Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
Mitchv12

Default Help removing lower control arm.

So i have the thing hanging ready to be slid out but there are two bolts hanging in front of the control arm bush at the front end, i tried removing the nut to this bit no dice, cannot slid it out past that bolt, cannot see what it is even attached to, any help would be awesome thanks.
Mitchv12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Help removing lower control arm.

Front rad cross member did needs to be dropped, undo nuts leaving 4/5 threads on and drop the member to clear the studs
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM   #3
Mitchv12

Took one nut off went to do the other and it is turning with a lot of force but the nut is not working it's way down the thread, think I am rooted.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:17 PM   #4
Mitchv12

Well I managed to pry it out, not sure how I am going to get it back in, the thread hangs out so far for no reason so I might just grind the tip off it.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #5
deeppocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchv12 View Post
Well I managed to pry it out, not sure how I am going to get it back in, the thread hangs out so far for no reason so I might just grind the tip off it.
Yep that's right the idea. Had to do it with mine

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
deeppocket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2017, 09:23 PM   #6
Mitchv12

I came from bmw's always worked on them myself and my friend who knows nothing about cars had a ford, every time I fixed his car I was always blown away about how easy it was to work on and how simple and uncomplicated things are with it that is why I bought mine (plus trying to save money), but the front suspension is stupid, what is with the tiny heads on the bolts and the threads of EVERYTHING sticking out 100 million long so you MUST use a deep socket or a spanner?, I love this car but this area of the car is gay as aids.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #7
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchv12 View Post
I came from bmw's always worked on them myself and my friend who knows nothing about cars had a ford, every time I fixed his car I was always blown away about how easy it was to work on and how simple and uncomplicated things are with it that is why I bought mine (plus trying to save money), but the front suspension is stupid, what is with the tiny heads on the bolts and the threads of EVERYTHING sticking out 100 million long so you MUST use a deep socket or a spanner?, I love this car but this area of the car is gay as aids.
The long threads are to make assembly easier in the factory when the body drops on to the driveline/suspension assy.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post