Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Des Flurane

Default How Many FPVs?

Sure this must have been asked before but couldn't find the right question for the search engine.
Are there published figures or do you have to rely on the highest number 'fessing up?

Old 23-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

I think 2006 was about 2400 FPV's to HSV's 3300.

2005 I think FPV just edged out HSV
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 12:11 AM   #3
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Each model has its own numbering sequence, so that won't necessarily help. The latest info I have seen from earlier in the year (which was a colour breakdown of GTs only) had 2405 BA Mk1, 1194 BA Mk2, 1038 BF Mk1 & 659 BF Mk2 - this last number will be higher now of course. So at that stage 5300 GTs total, then you have to add the utes & F6 cars. Since BF I understand that F6's have sold at least in equal numbers to GTs.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Des Flurane

Thanks for that.
Never heard of a number over the thousand mark, but I guess they must be plenty out there.
Old 24-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

96 (poss 93) BAII FPV Super pursuits were built. From June 05 until the BF took over.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Also 518 BA2 Typhoons before the BF took over.
Old 25-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
Des Flurane

Those SuperPursuits are going to be the collectors car for the future.
Old 25-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have seen BA GTs with build numbers over 1000.
In the beginning there were only 3 models GT, GT-P & Pursuit. Gradually as new models were added the actual numbers of each dropped as people chose a different permutation that more suited their requirements.
Now we have a choice of GT, GT-P, Pursuit, F6 Typhoon, F6 Tornado, Super Pursuit, Force 6, Force 8, GT 40th, F6 Typhoon R-Spec and soon Cobra.
In that lot there HAS to be something for everyone.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des Flurane
Those SuperPursuits are going to be the collectors car for the future.
I am hoping, going to keep it anyway. Will be my weekend toy end of next year. :evil3:

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #10
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

Total production #'s is something I'm curious to find as well.

I'm trying also to keep track of all the different models FPV puts on the road

and they could be found on their very own registry here: www.SVTregistry.com/FPV

thanks,
--Russ
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #11
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Russ, your method of using model years to categorize the cars is flawed, Australian car models are not delineated by years but the model code changes eg BA, BA MkII, BF etc.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #12
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Apparently 383 BF GT-P's, mine's numbered somewhat less than that.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #13
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
Apparently 383 BF GT-P's, mine's numbered somewhat less than that.
This is something that has always made me question the value of special limited build runs. While ever HSV or FPV number ordinary volumes that reset on a model change they are effectively making continuous limited editions.

I am like you with a BF GT-P which actually makes our cars rarer then a Cobra. Due to the continuing changes in available colours and our cares become rarer again. The difference is obviously that one example actually starts life as a limited build run while the other ends that way by default.

People say these GTs will never be worth that of the 70 era cars. While no one in their right mind would purchase these cars as an investment it is food for thought.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #14
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
This is something that has always made me question the value of special limited build runs. While ever HSV or FPV number ordinary volumes that reset on a model change they are effectively making continuous limited editions.

I am like you with a BF GT-P which actually makes our cars rarer then a Cobra. Due to the continuing changes in available colours and our cares become rarer again. The difference is obviously that one example actually starts life as a limited build run while the other ends that way by default.

People say these GTs will never be worth that of the 70 era cars. While no one in their right mind would purchase these cars as an investment it is food for thought.
Yes , but what does the GTP have as factory standard that no other GTP made has ??

The COBRA on the other hand will have its own numbering sequence ( 1-400 I guess ) + a 302Kw motor + unique striping package with GT Cobra insignia and the combination of the R spec suspension pack. Soa s far as BF's go.....its the ducks guts.............

Although the GT's of now may not be worth a tantalising amount in resale now.....neither were the XA or XB GT's until 5 odd years ago.

The trick is to get a rare colour / option combo regardless of GT or GTP or F6.
Things like factory / dealer fitted sunroofs,premium sound, reverse parking sensors may sound stupid now...........but 20 years from now, who knows ??????????

Either way, it will be a very long time between drinks before we see any of the B series GT's worth more than their purchase price in the 2nd hand market.......unless you own a 40th Anniversary or COBRA model that is.............
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #15
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Either way, it will be a very long time between drinks before we see any of the B series GT's worth more than their purchase price in the 2nd hand market....
Probably when your great, great grandson celebrates his 50th wedding anniversary.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Yes , but what does the GTP have as factory standard that no other GTP made has ??

That’s not the issue. Obviously the way the cobra has been handled is different. Limited editions especially in the performance arena need to be fully addressed as such.

With 6 piston standard and performance seats as standard the appeal just from a numbers side starts to lack. Obviously the cobra has an engine that trumps everything no question.

My comments are purely just about people that look at build numbers purely from an exclusivity point of view. Standard cars potentially can be rarer. Every GT built will end up being 1 of something and come with features that are exclusive to that generation.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #17
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Russ, your method of using model years to categorize the cars is flawed, Australian car models are not delineated by years but the model code changes eg BA, BA MkII, BF etc.
I know.... I've realized that when I saw a BA Mk2 and BF MK1 for 2005 on both the GT and Super Pursuit models.

But I am learning this as I go along.

