Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default 30000kms + New Brakes

Hey Peeps

Just dropped off my car to Ford for the 30000kms Service and hopefully the car will come out feeling like new.

When i started driving again (when i got my licence back) i noticed the car was lacking overall power and was less responsive. It would sometimes on a hot day take about 5 mins to start the car, in the cold mornings it will be fine, some times when i boot it it kinda chokes a bit the gets going. I noticed it really struggled on the last two cruises, so im just praying with the service it will all change.

Also getting new brake pads and cleaning of disks (im not too sure what the right name of this is). I can say that i have been riding the brakes pretty hard mainly on twisties and stuff.

Anyways ill post back once its all done and let you know.

Cheers

Damo

Old 01-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
joshf2
striped

machining the rotors???

anyway, off topic, anyone else have a slight misfire at about 6100rpm?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Machining the rotors yeah thats it.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
FlaminFiesta

50 000ks and my brakes are still at about 80% and i slam the brakes all the time lol
with reponsive ness i know

the auto feels likes it has lost so much power and the engin is more noisy.. the engin feels loose, and thats after a service as well so unsure what to do, maybe sparkies need a change .. unknown
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Sparkies have been changed about 2 months ago so i doubt that is causing anything to be shagged.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
Infy
Starter Motor

try getting your injectors cleaned out.. sometimes dirty fuel can block them up

Or if one of them is leaking, the fuel leaks into the cylinder and makes the car harder to start.. this would also be more aparent on hot days as the metal expands with the heat.

its usually not too expensive to get them cleaned out esp. with only 4 cylinders (probably around $60 an injector) if you are in the brisbane area look up Mobile Injector Service.

cheers
Infy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Okkies.

Got the car back, and once again WHITE POWER. So maybe they were snorting something everytime they service my car. Anywho car feels much much better, more smoother and i noticed a lack of engine noise which was strange. Then just opened her up to 100kmph on the M4 and it was very sweet,. Get to my mates work shop and he tells me the brakes dont need to be changed for another 10-15k so sweet more money in my pocket.

Brought it back home and bunged on the Pod, HOLD THE F ON!! Jokes... Filled her to full tank with Optimax and reset the counter hopefully i see an improvement in efficiency. The only thing concerning me is they might have changed the sparkies AHHHH NKG's 25 bucks a pop. Will have to check it in the morning too dark now.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
machining the rotors???

Its not a misfire,

Its the way the engine makes its power. It almost totally drops off at 6100. Someone else told me too that the ECU closes the throttle a bit up past that rpm to be in accordance with some Euro 4 emissions law.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #9
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
machining the rotors???

The rotors should "always" be machined at every brake pad change, some mechanics dont just so they can keep the price of the job down, but they should definately be done if you want the job done properly and to get the maximum performance and life out of your brake pads.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post