Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
slogs
Starter Motor

Default Cigarette Lighter removal

Hi

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the cigarette lighter unit from an AU 2 falcon without removing the whole centre console fascia?

Thanks

slogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure you have to remove the centre
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
slogs
Starter Motor

Thanks for your reply there was a post elsewhere which said they had removed the lighter without removing the panel but didnt say how.
Old 14-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had a look and turns out you can. just stich your thumb in it and turn anti-clockwise while pulling on it.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
slogs
Starter Motor

Default How to remove cigarette lighter

As previously suggested I found that you can remove the cigarette lighter by turning the inner anti clockwise and pulling it out, it may require a little juggling to find the right position but it will come out.

The problem with the lighter was the fuse wire on the back which had broken I resoldered it and it now works.

So no need to pull the full centre dash fascia out.
:
Old 15-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

while we're sort of on the topic, how do you get to the bulb that lights up the ciggie lighter?
Old 15-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #7
slogs
Starter Motor

Not absolutely sure with the AU but I had to take out the fascia on my wifes EL but that is a way easier job than the AU to take apart.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #8
Rfordsfun

Default Re: Cigarette Lighter removal

Hi guys, looking to take out the cigarette socket to wire up a toggle for an auto power antenna, besides a dpdt switch, do i need to ad a fuse to stop the antenna DC burning out >?
Rfordsfun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #9
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cig lighter is already fused. Weve had proper auto antennas for 25 years though.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2016, 10:24 PM   #10
Rfordsfun

Cheers, haha Wrecked my AU2 fairghia so putting electric seat n rear windows, power antenna speakers, etc into a AU3 Forte, just plug seat wires into cig socket and it worked just wondering if the polarity could be wrong ? or was I lucky first time, then going to wire a tdpt toggle for antenna so up/down control. Buy a Car that has been neglected, ****, the amount of things i've had to fix and replace. hahaha 1 thing day should keep it steady.
Rfordsfun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #11
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

if you have an aftermarket stereo, just tap the antenna into the amp trigger. i think kenwood and some JVC models have a wire for a power antenna on them.
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

Awaiting Wife Approval Mods:

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #12
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why dont you just swap the whole dash and make use of the factory up down switch (I thought they still had them in AU). Nearly all aftermarket stereos have antenna trigger wire, I dont reallly understand why youd want or need an override. You probably got lucky, Ive never had a high series AU, but I assume its only 2 motors that are powered. I guess if you got it wrong then the motors would work in reverse, ie-push button toward front of the car and the seat would go backwards.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post