Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default handbrakes WP fiesta

has anyone experience their handbrake being a bit average... when we first got my car the handbrake was rubbish would hardly hold the car... got it adjusted was alot better, but after about 2 months since its adjustment, its gone back again...

it struggles to hold on hills once again which can be a problem considering its manual and i like using the handbrake for them.

if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. thanks

p.s i dont do handbrake turns lol

fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everytime I had my WP handbrake adjusted it'd turn to rubbish again quicksmart, so your not the only one. Dad did a handbrake turn in mine six months after I got it and that was the end of it I think. Maybe someone had fun in your one too?
Old 28-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

possibly... it went to the mechanic a while ago, and had the overall checks.. and the handbrake was adjusted and the rear drums were checked all was good. so possibly not...
Old 27-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

mine is fine 5 clicks and it locks up the back tyres
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariharnett
mine is fine 5 clicks and it locks up the back tyres
Mine takes six on a flat surface... we had it adjusted a while ago, but its just loosened up again. and it will not hold on really steep hills or driveways... but the brake shoes are fine