Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: for fords or for cars?
fords 167 69.01%
cars 75 30.99%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #31
Trek
Blue blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
I second this!

Primarily here for Fords and also to see automotive news on the side. Loved Fords since I was 5, so it was only natural to continue doing so!
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #32
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I joined to talk about Fords mainly!, thats why its called ford forums isn't it!
Old 29-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #33
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

I joined up after finding the site searching for info on my latest purchase, a Falcon : but what's kept me is the community, the comraderie, the moderation, and some of the characters around here.
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #34
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I agree, i often think some people forget the name and intent of this forum...
Ditto, but im interested in other makes but dont frequent their forums
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I joined this forum because I had a Ford at the time not because I love the brand itself.

As far as I'm concerned I don't see the problem in posting threads about other cars so long as you do so in the correct forum, mainly the Pub.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #36
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

The cars here, with a lean towards Ford.

If anyone is that concerned about reading discussions on other makes, stay out of the "General Topics" area and specifically "The Pub" and you won't need to be worried about seeing a discussion on another manufacturer.

Plenty of Ford only areas further down the front page for the "one eye'd" or those that want to see Ford only topics.

I rarely go to other manufacturer forums and when I do chances are it's because of something I've read here and want to get a bit more info on it.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its a bit rich to expect people to embrace blatant fanboy activity towards other brands though.. its not a general automotive forum, its Ford forums, even in the pub.
That said it is interesting to read comparisons between relevant competition, especially when there's some intelligent and in depth commentary, if it helps make a purchase decision and credit to the other makes where its due, but the fanboy trolling does get tiring....

Last edited by 4Vman; 29-07-2008 at 08:09 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #38
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I think Flappist said it best about the forum's ethos, where it shouldn't be Ford only...that's important...
Yes,,,

But this thread asks us to give our personal opinion,

"Are YOU on this forum for fords or cars?"

Not whats wrong or right about it...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #39
RUKIDN
Missing the boost :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Fords will always be my favourite deep down, but Im a car fanatic of all makes and models. I dont hold it against anyone if they drive/like something different to me......much :P
That sums me up too, always be a ford fan but i love cars in general (performance cars to be specific).. No i could never buy a holden lol but i cant lie that ive seen some wicked ones out there which i wouldnt mind having drive of! I appreciate cars of many brands.
RUKIDN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #40
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Silly question really.
Would I be here if it was a HSV forum. HELL NO!!
I appreciate other makes if they are worthy however I wouldn't want to become part of their community. I'm a true aussie I drive a
FORD. :sm_headba
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #41
v8 tc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek
I second this!

Primarily here for Fords and also to see automotive news on the side. Loved Fords since I was 5, so it was only natural to continue doing so!
fords only if i was into anything else i wouldn't be here
v8 tc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #42
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Before anything I am a Ford fan, but I still like to know what is going on in the car world in general, I Like to know how good the Ford product is compared to it's main rivals.
Old 29-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #43
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Yes,,,

But this thread asks us to give our personal opinion,

"Are YOU on this forum for fords or cars?"

Not whats wrong or right about it...
I gave my personal opinion...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #44
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Bought a Ford and looking on mod information found this site. Very happy I did as its very good at being technical and was able to find alot of information about Ford in general in all aspects. I have voted Ford.

In terms of other Forums, I'm apart of JustCommodores and it just doesn't seem to me that they are that technical and isn't that interesting to read (bar a few threads).
Old 30-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #45
red_hotxr6
Banned

I am on this forum because i own a ford. I joined this site because of the site name, for the information provided, for the witty comments bantered back and forth.However i have found since i have been here there are more "car lovers" here than "FORD lovers". However this site remains one of the biggest and more informative sites and seem to get involved in more outings like the AFD (all fords day) meets.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #46
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
why wouldnt you just post any discussion topics/questions on different makes on a forum that caters to those makes?
Reckon you would get alot more interest on a forum that caters to the specific make..

I'm only interested in Ford's,if I wanted to read pages and pages on LS1's I'd sign up to LS1.com...while reading on a new release and in a general sense on other makes does interest me from time to time,this is AFF and we should always keep that in mind when discussing other makes IMO..
I agree 100 %.
There are plenty of other make Forums if you want to talk about those make of cars
Old 30-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #47
DMXR8
Starter Motor

I'm just a newby, but the only reason I'm on this site is to read and learn interesting things about Fords from the wealth of knowledge of other members. Though, I am 'slightly' biased as my dad, grandfather and uncle are TRUE Ford guys, so there was only one way for me to go without being disowned from the family. Neither of us have owned anything BUT Fords, from Customlines, Cortina's, Falcons, Fairlanes, and even a Mondeo.

