Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2005, 11:40 PM   #61
mont106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Im guessing it was closer to 1km to get to 178kmh.

Unless your car launches hard enough to either almost get a front wheel off the ground, or can smoke the wheels with no problem for a good 300m, there is no way in hell your running anywhere near 178kmh in 400m.

My car (mild mods but i would bet a bit that it makes more power than your "stock" AU motor) ran 15.4 @ 90mph (144kmh) over 402m.

Sorry, but im going to call bullshit.
read the thread again, I said I could be mistaken about the distance bit. distance was measured by visual, visual distance can be deceiving, maybe over 500 metres.

Old 28-03-2005, 11:42 PM   #62
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Come on Casper can i had this out

Old 28-03-2005, 11:45 PM   #63
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

can i ask what kind of back ground u have in relation to this sort of engine modifacation

Last edited by INJECTED_250; 28-03-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 28-03-2005, 11:52 PM   #64
mont106

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED_250
THe tasmania part explains it all :>
moved down here for a better quality of life. where else can you buy a house that would cost $400,000 up there for $120,000. the air is much denser down here, nice and clean. engine breathing in O2 instead Co2 up there. hehehe

Old 28-03-2005, 11:58 PM   #65
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Yeah my Quad Turbo Dual GT90 Engine powered EL Taxi has 8 of these things, they are great, took my quarter mile time from 15 seconds @ 87mph to 0.5 seconds @ mach 2.3...I coupled them with two Volta TR100 Reverse cycle vacuum cleaners and fed them into the intake, just for that little extra spiceyness :dj:

Last edited by Paris Hilton; 29-03-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 29-03-2005, 12:05 AM   #66
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

cool... seleka. ill go and dismantle my mums 12v hair drier and make one now.. mm mach 2.3 quite impressive :>
Old 29-03-2005, 12:12 AM   #67
Yagz
Banned

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH A.

Now, i've composed myself, i also have 9 of these fans on my intake side.

I got 134giggawatts at the wheels.

Although, it was running a bit lean...

: : : : : py: :lookedat:
Old 29-03-2005, 12:13 AM   #68
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

This is intriging to say the least. Th fan shown in the photos wouldn't draw 11A withouth the insulation dripping from the wires.

As stated previously a supercharger is effectively a compressor not a fan. An axial fan will not work effectively into a high static head, they are typically utilised to discharge into open ducts or into free air.

A competitor E-RAM discounts axial fans as fraud, junk and conravention of their patents. A bit more research an my personal opinion is that these are also junk & fraud, just much higher priced junk. They run a much better designed fan but even at its 57Amp draw it is unlikely to be able to produce much comression in the intake. Thes guys propose axial-flow fans I guess thats there marketing hype for a fan blade with a better design and fan curve. But its still a fan.

So a modern Alternator at around 110/120A, minus about 45A for ECU AUTO BEM etc, not going to be practical. But wait we can plonk 2 more batteries in the boot, OK how do we charge these? not whilst in motion obviously, And we have just added at least $400 to the price for wiring relays, battery mounts batteries etc.

These next ones Thomas Knight lokk like the may have a motor impeller combination capable of actually achieving some boost. A compressor at last. But all the problems of how to drive them just compound, more Amps etc.

So without getting the sliderule out its not looking good, an average road going supercharger is going to sap about 10Kw of energy to do its job allowing the engine to produce even more Kw. so 10Kw/12V = about 834 Amps.
Axial fans I dont think so, and a boot full of traction batteries from a nearby forklift isn't going to do wonders for your quarter times either.

I'm not going to suggest bunkum, but frankly until I can see some real life independant testing and proving of results then I cant see any reason for anyone to be parting with the folding stuff. (filed with energy polarisors, magnetic fuel ionisors, etc in the awaiting proof cabinet.)
Old 29-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #69
mont106

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED_250
can i ask what kind of back ground u have in relation to this sort of engine modifacation
Completely experimental, been doing it for years. always fooling around with ideas to save money, I guess this setup works bretty good for my babe. I know how she response now compare to it before. it really respnse to my right foot. its a combination of ideas put togeather for someone else with 10million or more to research and better it. its not new its been around for years and getting better each time. its trail and error. it works, sometimes its a failure. in the near future you'll probably have a 10 hp electric motor the size of a double AA battery that spins 100,000rpm.

