Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #121
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammag

I went to overtake a triple road train the other day and I was on the wrong side of the road for a VERY long time. It does seem a little under powered. But I do enjoy the pretty good fuel economy. I did buy it for economy and not performance. So it all balances out really.

So far a very good car.
I don't find mine under powered
But then again, probably don't get the fuel economy that you are getting!
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #122
wjf

One of the things I love about the TDCi is the ability to overtake with ease. My previous cars have had more power but nowhere near the amount of torque the diesel puts out.
Old 17-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #123
cammag

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
I don't find mine under powered
Ha ha ha
With another 44kw/60hp I bet you don't.
Old 17-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #124
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf
One of the things I love about the TDCi is the ability to overtake with ease. My previous cars have had more power but nowhere near the amount of torque the diesel puts out.
Especially the extra 20Nm of torque tucked away for overtaking :

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #125
cammag

Whoa!!! TDCi -112nm more the petrol.
Old 23-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #126
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Found this site might come in handy one day make sure you select English
http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/
apstar
Old 23-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #127
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Default Honest Opinions wanted from TDCI owners

: Ok, after months of browsing the Mondeo threads and looking on with envy at all of you, we're finally in the position that we wanted to be when purchasing a new car.

We're finally negotiating with the dealer on a new TDCI and wanted to know everyone's opinion on how they've fared, particularly those that have had a few K's logged.

They did give us a demonstrator for the morning the other week (was good to get a feel for how it is running around, out on the highway etc.), but at one point, coming back from the highway run on a winding coastal road, the left front wheel developed an annoying squeak (I put it down to the brake pads and it settled down after a couple of hours).

Anyway, because it was a demonstrator and had about 11k on the clock, I figured that it had been given quite a few hard runs.

I'm particularly interested in how other's have fared after several months on the road (not that it's going to change my mind much about the Mondeo).

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #128
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroinTas
I'm particularly interested in how other's have fared after several months on the road (not that it's going to change my mind much about the Mondeo).

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Mine was one of the first ones avaiable in Oz. Got it on 4 January. There are a few others like me on here. We waited 3 months for the car to get here!

Anyway, no major problems. Drives well, liek the highway. Plenty of room inside, the hatch is great. I've had them before and will probably stick with the Mondeo as long as they keep importing them. I'm on a lease, so I've got two and a bit years left. I'll probably stick with another one.

FYI, over 12000 kms, averaging 7.3 l/100 kms. That's a mix of city and highway, but mostly city. Not bad for a car it's size. Why would you buy a BMW or other Euro when you get all the Mondeo offers?
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #129
scribbly

Yeah, what Dusty said and....

My wife drives the car more than me and even though I'm still in the bad books for getting rid of the Territory is getting to like it more and more. Her driving is why the fuel economy is pulling 6.6 l/100km.
When I get in (fuel economy goes down slightly) I just love this car's torque and the way the turbo works right across the band. The car sounds like a truck outside but inside you hear nothing. You sit at a 100 kmh and the revs are at 1900 (6th gear), put the foot down and pass another car like lightning - I'm getting carried away but I really enjoy driving this car.
When travelling long distances you can really stack this car up. I know I can fit more in it for a trip than the Territory and the long drive is an effortless experience. What about dialling a new level for the headlights? I do this all the time out here in the country so that I can see further without switching to high beam. Of course it's really for when you have the big load in the back and pointing the headlights down.
I thought I had some squeaks & rattles at the start but it turned out to be the e-tag. Ford Customer Service were great and continued to follow up to make sure I'm happy. That counts for a lot in my books.
These forums & the UK ones have proved to be a great source of information when going to the dealer. The guys where I go respond to my needs and the car now has the auto locking activated and a re-gas of the a/c lined up for my 30,000 km service (5k to go). All in all a lovely car.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #130
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

scribbly

On the E-Tag will it work where the black cross hatch patch behing the rear vision mirror is or does it need clear glass!!

apstar
Old 25-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #131
Simon_Koala
Starter Motor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
.....(My daughter's boyfriend has moved from Katoomba to Windsor so I have to do that darn drive at least twice every weekend.)
The things we do for our kids hey ........ and they never usually appreciate it ! lol ......
Old 25-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #132
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
scribbly

On the E-Tag will it work where the black cross hatch patch behing the rear vision mirror is or does it need clear glass!!

apstar
Yes, mine is directly behind the mirror half over the mesh and clear window. It works perfectly in Vic and in Qld where I drove for holidays.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #133
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
Yes, mine is directly behind the mirror half over the mesh and clear window. It works perfectly in Vic and in Qld where I drove for holidays.
Hey Scribbly, how many people have you seen who don't stick them onto the galss and have them jammed down the front of the windscreen? And those who have their etag at strange places on their windscreens? I've seen them up where the service sticker goes, just above the rego sticker, in the middle of the windscreen at the bottom, and even one on someones rear windscreen!

Hopeless.

Mine's in the same spot as yours, not on the mesh bit but directly below it, and I can't see it, and it does what it's meant to do.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 26-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #134
wjf

Mine is also on the mesh part of the windscreen and it works just fine.

