Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation How to Remove the back seat

Hey all,

Im trying to remove the back bottom seat and the side lumber support pillars in the rear of my car to fit some seat covers but I can't work out how? :

The side lumber support appear to be bolted on at the bottom only but i need to remove the base first before i can get to where i think it is.

How do i remove the bottom section of the back seat ? (as in the part you bum goes on LOL ) Where are the bolts ? Or does it just lift/click out ?

Cheers
Jeff

Old 25-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAU1
How do i remove the bottom section of the back seat ? (as in the part you bum goes on LOL ) Where are the bolts ? Or does it just lift/click out ?Jeff
The seat is held in place by a U clip which slides into a plastic retainer.

Just slide your fingers under the seat base front, about halfway between the end of the seat and the centre of the seat, and lift.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Yeah, just reef it up.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, got it off.

Once the beat seat was off there was just one bolt to undo for each side support.