Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 02-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
professorsabre
NECO

Question Fuel Consumption Figures

I'm just curious what everyone fuel consumption is. I checked today and my average is 13.3L/100. I recall Dan, (Abraxas), mentioning his average reading was just over 9!
Mine is mostly start stop city driving so not the best conditions. I'm interested to see what others are getting.
Cheers.

professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
FumDuk

Cool

Hey, when I picked the car up this morning it said 10.5, but now that I've been um... testing her out.... its jumped up to 11.5
Old 03-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Ang, our kitty's run about 11.5 to about 12.5 depeding on how enthusiastic u are with the pedal on the right. ;)

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #4
professorsabre
NECO

Yeah I guess and having exhaust mods and pod and running aircon doesn't really help either. Anyway the improvements outway the thirst. :evil3:
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Hey All, my average fell since I've owned her, started at about 13.9, and worked it's way down to 10.9.

On the cruise down to Melbourne though, I reset the averager-thingy and was able to get down into the 8.8 region doing 110 on the highways. On return to Sydney, she averaged between 8.9 and 9.2. I think that'll level out, probably back into the 10's when I start doing the run to work again.

At one point on the return trip I'd used a quarter tank of fuel, and read we had covered 245km's... Imagine getting nearly 1000km's out of a tank of fuel!?!?!?!? It didn't happen lol, turned out more like high 600's.

Dan