Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
MAD
Petro-sexual

Default VSI-50 (Raising and Lowering Vehicles) revised

I just received this in my email. The new revision of VSI50 has been completed. Any thoughts can be directed to Andrew Stoner (andrew.stoner@nationals.org.au)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stoner
This morning, I obtained a copy of the Keneally Labor Government's latest plans to introduce their long-feared harsh new vehicle suspension regulations.

A copy of Labor's latest VSI-50 regulation can be found here.

I am in the process of going through the document and speaking with affected 4WDers and car enthusiasts.

Please email me and let me know what you think of Labor's latest vehicle height regulations.

Regards

Andrew Stoner
Old 22-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just read it, usual amount of nanny state waffling ******** from the RTA.

This self certification ******** reeks.

If the car is lowered or raised less than 50mm it should be fine, no certification should be needed. If it's raised more than 50mm then get an engineer involved, and if it's more than 150mm it's no way Jose.

The RTA just want a peice of paper with your signature saying you've modified your car. Then they'll use those figures to support a reduction in ride height modifications down the track. This is what it's all about. They want to get statistics so they can say in the future, "XY% of car with suspension modifications were involved in crashes, therefore we're banning these modifications."
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
MAD
Petro-sexual

Update:

I just received this in my email this morning.
Great news for us for a change.

Quote:
Dear Paul

Thanks to your efforts, we have made the Keneally Labor Government scrap its plans to introduce harsh vehicle modification laws (VSI-50).

This is a win for all 4WDers and car enthusiasts.

I will keep you updated on any further ill-conceived Labor plans, but please contact me with any other NSW roads issues.

Thank you and please remember to drive safely as we approach the festive season.

Kind Regards

Andrew Stoner MP
Leader of The Nationals
Shadow Minister for Roads