I'm a bit old school in this way, but I'd rather walk than buy a Holden, and I really can't understand when people can say they are a 'Ford man' or a 'Holden man' when they have owned the other brand? What gives with that.

The only time I'm happy to hear about Holden's is when they are getting bagged, hearing about oil consumption/rattly engines/bits falling off etc - then I'm happy!

Anyway, Holden's are only designed to keep losers and boguns out of Fords aren't they?
DMXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #48
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
What about "I have no friends and spend all of my time on here" option !!!
I second that!
I like the Fords the most, but I don't think that discussion should be exclusively around Fords. A couple of little things that pop up in the Pub are always interesting.

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #49
Matty4
Banana

I only joined to find more info on the Terri we bought 4 years ago. I'm now on my second Terri as there is nothing else on the Australian market (that I can afford!!) that fits all my requirements quite like a Terri.

My other car is a Subaru, so maybe I just have a liking for the Blue Oval, turbocharged, AWD genre of motor vehicle...

Matty
Old 31-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #50
metalmania

Ford Only.....long Live The Ford Motor Company.
metalmania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #51
olds

Cars,as an ex R.A.C.V. mechanic I like to get up to date info on all makes.This forum can be informative and not as hostile as others if you post a negative comment about Ford,Remember all cars are all shitboxes when they breakdown and believe me they all break down.
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #52
fordfalconbaxr6

My blood runs Blue.

I love this forum. I've received so much great information and advice on my BA XR6 that I could not put a price on it. People I've never met are taking the time and effort to provide help, advice, tips, information etc.

I hope once I get more knowledgable and experienced, I can share that with others.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #53
SSbaby
Banned

The XR6T or F6.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #54
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I joined because the aufalcon.com website forums are here, but have expanded my participation somewhat into other sections of the forum, its a wealth of information.

But mainly am here for the Ford Factor.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #55
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

I love cars but, FORD is my fav. That is why I post on this site. If you are not on this site to discuss FORDs ..nick off! If you like holdens ..post on their site, same with the jap-crap. I believe FORD Forums is for exactly that. I will now step off my soapbox.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #56
NIK516

wow so many comments dint think it would bring up so much, when i asked if you are on for cars.

what i meant was do you love all cars and are on this site to find out more about this brand to ?

so i just wanted to see how many are loyalists and how many are just car fanatics that want to know more about fords.

and if your a loyalist thats not a bad thing, but surly if you like other makes we are welcome on this site to ?
NIK516 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #57
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIK516
wow so many comments dint think it would bring up so much, when i asked if you are on for cars.

what i meant was do you love all cars and are on this site to find out more about this brand to ?

so i just wanted to see how many are loyalists and how many are just car fanatics that want to know more about fords.

and if your a loyalist thats not a bad thing, but surly if you like other makes we are welcome on this site to ?
Read Flappist's post...it summed that up well.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #58
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought we're here for discussions on global warming and carbon footprints?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #59
woteva

I'm here for cars.

I love all kinds of car. I love my V8's so the cars that most appeal to me are from Ford & Holden. I don't even drive a Ford. I currently drive a 2003 VY SS with twin 2.5" exhaust, hi-flow cats, Pacemaker tri-Y's, OTRCAI & MAFless tune. Car makes 247 kw at the wheels but I'd be equally happy behind the wheel of an equivalant XR8.

I don't have any alliance to one make over another so I frequent a few forums. I find people who are one-eyed both amusing and frustrating but tend to leave them be. My father is definitely all Ford and all my earlier memories of cars were all Fords. He did drive a HZ Kingswood when he hooked up with my mum, but apart from that he has mainly owned Fords. Imagine his disgrace when I purchased my first car. A 1981 VC SL/E My dad loves his V8's as well and deep down I know he loves driving the SS for that very reason. But he'll never say that he likes driving it because it isn't a Ford! :voldar02:

Last edited by woteva; 03-08-2008 at 01:01 PM.
woteva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #60
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

im deffinately a ford nut. i do like lots of other makes. but mostly fords.

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post