Old 29-03-2005, 12:37 AM   #70
neb
hibernating

so whats the next step?

custom exhaust manifold with heat proof steal fans to help extract exhaust gases? :nutsycuck
Old 29-03-2005, 12:45 AM   #71
mont106

Wink

This is funny stuff. hahahahahaha.
I love it. not bad for first day in the forum hay....hehehehehehehe.
what a dramatic entrance...LOL

seriously guys, it'll work with the right setup. all those negative replys here have tried & fail or owns a speed workshop. Just imagine all those customers looking for alternative that does'nt cost a arm & a leg. its not good for business...hehehe.

Last edited by mont106; 29-03-2005 at 01:08 AM.

Old 29-03-2005, 01:25 AM   #72
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

No one that has posted on this thread owns a "speed shop".
Most everyone has spent a LOT of time with cars, has spent a LOT of money on their cars and has seen a LOT of ideas come and go.
Near on everyone has also been on a dyno, been on a 1/4 track and seen a hell of a lot of things done to engines.
A few such as INJECTED250 have built engines from scratch and, athough we have had disagreements in the past as to what products work, pretty much agree on what concepts work.
I'm afraid that you are the only one that thinks this pc case fan in the intake works. That and you apparent "adding to the facts as bit by bit its pulled apart" is not doing your case any good. The science behind it is so full of holes its swiss cheese.
About the only way anyone here is going to sit up and take notice is with back to back dyno runs. Pick one of these, go to it, run the car http://www.dyno.com.au/nearest/tas.htm
Once you have some evidence it has improved then we will listen, until then you are going to get a lot of negatives.

Building an engine that runs hard is not rocket science but it is a science none the less. Your fan concept fails basically every part of that science. There is not a single shred of evidence, apart from your word, that it is working. You cant provide before and after runs on a track or dyno...hell, even a GTech. You claim to run Slick50 in your engine, transmission AND diff... thats not going to work. You claimed your car ran to 110mph over 400, 420, 450 and 500 meters. I'll tell you now it didnt, it would take a stock AU over 1000meters to get there and it would not be a fun ride. I doubt you would even hear it pinging at that speed. Not to mention an engine usually pings most under heavy load meaning the moment you floored it on the run you would hear it pinging its head off... in most cases.
Overall theres not a single thing here that I would consider viable. Nor, I dare say, would any other person reading this.
I've been tolerent up till now but this misinformation is getting out of hand now. This forum is specifically to allow people to learn facts and I see none here. In fact, what I see is the potential for someone to follow your advice and do thousands of dollars damage to their car... and then come back and blame the forums. I will not allow that to happen.

You've had your say, its been a laugh, but until you come back with at least some sort of evidence, I cant see this going much further.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 29-03-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 29-03-2005, 09:47 AM   #73
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've herd some strange shit but this take the cake lol, I agree with casper it's flawd and needs dyno proof or 1/4 mile proof.
Anyway back on to whats this thread was started about, we only talking about mods for I6's?

Neil
Old 29-03-2005, 10:24 AM   #74
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Anyway back on to whats this thread was started about, we only talking about mods for I6's?
Nope. Any mods done to your 8 are discussed too.

Has Fez and XB.

Old 29-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #75
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Im convinced now, obviously all the laws of fluid dynamics are wrong.

/me fumbles for his credit card and the phone to make his purchase of an electrick asscharger as quick as he can.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 29-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #76
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm, your little electric fan makes your car faster than mine. :

Mate get a clue. Take the car to a racetrack or a get a G tech measurement. You cant just guess at 400 metres by measuring visually then say how fast your going.

I really doubt that little fan gave you at LEAST 100 extra rear wheel kilowatts. Thats what it would have taken to get you going that fast over 400m.

Good luck mate, you will need it.
Old 29-03-2005, 05:42 PM   #77
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Mont106, do you read what youve written before you post?
Old 30-03-2005, 12:21 AM   #78
mont106

Ok guys I had my fun with the thread.

No more funny staff. I try and be less technical as I can. You wake up one cool crisp morning, the air is so fresh. you hop in the car to get bread & milk for the wife & kids from the shop down the road, but time is short you gotta get to work. Does the throttle respond better? does it feel fast?

next day, 11:30am. its 29 degree out side. Does it respond like the day before now? I don't think so.

I,ll give you an experiment to test my theory. use a thermometer to measure the ambient temp out side. take a note of reading, now tape the thermometer inside the airbox and go for a short drive. remove it and take note of the reading, is there a drop in temp at all?.

