Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Should Non GT Fords Have The Stripes and Non V8s Have The Bonnet Bulge?
No Leave Them For The GTs and The V8s 51 40.48%
Yes I already have those on my non GT/V8 8 6.35%
I dont really care 67 53.17%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #31
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i added stripes as it didn't come from factory with any, and it needs them to break up the orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99auxr
what i mean as they could find a different design in stripe and not the one marketed on the GT's
unfortunately most printers only offer GT packages..
Old 22-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #32
cjf
GT Hardcore

It's the owners choice, no one elses right to say yay or nay.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
cjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #33
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm... I have to say that while I would love to not care, I am a purist. To be honest I think that it should be left original. My HK Monaro was sprayed one colour because it wasn't a GTS - just my personal feelings towards the matter.

At the end of the day, the XR4 has stripes, so the world has been a bit desensitised to the whole stripe thing. I'm rambling now.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Personally I dont care....

I have stripes on my XY because its what I want and not some bloke telling me otherwise
Old 22-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #35
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
It's the owners choice, no one elses right to say yay or nay.
GOT IT IN ONE! Besides, GT stands for Glorified Taxi any way.
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #36
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
I personally don't like fakers but that is up to the individual owning the car in question.

Seems to me the OP is a little bit elitist about Daddy's ride.
elitist, you could have used a better word,
I dont think in anyway superior, its just my veiws on a car, im not saying all non gt drivers or whatever shouldnt have stripes, but more so i wouldnt do it as its MY beleifs that they should be as they come.
This matter is completely regardless to my dads falcon, even if he didnt have it i would still have these veiws. and his FG was the only falcon to get stripes.

I was going to put a T series bodykit with on my au but decided not to as I beleive that it would be more worth while waiting and saving and getting the real thing.
I do i think v8s are great? no not really i would rather have an F6 but hey. All i meant by starting this was cars should be left like they are out of the factory, but when modified not modified to look like a better model but more so something aftermarket. Some people dont like thatand thats alright i dont mind what people do to their cars, I wouldn't want someone to tell me i cant do something with my au, and im sorry if it came across as they MUST NOT have stripes its just my opinion.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #37
bingoTE50
Steve

Not fussed myself.I remember my older brothers mates using black electrical tape for stripes on EH Holdens.If people did not experiment with stock cars ,you probably would not have seen any of the show cars we see today. Murals,stripes,different paint,all ok by me .
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #38
bingoTE50
Steve

Not fussed myself.I remember my older brothers mates using black electrical tape for stripes on EH Holdens.If people did not experiment with stock cars ,you probably would not have seen any of the show cars we see today. Murals,stripes,different paint,all ok by me .
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #39
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
I remember my older brothers mates using black electrical tape for stripes on EH Holdens.
Classic
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #40
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally, I don't like the stripes on XR6's, poverty packs etc. On GT / GTP's that's OK. A statement is being made. Today I saw a BMW Mini with a checker plate type pattern on the roof. Jesus this thing looked hideous! It also had stripes down the side, and they didn't look too much better than stripes done with a key!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #41
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont like stick on stripes on any thing, if it needs stripes harden up and paint the buggers on

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #42
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

I don't see it as any different to how we all dress to reflect our personalities etc. I smile as I am sitting in the real deal so see it as more of a compliment that someone aspires to have one.

I only get a bit scratchy when I see FPV and GT badging on cars that are in fact not. See this a bit however it is a society that allows us the freedom to express ourselves fairly freely so people can do what they want, but it is stretching it for me with the badges.

Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #43
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Performance cars only please.