Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #31
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well well well..I like them only because they are positive and keep it simple..SHOW the cars and forgo the abstract rubbish eg. "fingers ad" that at first sent you thinking Yellow pages or WTF. It's a move in a far more positive direction And lets face it atm Ford has top shelf vehicles in their segments, none of them are cellar dwellars as far as product comparisons go. Add more car lines as mentioned in the dealer sessions and the future suddenly gets more attractive.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #32
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford must be doing something right in their marketing... a mate of mine, who wouldnt ever consider stepping on a Ford site (Holden fan, but put his dollars elsewhere) is considering a Mondeo Wagon..... i almost dropped for fear the world was ending... Ford might just be on a winner here... lets hope they can continue this with the massive amount of new products that are coming in the next 24 months....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #33
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I hope Holden got royalties for those adds,

The shots, the styles, the soft voice-over, the mentioning of specific user-friendly features, the close-ups on people faces, and the closing discussion on a particular variant - all were ripped straight from the Holden adds.

Its pretty pathetic Ford's best marketing is a straight rip from a competitor. Still the best ads Ford have done in ages. I wonder if they had been seeing what was being written in these forums to come up with these new ads....?
Yeah, it definetly had huge streaks of Holden inspiration. I think its in answer to Holden's 'compare our cars to any other & may the best car win' catch phrase. Holden are obviuosly betting on the fact that people aren't gonna actually compare because they would be getting their ar$es hand to them on a plate, ha.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #34
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I think the line "we're confident we have a car for you" is very positive. IMO what Ford are saying there is "we're confident we have a car to suit YOU". Whereas the Holden ads these Ford ones supposedly receive inspiration from seem to say "buy this car because we said its good" instead. Hopefully people get what im trying to say here.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #35
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
I think the line "we're confident we have a car for you" is very positive. IMO what Ford are saying there is "we're confident we have a car to suit YOU". Whereas the Holden ads these Ford ones supposedly receive inspiration from seem to say "buy this car because we said its good" instead. Hopefully people get what im trying to say here.
I certainly understand you and agree 100%
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #36
djst1
Starter Motor

It's about time.

Good adds - Preach the features and tech to the buying public.
djst1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #37
Bakis
XR6ED

I'm just happy there is an ad lol, good to see it does entire range too not like holdens Cruze and Commowhore. .

Didn't know mondeo had direct changing Xenons but now i do

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #38
fordv8!

about time all is starting to turn for ford imo
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #39
2.8L Hilux
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Nice ... about time the Marketing department actually working for their paypacket.
The last decent Ford ad I remember seeing was a BFII Fairmont GHIA ad.
That was a great ad. That made me want to get one in the first place.

I like these new ads. Much better then the Holden ones (I know I'm a bit biased, but I don't really see whats so great about them)

The 50th anniversary slogan "Out in front for 50 years, and that's where we're staying" I thought was brilliant.
Old 25-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #40
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly think its great! We got a whole heap of calls in at work today, much more than usual i think.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #41
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

I agree with the sentiment on here and of the ads themselves. They seemed quite upbeat and not into 'pressuring' the buyers into looking at a ford (which i do get from the holden ads) but saying...we have something to suit you so take a look. Toyota used to have an ad that basically said they had a 'complete lineup' and its part of the reason they have got such sales stamina. As ford builds a complete lineup it is probably a good time to run these sorts of ads...especially wih the 'one ford' platform scenario leading to new light, small and medium cars, new ranger etc....

I wonder of the 'ford, of course' slogan got binned for this is all? I quite liked that and it hasn't been in use all that long but i think perhaps detroit has been behind this overhaul. Seems like they have decided to standardise website/marketing etc. as well as the cars themselves. The edict has gone out and ford aus has just got on board whether they wanted too or not....? just an idea. I suppose with the success of the strategy in the US (though that is at least in part region specific with the gm/chrysler issues) then maybe its not a bad way to go.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #42
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is no pleasing some people.

Ford could bring out a car that instead of emissions, it prints money out of the exhaust.

And there would still be people on here bagging it... "oh, it only prints $50's, unless it's printing $100's its pathetic"

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #43
stev3n

Personally I reckon ford's best marketing ploy has been releasing a V8 to a few magazines that seems to produce more power than what is quoted on the badge.
Surely you've seen the internet hype surrounding the GT-P's dyno figures.