Lets clearify something with electric supercharger. I doesn't produce boost no were near 2psi. All this guys selling the product have forgotten one thing. "air density"

24500rpm cobalt motor and 3" ducted fan. place it in the right place with the right setup. remember the thermometer?, well, well. what do you think the temp was? 24 degrees outside temp. 17 degrees inside the the intake openning.

What does that tell you. what does the MAP {Manifold Absolute Pressure} sensor do? it can only detect pressure differences below atmospheric pressure so absolute boost can confuse the ECU. it runs richer cause the air is dense, cool, cold. full combustion will acur. budda ping bong bang.

The unit acts as a air cooler, it denses the air.

We all know that compressing air will create hot air. I wonder what those turbo intercoolers{heat exchanger} do?
belt driven supercharger also heats air as it pressurize the manifold. but it makes up for it by volume of air.

lowering intake air temperature. the end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DIY EAF_1.jpg (29.0 KB, 131 views)

Old 30-03-2005, 12:52 AM   #79
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont106
Ok guys I had my fun with the thread.

No more funny staff. I try and be less technical as I can. You wake up one cool crisp morning, the air is so fresh. you hop in the car to get bread & milk for the wife & kids from the shop down the road, but time is short you gotta get to work. Does the throttle respond better? does it feel fast?

next day, 11:30am. its 29 degree out side. Does it respond like the day before now? I don't think so.

I,ll give you an experiment to test my theory. use a thermometer to measure the ambient temp out side. take a note of reading, now tape the thermometer inside the airbox and go for a short drive. remove it and take note of the reading, is there a drop in temp at all?.

Lets clearify something with electric supercharger. I doesn't produce boost no were near 2psi. All this guys selling the product have forgotten one thing. "air density"

24500rpm cobalt motor and 3" ducted fan. place it in the right place with the right setup. remember the thermometer?, well, well. what do you think the temp was? 24 degrees outside temp. 17 degrees inside the the intake openning.

What does that tell you. what does the MAP {Manifold Absolute Pressure} sensor do? it can only detect pressure differences below atmospheric pressure so absolute boost can confuse the ECU. it runs richer cause the air is dense, cool, cold. full combustion will acur. budda ping bong bang.

The unit acts as a air cooler, it denses the air.

We all know that compressing air will create hot air. I wonder what those turbo intercoolers{heat exchanger} do?
belt driven supercharger also heats air as it pressurize the manifold. but it makes up for it by volume of air.

lowering intake air temperature. the end
That is either the funniest thing or the saddest thing I hace heard all day. Air Density, and your going to change that with a $2 fan? Um how? Does it polarise the air mollecules?

Now repeat your experiment with and without a plastic muffin fan restricting the airflow and let me know your temperature results. For all the difference they make anyway. That fan is not going to make a blind bit of difference to temperature, density or airflow. Other than for the fan to negatively restrict the airflow, and any motor heat from the fan to be absorbed into the intake air. Its not going to cool anything, humidify or dehumidify anything, its not going to make even a measurable difference on manifold pressures. Next theory!!
Old 30-03-2005, 01:26 AM   #80
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guy is try really hard to prov his point

Neil

03 XR6T lighting strike auto prem sound 19's
383.9rwkw

96 EF series 2 XR8 sedan manual
Old 30-03-2005, 02:17 AM   #81
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

well i can see the theory behind it, its only at MAX pusing 1.5psi, id say mainly benefits in torque because at high revs it could be a slight restriction.
One thing id stongly disagree with is the fact it cools the air. a fan will not cool an engines air by enough/at all as you say to increase power. wasnt the reason in the first place that it produced some "boost", you should have stuck with that reason as it actually sounds half believable.

at the end though i need to see some sorta figures, dyno or 1/4 mile. i will be open to the concept and i think everyone elese would be if there was proof.
Old 30-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #82
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

My ribs are hurting I've been laughing to hard. Get some Dyno sheets to prove your gadget works.
If your in VIC go to herrods are explain to this brilliant product and pay for a before and after dyno. We'll soon see the bullshit stop.

Casper/Minge This is hijacking the topic big time

Old 30-03-2005, 08:35 AM   #83
mont106

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
That is either the funniest thing or the saddest thing I hace heard all day. Air Density, and your going to change that with a $2 fan? Um how? Does it polarise the air mollecules?

