Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #91
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
When driving past shop windows?
ROFL good call there Paul. Must say I am impressed this thread is popular. Goes to show the cliches and stereotypical owners of cars have well and truely broken down.

388cube_edxr8,
Great to see another C4 Corvette owner. What C4 do you own? These C4's are a surprise of the line and can scare alot of cars with much more horsepower.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #92
pk2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Lane
Needed a few parts for my XC a couple of years back and I sent my gf (who happens to be asian) to Bursons. Salesperson was shocked when she asked for a top and bottom radiator hose for a XC 351 cleaveland and a dizzy cap.
Same here. When the GF drives my XC, the looks she gets are amazing.
pk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #93
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Mismatched is when my beautiful young wife drives my Grampa-spec VH.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #94
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
388cube_edxr8,
Great to see another C4 Corvette owner. What C4 do you own? These C4's are a surprise of the line and can scare alot of cars with much more horsepower.
Buggered if I know, I was younger and less aware of such things when I drove it. It was my Dad's car and he sold it a couple of years back. I don't know why, I loved that car. Alls I know is that it had an injected 350chev, 4 spd auto and glass targa top.

I saw a gold Hyundai Excel this morning, go up on two wheels turning left at an intersection. Two of the fattest men I have ever seen were in it, one driving and the other sitting beside him, on the same side!
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #95
TZENU
XY Driv3r

I get the WTF look when I ocassionally take the XY to work!... Come on what type of accountant drives an XY right? Let alone one that managed to put it all together!...

I also love the looks the MRS gets when she's driving it too!!!.. Especially those younger blokes who think that b/c she's a woman she doesn't know how to drive...
Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #96
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

My wife gets a few comments at her work driving the T series into the carpark with all the Hybrid Camry's, prius', Audi's, Merc's and BMW's. Not too much aussie muscle at an environmental consulting firm.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #97
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

My brother gets some looks driving my XE on his L's. Its got fat rubber, a 351 clevo and is running side pipes at the moment lol.

Mum gets a few looks in my EF. Its lowered on ultralows with clear tail lights and sports exhaust lol. She says she loves the purring sound haha WTF!

My uncle Glen is in his late 60s early 70s and is filthy rich. He wears old work clothes and has a big beard lol. He still prefers to drive around in his beat up GQ patrol instead of his rand new mercedes 4wd. He also has a model T, 1908 dewitt electric car, FC wagon, army truck and an industrial size shed full of old stuff like tractors, farm machinery, restored bikes, pedal cars etc etc.. He is an awesome down to earth bloke and will help anyone. Everyone around the area knows him.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:38 AM   #98
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres an old lady.. and I mean " old " lady driving a F6 Typhoon around my way. I've seen her a few times, and it's odd watching her get out.. lock it.. stand back.. admire the car.. then admire it some more, before walking off.

There was also a mid-aged woman driving around in a BA XR8, dropped on some old school style muscle rims.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:30 AM   #99
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Went for a cruise to York W.A. for a car display. Took the minister for war & finance with me, & munchkins as well. A young guy swooning all over my EL GT, reels back in horror when he spots 2 baby seats in the back. He then yells across to his mate " what sort of idiot would put baby seats in an EL GT?". I politely tapped him on the shoulder & said " this sort of idiot, I own the car". The look on his face was priceless.
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #100
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
I seen a VL commodore at autobarn today, Inside was a young bloke with a crooked hat, Broken seat, smoke hanging out, arm out window and eminem flatout. Is that unusual???
lol this is quite typical. Luckily I'm not like that.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #101
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
True story. He was probably taller than you , then. I'm 5'10" and he was a full head or so taller than me, and built like a country s-house. Had some flab, but did powerlifting
I'm only 6'1-2" and I barely fit in the front of a falcon (I don't fit in the back) some people are proportioned differently. my brother who is 6'4" fits in the rear of the same falcon with ease.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #102
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Yeah, my own reflection when i drive my ute wearing my work clothes... jacked up XG feral ute with 30" A/T 4wd tyres, and me wearing a blue sleeved office shirt with black trousers and vest, all with Toyota written all over them... hehe
Old 11-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #103
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Me.
Being a shift worker and with plenty of time off during the week, I often pick my grand daughter up from child care, as my daughter is a single mum, and is hard at work, hairdressing.
I often leave the child booster seat in the ute.
A mate of mine saw it, and pointed it out, saying 'Gaz, you should be picking up babes, not babies.'
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #104
Mr12345678x

An old European woman driving around in a VN commodore painted candy apple red with rims, exhaust and white venetian blinds
Mr12345678x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #105
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one of my first cars was a ford probe, lowered, massive wheels and even bigger exhaust (about 115 DB) and a very loud soundsystem, she used to drive it when was getting work done cause the place is just around the corner from her work, a 45 yr old woman with long grey hair pulling up at lights... gold
Old 12-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #106
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My father looks quite strange in his mazda 121 with mags and tinted windows and roof racks, he is over 6 foot tall very stocky build bald and is seldom cleanly shaved, the car just doesn't suit him at all looks like trying to fit a deck of cards into a matchbox, and he drives the wheels off the thing too! which also looks quite strange..

