Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
zing

Default 30K service

Hey guys, im quickly approaching my 30K service, my first service in this car since i bought it at 21000km. It desperatley needs a service, idling has been rougher than when i first bought it and it just doesnt seem to have the nip it used to when i bought it (cant even keep up with a getz!!).

So I have checked with a few ford service centres here in perth for prices. qoute were, $190-220 (Lynford), $220 (Nuford) and $280 (McInerney Ford).

Now for one i think McInerney are over the top, the guy i spoke to said the 30K service is a major service, hence it costs more, but i looked in the service manual and the major one is at 60,000km?? However Mcinerney sounded more professional than the others (well he comapred fiesta to the focus rather than festiva :P), who just simply looked up the price on the computer and couldnt give me any other info, but im not paying 280 thats for sure.

Anybody from perth have experience with ford service centres? opinions?

edit: the guy at Mcinerney was adamant that 30K service was different to the 15K service, even after i said it says they are the same in the service manual...

Old 09-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

tell Mcinerney that if he does it for 220 you will make a booking here and now, if not you tell him you have had service quotes for $220
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
bman

30k is a major service
In sydney we would pay 300+ for a major service at ford (Sinclair Ford has there top service for 600+)

In my opinion your service will end up costing less than a dollar a day.....so forget price and go to whom you feel will do the best job. Also ask them if they wouldnt mind reprogramming the ECU......some might want to charge big bucks....but others will do it for free.

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
zing

Are you sure? because in the service manual, 30K is said to be an "A" service, as is the 15K service. That inlcudes oil change, oil filter, pollen filter, general fluid checks etc. The Major "B" service includes all those in "A" service plus, renewing air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, ECU test. And the "B" service is for the 60K.

Also one of my reverse lights bulbs have gone, is this covered by 3 yr waranty or only 12 months parts warranty?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

30K in NOT a major service. 15k = A, 30k = A, 45k = A and 60k = B.

Also your reverse light hasn't blown, the car only has one
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
zing

booked it in for $173.30(supplying my oil) at nuford Wangara, Perth.

Hopefully they do a good job, My Dad has had bad experiences with servicing with dealer service centres...