Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #61
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

hell yeah I love my badge... Look how happy...!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #62
Jimmyd
Banned

Been giving me that private little full body smile for twenty years now....

Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #63
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Unless the Holden is powered by a Chev. It is at least, and Im sure some could argue company ownership specifics but Im not getting into that, part Chev.
No I don't even agree with that. My car has a Nissan engine, but I'm not going to put Nissan badges on it.

While I understand some people put Chev badges on, because of Holden's close running relationship with Chev, powerplant alone shouldn't warrant a badge change IMO.

The Yanks don't mix, and match badges between Chevs, Pontiacs, Buicks etc. Even though alot of cars within GM share driveline/engine components.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #64
Cooper69S

used to love this one... unfortunately don't have it any more

Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #65
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
No I don't even agree with that. My car has a Nissan engine, but I'm not going to put Nissan badges on it.

While I understand some people put Chev badges on, because of Holden's close running relationship with Chev, powerplant alone shouldn't warrant a badge change IMO.

The Yanks don't mix, and match badges between Chevs, Pontiacs, Buicks etc. Even though alot of cars within GM share driveline/engine components.
I agree

If people based the badge on the engine, Diesel Ssangyongs and Jeep Grand Cherokee's would have Mercedes badges. Then everyone would be having a go at them for trying to make their car look like a luxury Mercedes when it is not really.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #66
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:

Well we arent talking about factory fitting the badge in this case are we?

I just wouldnt bag someone who puts a badge on a Chev powered Holden. I would laugh if you put Nissan badges on your Holden though, despite the engine. Chev and Holden are pretty much on par, Nissan is much better than Holden.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #67
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:

I just wouldnt bag someone who puts a badge on a Chev powered Holden. I would laugh if you put Nissan badges on your Holden though, despite the engine. Chev and Holden are pretty much on par, Nissan is much better than Holden.
Yep, RB30 was the best six ever fitted to a Holden.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:09 AM   #68
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Unless the Holden is powered by a Chev. It is at least, and Im sure some could argue company ownership specifics but Im not getting into that, part Chev.
So should a VL have a Nissan badge on it? I think that Holden owners that put chev badges on aren't proud of it being a Holden. Ford is known around the world. Holden isn't. At the end of the day a Holden isn't a chev, no matter what engine it has in it.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:09 AM   #69
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Speaking of which I have seen a VL with a GTR badge before.

I've always felt mixed with Chev badges on Holdens. In some cases they can look good, but I will never put one on any Holden I own. Even if it has a full Chev drivetrain. Rocker covers make sense however.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:12 AM   #70
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

^ sorry I didn't read the above posts before I wrote mine.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #71
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:

I've always felt mixed with Chev badges on Holdens. In some cases they can look good, but I will never put one on any Holden I own. Even if it has a full Chev drivetrain. Rocker covers make sense however.
It could be worse. I remember in Melbourne quite a feww Asians driving stock Camrys and the like getting around with badges from a dozen or so makes on them piled one above the other on the guard, and/or covering the length of the bootlip. I assume they had family working in various factories bringing home badges off anything they could.

Meh, whatever floats their ... oh wait, that may be distasteful.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #72
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
(snip) I hold my Fords in the highest regard. Each time I look at my cars, whether its the Galaxies, or the XR8 I just smile and feel happy. I could stand there and stare at them for hours like the guys in the Colourbond roof ads.

I am proud of the Ford badge and am proud to be a part of the heritage. The ownership experience of a Ford is like no other. I know it all sounds cheesy, but I feel the connection between Man and Ford automobile is real and strong within me. I could honestly say im a part of a dying breed, but that only makes me stand firmer in what I believe. In this changing world, I sincerely hope the Dream never dies in all of us. May we bleed blue forever.
I was going to post a reply, but Scotty you have written the words for me.
My old XD ute isn't anywhere flash, fast or fabulous, but yeah, it's what keeps me going as far as cars and Fords are concerned.

I'd dearly love a new Pursuit with the 335 donk, but they just don't make them.

Ed
Old 12-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #73
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Can't say I've ever smiled at a badge.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #74
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIIXR8
Hahahhahaha, Unreal Danny! Thats alot of photos... Gota love the iPhone...

I remember when I was on the 300ZX forum... There was a fellow on there so obsessed with his Z that he knew his Vin/Chass number off by heart... Now thats commitment... LOL
hahahahaha.... I learned my VIN off by heart before I had even picked up my car from the dealership. I saw it in a movie where a guy had been locked in jail for 30 years. When he got out, he wanted to find his 69 GTO Judge. He did that be reciting his VIN number. I thought that it was sooo cool to have remembered it that whole time. So I learned mine as well.

I'm one of those also who has that passion for my Focus. Its not so much the badges and what they mean. (The badges certainlly don't have the strong heritage that a GT badge would have). It's my first car which was purchased brand new and apon its purchase I suppose it gave me a sence of achievement. All the times I've enjoyed driving it. All the work I've put into it, both modifications and repairs have given me a great attachment to it and I'd never sell it for anything in the world.

I've also printed and framed some of my photos from various car shows, so that I can stare at my car even if i'm in the office.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #75
TZENU
XY Driv3r

To answer the OPs question - Absobloodylutely!!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #76
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

My FG XR6 is the first new car I've ever owned. Yes I might be idiotic buying a new car, particularly since they all depreciate so much. But every time I wander out to the shed I take a look and smile knowing I'm the first owner and it make my proud. I haven't had this feeling since my EL XR8.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #77
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You do realise that in the 90's a fellow actually did fit a full GTR Skyline driveline into a VL. He installed the motor, box, diffs, all the computers, even the the full 4 wheel steer. Worked the motor to I cant remember what horsepower, and kept the whole lot looking really stock.

Car was featured in a Street Machine magazine many years ago.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #78
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
You do realise that in the 90's a fellow actually did fit a full GTR Skyline driveline into a VL. He installed the motor, box, diffs, all the computers, even the the full 4 wheel steer. Worked the motor to I cant remember what horsepower, and kept the whole lot looking really stock.

Car was featured in a Street Machine magazine many years ago.
IIRC it was known as Godzilla - twin turbo 3.1 Litre running Gibson Motor Sport/EFI and RB26 DOHC head and Cosworth pistons teamed up with Harrop indycar front brakes and Uscott 17" wheels
Think I might still have a copy of that Street Machine somewhere in the shed....
Old 12-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #79
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingy351
My FG XR6 is the first new car I've ever owned. Yes I might be idiotic buying a new car, particularly since they all depreciate so much. But every time I wander out to the shed I take a look and smile knowing I'm the first owner and it make my proud. I haven't had this feeling since my EL XR8.
The problem isnt buying new, its buying new again within a few years. New cars have always cost a lot in relation to average wage/house price.

Its just that when I was growing up, the parents in my street were still washing the same car in the driveway 10-15 yrs later.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #80
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd
IIRC it was known as Godzilla - twin turbo 3.1 Litre running Gibson Motor Sport/EFI and RB26 DOHC head and Cosworth pistons teamed up with Harrop indycar front brakes and Uscott 17" wheels
Think I might still have a copy of that Street Machine somewhere in the shed....
Yep, I think that might be it. Got over 15 years of Street Machne mags, cant be bothered.

Maybe Ryan could see if he could get a closer look at that VL?
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #81
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm over the badge BS.. hit the key and start warming it up then i know some serious shits about to happen.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #82
XR Lita
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nope. Not a fan of the badges on my car. They were removed, except for the XR badge on the bonnet, and the FORD badge on the back..

Which will be gone when I find a new boot garnish to delete it completely. I like my smooth lines of the car over any badges