Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default dash colour change

When I had the BF I changed the interior colour scheme...the dash cluster was fairly easy just simple bulb changeover.....
however with an FG series 2 its a different story..mutter mutter mutter and everything is LEDS, of course for an idiot like me thats not a simple change over.

So, I am looking for a quality (with references) auto sparkie who would be prepared to remove the ugly green LEDs and replace with an amber/orange ones... in both the dash cluster and lower part of ICC, provided they can be sourced. This will be a paid job, even if its done off work hours.

However I have an nagging doubt that the ICC may not be green LEDs but rather green tinted plastic, can this be confirmed please.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:37 PM   #2
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  
Default Re: dash colour change

The dash from an FG is not far from that of a BF. I have actually looked at providing the service of colour changing but without the ability to test the accuracy of the cluster afterwards I choose not to do it.

I spent many hours developing a bit of software that lets me control all the aspects of the B series clusters which means I can dismantle and re assemble them with confidence that when they are put back together that they are accurate which at present I cant do with the FG series ones.

The ICC is another story though, that shouldnt be too hard but the hardest part would be obtaining the correct plugs to be able to power it up to test once the LED's are replaced.

Matt

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2017, 05:27 AM   #3
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Matt,,

PM sent.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
malazn mafia
Boss 335

I'm almost certain that the dash cluster and ICC out of an SX territory TX will give you the desired result. They have amber/orange ICC lights and Dash Cluster lighting from memory?

Edit: Oops, just realised that you are talking about an FG, not a BF
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #5
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

to Matt sorry I couldn't see a way to PM these

the FG dash cluster....sigh
1 lower half of ICC
2 Stripped ICC back view ...facing firewall
3 stripped front view facing cabin if cover wasnt there.

Those lil LEDs diodes whatever look remarkably like the ones in window switches....hmmmm

Last edited by Tonz; 12-10-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Tonz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post