I would still like to keep the model year going even though they are coded differently (more like production year really) but devise a different plan of listing them on the site.... perhaps like you suggested using BA, BF, etc.

couple of months ago all I knew these cars were called Falcon, now look how much I'm learned, lol

thanks for the help though,
--Russ
Old 14-10-2007, 02:59 AM   #18
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

I've been thinking about this for a while and I must say my method of organizing the registry is not entirely flawed...

while there are BA and BF vehicles for the same year, aren't their production #'s reset every model year? basically 2004 BA MK2 and 2005 BA MK2 have separate build #'s.

Or is that not true?

I'm sure once there's more vehicles on the site and I can see patters I will redesign the set up accordingly. I'm in this for the long run, heh.

--Russ
Old 14-10-2007, 03:27 AM   #19
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
I've been thinking about this for a while and I must say my method of organizing the registry is not entirely flawed...

while there are BA and BF vehicles for the same year, aren't their production #'s reset every model year? basically 2004 BA MK2 and 2005 BA MK2 have separate build #'s.

Or is that not true?

I'm sure once there's more vehicles on the site and I can see patters I will redesign the set up accordingly. I'm in this for the long run, heh.

--Russ
Not true, the build number resets as the model code changes regardless of year. 2003 BA1 and 2004 BA1 will have ongoing numbers no matter the year. New numbers would start from BA2 then again for BF1 etc.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 04:10 AM   #20
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

Smile ah! in that case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Not true, the build number resets as the model code changes regardless of year. 2003 BA1 and 2004 BA1 will have ongoing numbers no matter the year. New numbers would start from BA2 then again for BF1 etc.

I see... well back to the drawing board! lol

Thank you for that clarification!

--Russ
Old 14-10-2007, 04:55 AM   #21
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

by the way... am I correct in assuming the following:

BA MK1: 2003-2004
BA MK2: 2004-2005
BF MK1: 2005-2006
BF MK2: 2006-2007

anybody has any detailed information, I used wikipedia before and they break it down by year like I did initially, does anyone have any idea how many vehicles were made for each range???

thanks,
--Russ
Old 14-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
Des Flurane

Then you have when first registered!
I have a BF1 first reged 2007 January.
Go figure.
Old 14-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #23
GT-E

I should be based on model and build date. Rego date is irrelivant as they can sit in the dealers for a long time.
Old 14-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #24
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Here are the dates of the model runs, taken from the Goauto website. Link
BA MkI - Mar 2003-Oct 2004 (note FPV versions lagged the Sep 2002 introduction of the BA Falcon)
BA MkII - Nov 2004-Oct 2005 (F6 Typhoon & Tornado variants began in May 2005)
BF MkI - Nov 2005-Oct 2006
BF MkII - Oct 2006-probably April or May 2008. (includes introduction of Force6 & Force8)
Old 14-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #25
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Here are the dates of the model runs, taken from the Goauto website. Link
BA MkI - Mar 2003-Oct 2004 (note FPV versions lagged the Sep 2002 introduction of the BA Falcon)
BA MkII - Nov 2004-Oct 2005 (F6 Typhoon & Tornado variants began in May 2005)
BF MkI - Nov 2005-Oct 2006
BF MkII - Oct 2006-probably April or May 2008. (includes introduction of Force6 & Force8)
In actual fact my first F6 was 12/2004 and my current one is 4/2005. My GT-P was 3/2003.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #26
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

So what you guys are basically saying that Aussies don't necessarily care for keeping track of time...

go figure, is that where the expression "No worries mate" comes from?

I'm still waiting on three more people to clarify if they have a BA or BF, and Mk1 or Mk2, and then I'll re-arrange things.

I would like to create a separate copy of the model registry versus year registry, have you guys take a look if its all correct or not, and if it works I'll delete the year version.

thanks for all your help!

--Russ
Old 15-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #27
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

It's more a fact Australia doesn't have a big enough market to support a new model every year, so we have models designated by a name/code that may last several years.

(Ford Oz, doesn't sell 500,000 cars a year)

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #28
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

yea but you guys have all the cool cars.

I've redesigned the FPV section on the site...

And I realized that I miss-spelled the links on the left column, so I'll have to fix it first thing tomorrow....

Other than that, what do you guys think?

I'm thinking the left side is a little crowded, so I will take out the year's alltogether and just show an option to see the actual production year of the vehicle on the model specific page.

thanks for all your help!

--Russ
Old 15-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #29
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
In actual fact my first F6 was 12/2004 and my current one is 4/2005. My GT-P was 3/2003.
You are right flappist (of course!) the F6 was first launched in Nov 2004. The May 2005 date stems from the "relaunch" after the clutch issues were resolved. According to this article at the time, only 80 Typhoons had been delivered to customers prior to production being halted - obviously dealer demonstrators would be additional to these, so still less than 200 2004-build cars as a rough figure.

Production year figures are still a useful thing as it provides a comparison of the rate at which the cars were built/sold - eg the BA MkI and BF MkII will have longer runs than the models in between.

Apart from resources for constant updates, I think the model cycle is also linked to buying habits. Most car leases would be on a 3-5 year term and many private buyers would have similar timeframes. So in 3-4 years you would have 2 model changes and a notable change in the car, giving an added incentive to upgrade. Ironically FPV is probably the worst example of this, apart from the gearboxes and minor cosmetic and equipment changes the current cars are little different from the now 4.5 year old original cars!
Old 16-10-2007, 05:00 AM   #30
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

good thing for the Orion... huh?

--Russ ;)