Interestingly in my Mazda 6 (the car I traded in for the Mondy) there was a mini glovebox built inot the top of the dash, right above the stereo, about half the size of the main one, a good place to store sunglasses etc.

I found quite by accident when I hadnt yet attached my replacemnt etag that it worked fine just sitting in that glovebox - I never bothered to attach it.
Old 26-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #135
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shouldn't need to in theory its Radio Frequency not a visual requirement e.g. camera has to see it more like bluetooth protocol

apstar
Old 26-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #136
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Mine is directly on the shaded area works fine. In my terry its inside the top box (storage compartment) on the dash, works fine inside there as well.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #137
TheColonel

Mine is kept in the centre console....
Old 07-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #138
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Default Honest Opinions wanted from TDCI owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Mine was one of the first ones avaiable in Oz. Got it on 4 January. There are a few others like me on here. We waited 3 months for the car to get here!

Anyway, no major problems. Drives well, liek the highway. Plenty of room inside, the hatch is great. I've had them before and will probably stick with the Mondeo as long as they keep importing them. I'm on a lease, so I've got two and a bit years left. I'll probably stick with another one.

FYI, over 12000 kms, averaging 7.3 l/100 kms. That's a mix of city and highway, but mostly city. Not bad for a car it's size. Why would you buy a BMW or other Euro when you get all the Mondeo offers?
Thanks Dusty1 and Scribbly for the feedback,

I placed an order for mine today, with a wait time of 2 weeks. The delay's only due to the fact that we wanted euro plates (10 days), a tow pack, and darkest legal tint. The dealer still can't believe why these cars aren't more popular (there's only about a dozen or so here in NW Tas).

Cheers again
Old 21-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #139
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroinTas
Thanks Dusty1 and Scribbly for the feedback,

I placed an order for mine today, with a wait time of 2 weeks. The delay's only due to the fact that we wanted euro plates (10 days), a tow pack, and darkest legal tint. The dealer still can't believe why these cars aren't more popular (there's only about a dozen or so here in NW Tas).

Cheers again
Finally picked up the new TDCI today, a joy to drive, getting the hang of the blue tooth and voice control but will have to sit down and study the manual a fair bit.

Already the car is turning heads, including a well known rich person in my area who almost pranged his black CLK as he drove by cause he was looking at the Mondy (waiting at the T intersection) and not the road. We pulled out a fair way behind him and he slowed right down to let us catch up. They're certainly a striking difference from all the 6's, accords and Subi's (the last 3 months our street seems to have filled up with outlanders).

As for the dealer, well good and bad points. Walked in, the car looking $hitot, with the euro plates etc and said: "what about the tint". Dealer "oh Crap" - Dumba$$.

Anyway it's booked in tomorrow, and as it's near work anyway, won't be a problem.

Can't wait to get it out on the highway this weekend (2 trips planned).

Gotta love the Mondy.
Old 22-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #140
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Well done pedroin tas, I just did a lap of tassie in the XR5 and didn't see another Mondeo in the week I was down there. Got lots of attention everywhere we went.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #141
warren77

Paulie0735

Taking an XR5 through the Tassie countryside would be a bit of fun. Give it a good work out
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #142
middleman
Starter Motor

Hi All,

I was reading through the past entries in this thread and there is a mention of the autolocking feature. Is this something that the dealer has to do or can I do it myself (and how)?

Thanks!
middleman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #143
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleman
Hi All,

I was reading through the past entries in this thread and there is a mention of the autolocking feature. Is this something that the dealer has to do or can I do it myself (and how)?

Thanks!
The dealer has to do it, it's a simple change in the IDS I asked ford to set mine when it was going through pre-delivery.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #144
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleman
Hi All,

Thanks!
Most of the dealers would know how to do this by now, enough of us have got it done. Make sure they don't try to charge you for it.
Previous:
Old 23-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #145
middleman
Starter Motor

Thanks! I will have mine done at the dealer.

So hard to keep it clean, it rains for a grand total of 5 minutes, then the sun shows up and you end up with a dirty Mondeo!
middleman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #146
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Not exactly a problem, more a freakin' annoyance. I popped the bonnet today and it looks like a rat has been gnawing the plastic on the radiator fan shroud and the plastic cover near the oil filler.

It looks terrible have to set some baits, just need to be careful with my dog. We had a similar thing maybe three years ago when a rat gnawed through an ignition lead on my Commodore.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Old 25-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #147
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Baits will not work because it's a possum you need a cage to catch it baited with cheese & apple some pet shops rent then out good luck

apstar
Old 31-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #148
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

My TDCi has just clocked 11,600 km (9+ months) and a warning message "Service Oil" recently displayed.

The dealer called it in and they reset the PCM, changed the oil and filter all warranty.

Pleased with that
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #149
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

My Mondeo finally went in for it's warranty claim, only took four months to get the final part in.

I had the passenger side front door trim replaced, the centre console lid with the 'hidden' tray and the washer bottle hose. The washer hose was the item that took so long, the dealer had the other parts withon a couple of weeks.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #150
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

My Mondeo supposedly had a software update, yet it still has no actual fuel economy reading.

What do I need to ask them to do/set so this appears? Foolishly I expected it to be done when I asked them to update the software.