Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 24-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
TheCougar
Lovin Life

Default Nearly fried my coug

nearly cost myself alot of money last week when my wiring job for my demon eyes over heated and caught on fire under my bonnet, as i was driving along in pouring rain i started to fog up so i turned on my dimisters i sucked all the smoke threw into my cabin so i ripped up my hand break jumped out ran to the passenger side of the car poped the hood and ripped the wires out to stop them burning out, got left with burn marks across my hand from the melting wire condute it was hectic lol, im just glad it didnt go up insde the cabin were i wired it to a switch. i learnd a lesson dont use cheap wire!

Old 25-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
MTL10N
red kitty kat

hawt damn! geez and I thought my near-miss was a disaster. Good to hear you averted what potentially could've been a huge blow to your kitty. Smoke coming from under the hood is never a good sign lol. Not long after I got my kat around last oct-Nov...driving to work one morning and saw smoke coming out right in front of the driver side under the hood. As it turns out, one of me transmission fluid pipes was rubbing against the drive shaft and was dripping all over everything, hence the burning fluid. Then not soon after I almost lost all steering capabilities, as in no power and could only pretty much go straight. Luckily pulled over in an industrial area where there were mechanics at hand. After not less than a couple days in the shop, all was back to normal, relatively that is. Is it me or do I feel like I've had the crappiest run of luck ever since getting my kitty?
MTL10N is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
cpapashley

ohhh glad all is ok now...
Custom Equal Length Headers and secondary pipes
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
and a greddy emanage waiting for install...
E-Manage Forums
A Mazda MPV is really only a cougar
in family friendly clothing............:
cpapashley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 12:25 AM   #4
professorsabre
NECO

you're very lucky, at least you and the kitty are ok.
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Freaky circumstances for both our red Cougar owners there it seems. Glad all of you are okay. Touch wood, I've not had any disastrous issues. Though I have had costly ones

Dan
Old 01-03-2008, 03:37 AM   #6
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

far out man! Glad to hear it's all good (apart from the burn marks!) How are the headlights?? They still in good nick or you up for new ones?

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fried kitty is gourmet food is some other countries. But glad your ok. Next time make sure you use the correct wire for the amount of current that goes through. Don't need a well done kitty and her owner. Hopefully you get better soon

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
Freaky circumstances for both our red Cougar owners there it seems.Dan
Must be the colour. :
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
FumDuk

Dude, not cool !

I drive a red one too :S
Old 05-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #10
TheCougar
Lovin Life

ha yeah shes all good, head lights still sweet got to rewire it all up again, going to do it proply this time tho, lol not the best luck with the red cougars ay. we should get this cruise happnen soon :