This ploy even got 200 plus posts on holden forums, got everyone in the lunchroom at work talking. All without spending one cent .
stev3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #44
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev3n
Personally I reckon ford's best marketing ploy has been releasing a V8 to a few magazines that seems to produce more power than what is quoted on the badge. Surely you've seen the internet hype surrounding the GT-P's dyno figures. This ploy even got 200 plus posts on holden forums, got everyone in the lunchroom at work talking. All without spending one cent .
Now that's marketing. There is so much more to it than just TV adverts, things like this get people talking. These new adverts are fantastic, but Ford need to keep on it. These will raise awareness, and put Ford back into the minds of consumers, but it won't necessary get people talking. They need to continue this 'silent' advertising for the fans and do some daring adverts to again get people talking.

I love advertising, and I love it when Ford get is so right.

Falcon XR8 Ute - The Power It Gives Blokes Is Unbelievable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kd2mMa0KqE

Falcon RTV Ute - Unbelievable Over Ruggard Terrain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlAEb...eature=related

Ford marketing is becoming less one sided and boring, and more visible in the places it counts.
Old 25-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #45
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Ford needs to reconnect with buyers and make them feel like Ford is building vehicle just for them.
Until they start doing that it's all just blah, blah, blah

I'm convinced that Ford can't sell mass appeal in Falcon or Territory unless they're $36,990.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #46
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
I agree with the sentiment on here and of the ads themselves. They seemed quite upbeat and not into 'pressuring' the buyers into looking at a ford (which i do get from the holden ads) but saying...we have something to suit you so take a look. Toyota used to have an ad that basically said they had a 'complete lineup' and its part of the reason they have got such sales stamina. As ford builds a complete lineup it is probably a good time to run these sorts of ads...especially wih the 'one ford' platform scenario leading to new light, small and medium cars, new ranger etc....

I wonder of the 'ford, of course' slogan got binned for this is all? I quite liked that and it hasn't been in use all that long but i think perhaps detroit has been behind this overhaul. Seems like they have decided to standardise website/marketing etc. as well as the cars themselves. The edict has gone out and ford aus has just got on board whether they wanted too or not....? just an idea. I suppose with the success of the strategy in the US (though that is at least in part region specific with the gm/chrysler issues) then maybe its not a bad way to go.
yeah i think thats the case but it was always going to happen with this 'one ford' rollout.

with 2011 being a 'big' year for ford, will ford WOW the public with the release of the new terry, ecoboost 4, XR8(?) new LPG etc, in one MAJOR press release to grab headline news on the tv and the like or would it be better to release it in stages? in stages it may not get the exposure it deserves

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 01:28 AM   #47
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Great job Ford, a good step in the right direction!!

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 03:10 AM   #48
Gaz
Got Ghia?

the xr8 ute and RTV ad's were perfect examples of nailing the target audience, pity all the tradies just wanted SS's.

I always liked this spoof - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLXKxZMcz-I
Old 26-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #49
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
There is no pleasing some people.

Ford could bring out a car that instead of emissions, it prints money out of the exhaust.

And there would still be people on here bagging it... "oh, it only prints $50's, unless it's printing $100's its pathetic"

Haha couldn't agree more.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #50
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I love these two new Ford adverts, but with the good is the bad. I get the idea behind this ad, but it just doesn't work for me. Despite the fact the Fiesta Zetec won't be on-sale until March next year, and theres a good split of male buyers who will be put off by the ad, it just seams tacky and doesn't promote much. The print adverting is much better, and it's running across Asia as well so definitely a sign of the 'One Ford we're hearing much about. More good news:

Quote:
Separate 15 sec TVCs will also introduce the fuel economy of the Fiesta Diesel and the space in the Fiesta Sedan.
Info and link to the new advert below.

http://www.campaignbrief.com/2010/11...-asia-pac.html
Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #51
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Link to a short vid from the motor show!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Etheridg.../0/29WGgxahOiY

Also has all the latest Ford ad's and a few more tid bits!

Cheers
Andrew
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #52
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OMG, did someone increase the marketing budget at Ford Aust?? There is a new ad for ute, ranger, foucs, fiesta, Territ, G6.. The only one really missing is the mondo..

I like them....
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #53
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
OMG, did someone increase the marketing budget at Ford Aust?? There is a new ad for ute, ranger, foucs, fiesta, Territ, G6.. The only one really missing is the mondo..

I like them....
Bring back the German Shepherd!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #54
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The Mondeo is mentioned in one of the ads and does show the voice activation in use. Yes in one of the new ads as well. So they weren't missed out.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 01:24 AM   #55
mr ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
The last decent Ford ad I remember seeing was a BFII Fairmont GHIA ad.
Great ad. Here is the Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tuVW3HTiDk
mr ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post