Now repeat your experiment with and without a plastic muffin fan restricting the airflow and let me know your temperature results. For all the difference they make anyway. That fan is not going to make a blind bit of difference to temperature, density or airflow. Other than for the fan to negatively restrict the airflow, and any motor heat from the fan to be absorbed into the intake air. Its not going to cool anything, humidify or dehumidify anything, its not going to make even a measurable difference on manifold pressures. Next theory!!
it cost $60 to $80 bucks for the fan. its not a computer fan. its not a fan you can buy from dandy, dick smith, jaycar either.

Old 30-03-2005, 08:42 AM   #84
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylox
Casper/Minge This is hijacking the topic big time
It is but I was to see the conclusion...its like a dodgy soapopera now!

Mont, you need to dyno test this. I agree with Red, regardless of how "powerful" this fan is I do not see it making any sort of difference at all. Once again the "details" have changed. It went from being an electric supercharger (for feeding the manifold air) to a cooling device? Neither of which it can do. movement generates heat....it moves air therefore it generates heat....not to mention the heat soak from the fan.
Once again, the theory loks like swiss cheese. Put it on the dyno.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 30-03-2005, 08:55 AM   #85
mont106

Quote:
Originally Posted by needturbo6
well i can see the theory behind it, its only at MAX pusing 1.5psi, id say mainly benefits in torque because at high revs it could be a slight restriction.
One thing id stongly disagree with is the fact it cools the air. a fan will not cool an engines air by enough/at all as you say to increase power. wasnt the reason in the first place that it produced some "boost", you should have stuck with that reason as it actually sounds half believable.

at the end though i need to see some sorta figures, dyno or 1/4 mile. i will be open to the concept and i think everyone elese would be if there was proof.
Like I say, no more funny Stuff, fooling, horsing around.
your lucky if you get any where near any boost. it doesn't produce KWs up to 100's, you're lucky if near 5 or 10KW
Tell me something, why did they manufactured cold air box? for looks?

check the picture again and see if theres any air restriction to the air inlet.
bloody square heads.
use lateral thinking- think outside the little square you're in.

Old 30-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #86
mont106

Quote:

Like I say, no more funny Stuff, fooling, horsing around. I've pulled enough interest into this thread with the hogus.
your lucky if you get any where near any boost. it doesn't produce KWs up to 100's, you're lucky if near 5 or 10KW

bloody square heads.

Old 30-03-2005, 09:01 AM   #87
EFFalcon
Last warning

ANYTHING between the snorkel & the throttle body, is a restriction.
hence the air filter is considered a restriction.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 30-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #88
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Like I say, no more funny Stuff, fooling, horsing around. I've pulled enough interest into this thread with the hogus.

bloody square heads.
Hogus Indeed!

Now for your questions.

The CAI setups now popular allow MORE AIRFLOW and source the air from the coolest locations possible, rather than through a hot engine bay. Simple enough concept and no batteries required!

Yes checking the picture again and still not sure whether to laugh or cry. Um do I see any air restrictions? Oh looky yes I do there is a plastic PC Cooling Fan taking up at least 30% of the available cross sectional area.

Why did you choose a fan, the same results could have been achieves with, a football sock, some lettuce, or even a section of bubble wrap.

This mystical electrical supercharger,which you have now thankfully told us is not a supercharger at all, wont achieve much of anything. In this instance gas flow or air flow will behave in a similar fashion to fluid or water flow, as we have already established there is bugger all compression.

I have another experiment. Stand on top of a Dam wall near a running slipway and pee into the water flow for 30 seconds and compare that flow rate and volume with another 30 seconds with your zip now refastened. Did you see any measurable change in flow rate or volume. Repeat this experiment several times if you wish, but please not at a drinking water storage. The experiment could also be tried into free are because just like using PC fans it automotive engine intakes it will be indeed "****ing in the wind".

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 30-03-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 30-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #89
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
it doesn't produce KWs up to 100's, you're lucky if near 5 or 10KW
Well there is your 12 second mph haha :eclipsee_ : :
Old 30-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #90
neb
hibernating

Quote:
I have another experiment. Stand on top of a Dam wall near a running slipway and pee into the water flow for 30 seconds and compare that flow rate and volume with another 30 seconds with your zip now refastened. Did you see any measurable change in flow rate or volume. Repeat this experiment several times if you wish, but please not at a drinking water storage. The experiment could also be tried into free are because just like using PC fans it automotive engine intakes it will be indeed "****ing in the wind".
hahaha thats pretty funny! nice one!
Closed Thread