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #107
Paxton
Cobblers!

My neighbour has just taken possession of a Riced up VN wagon. Candy Apple red, Neons, VE SS Rims, Sports exhaust, LPG, and more subwoofer power than the boat anchor can crank out. With the radio on, the headlights dim.

He is also 40-odd, has three kids, and has lost his Pajero (also on LPG) for that POS.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #108
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cops pulling me and my dodgy head over to chat about my un dolphin friendly naughty looking Potty Beige... kids asleep on the backseat...... on your way now..... hehehe
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #109
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

i frequently wonder about my bosses wife...... somewhere in her 60's, 5 feet nothing and built like a toothpick..... and ALLWAYS has something flash to take home, be it a XR8 or a clubsport.....

it sucks working at a car yard and not getting a company car.....
Old 13-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #110
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
i frequently wonder about my bosses wife...... somewhere in her 60's, 5 feet nothing and built like a toothpick..... and ALLWAYS has something flash to take home, be it a XR8 or a clubsport.....

it sucks working at a car yard and not getting a company car.....

Apply for a better job in said dealership, then

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #111
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
True story. He was probably taller than you , then. I'm 5'10" and he was a full head or so taller than me, and built like a country s-house. Had some flab, but did powerlifting.

This was about 18 years ago, and my memory of the car is sketchy, but I'm fairly certain he sat in the back (unless he re-mounted the driver's seat, which is a more likely scenario). I never rode with him but a mate of mine did.
stories like that come up pretty often when people reminisce about tall people they knew with minis, but I'd guarantee nobody has ever driven a standard mini from the back seat. Minis are fairly roomy inside. the drivers seat in mine had minor adjustment, and with it back as far as it would go, I couldn't touch the pedals - I'm also 6'2". To drive from the back seat, you'd need 2m long legs and arms which would make you a pretty crazy looking individual. I had much more legroom and headroom in the mini than I had in my EF fairmont at the time.

Much more likely as you suggest he had just fitted adjustable seat brackets that are available to move the mini seats back about a further 100mm or thereabouts. I'll admit that "driving from the back seat" makes a much better story though

Dunno if Rob (prydey) remembers - would've been about 15 years ago - but there was a time in his last mini that we had 5 people in there and at least 3 of us were over 6 foot and the other 2 weren't much shorter - apparently we looked funny getting out...

EDIT - just noticed - 302 posts for me... that's a good number I'll have to leave it at that for a while...
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #112
jlef5

I think it would have looked funny when my mum had to borrow my gemini a few years back when her car had a few problems a 55 year old grand mother sort getting out of this.
jlef5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #113
MGGT RAA
AUII XR8, BA XR8 290 UTE

My mrs (on the left) and her BA XR8 ute, only thing that possibly gives it away as a chicks car is the plates...

And with 264RWKW one of the best parts about it is seeing the looks on some guys faces when they realise theyve just had their *** handed to them by a chick
Old 21-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #114
mr ghia

Bloke at work drives/owns a 2008 Caprice, V8, quad exhausts, 20 inch rims, Passion Red, cream leather, DVD screens in rear of front headrests. He's 73!
mr ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #115
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I know its not a car, but we've got a guy at work who looks the total biker package, really large frame, big gut, tattoo(s), long hair, ear ring, massive beard, bandanna, leathers - you get the picture. He rides a 250cc Virago.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #116
EF
Formerly gt.4.me

i get looks when i am driving my dads FG GT 315 with L plates on hahahah and on the weekends when i drive his xy wagon with the 302 pumping and the 3 inchs pumping away hahah with 9 inch rubber on the back and L plates love it
EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #117
jlef5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt.4.me
i get looks when i am driving my dads FG GT 315 with L plates on hahahah and on the weekends when i drive his xy wagon with the 302 pumping and the 3 inchs pumping away hahah with 9 inch rubber on the back and L plates love it
I find it funny that in queensland (not sure where you are from) that you could legally drive both those cars for your learners even for the driving test to get your ps but the second you have your ps its illegal to drive either car.
jlef5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #118
EF
Formerly gt.4.me

yes its the same in NSW which sucks but i have a licence when i get my Ps which lets me drive high performance cars sooo i might get to take the wagon for a crusie some days
EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #119
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGGT RAA
And with 264RWKW one of the best parts about it is seeing the looks on some guys faces when they realise theyve just had their *** handed to them by a chick
I've probably been one of those guys

haha, nice ute!!
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post