Just kick back and talk #### about............stuff
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Dont know which lake your talking about... but sounds good. BBQ a must...
Old 08-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
XRQTR
TBA Customs

I think it was a lake LOL, our first stop where we went for a pit stop as well, ye a BBQ in Autumn is a must I rekn.

Might just have to go for a drive this weekend.
Old 19-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keen. Should throw a post on XR6T forums in the F6 area and also in the events and meets section here.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Actually looking at doing a little cruise at the next Western Subs meet, so get your boys out their at the next one, check the events section.
Old 20-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #12
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will do.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
XRQTR
TBA Customs

OK folks, for those that are keen on a mini cruise this is for you.

Next Western Suburbs meet on the 21st of April will include a cruise starting at the meet point from between 9-9:30pm and heading down the Melton Highway towards Melton then turning off towards Gisborne, then Sunbury and then back to one of the Maccas for a coffee and chin wag for whoever's keen.

Some nice roads out that way so should make for some good driving, all up around an hour and a half or so of driving so short enough while not being too short.

If you don't already have a hand held two way get your asses to Dick Smith and grab yourself one, they come in handy and make sure we know who's where in case you get caught up at lights.

I'll be their, hopefully in the F6 if I can get everything finished and get a VIV inspection done before that otherwise in the RR, don't worry she'll keep up

Anyway, catch you all their, been a while since the last cruise/get together.

Stef
Old 24-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

If not working I will come along, if ok, bring the GT
Old 25-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #15
XRQTR
TBA Customs

why wouldn't it be ok Jase, this is part of the Western Subs meet night so even GT traitors are welcome LOL
Old 19-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Don't forget the cruise this Saturday night folks, no excuses (unless you're in hospital but even then we could tie your bed to the back of a car and tow you along) it's been a while since we caught up so this would be a great little catch up and cruise.

We'll be leaving around 9pm so make sure you're their early or call to find out where we are and you can catch us up.

See you all their.
Old 20-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #17
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Will be working Sat night, will have to give it a miss... sorry
Old 20-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #18
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Give the other boys a call and see what they're up to bud, sounds like you're pushing hard for a promotion LOL
Old 21-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Don't forget the mini meet and cruise tonight folks, this will probably be the last one for the season I rekn so let's make it go off with a bang.