Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #31
prasac
Banned

Default Re: Sunday Street Meet 7/7/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
May have another crack at next months test n tune.

You going out tonight Paulie?
yeah mate, just messaged Pete with the TT XB Coupe he is keen to have another crack, he had a slow leak on the front on Sunday it's all fixed. we noticed after the 2nd pass it was down to 25psi, was on 45psi before the pass. would explain why it ran 10.5 instead of 10.25 like the first pass, the car is usually very consistent.

my brother's ex best mate is going out also testing his 302W Cortina trying to crack some low 10's, so i would like to see that also.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
rednose
RNS10S

Cool, see ya there
rednose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #33
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
They may need a bit more time but so far they feel the same as the Invos, tomorrow will be the real test.

I may just to go back to e-flex as the united tune just blazes the tyres in 3rd and that's with the e-boost off (400rwkw).

May still try the R888's if these don't get better.
Get the TOYO RA1's if you can find them, better than R888's for drags.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
prasac
Banned

M/T Sportsman SR, after someone mentioned them in a thread here, i had been looking into them as i thought we might need them for the Snowy Mountains 1000m Sprint, have heard good reports, i popped in to a mate's workshop the other day, he has a set on his TT LS VL they are very soft, i reckon they would hook like crazy, but, i doubt too many road km's, definitely more than ET Street but less than NT05R
Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #35
rednose
RNS10S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378 View Post
Get the TOYO RA1's if you can find them, better than R888's for drags.
Not available in 19's, currently using Hankook Ventus RS3 in a 275/35/19 but so far the Invos are just as good.

Will get R888's once they are back in stock.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #36
rednose
RNS10S

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac View Post
M/T Sportsman SR, after someone mentioned them in a thread here, i had been looking into them as i thought we might need them for the Snowy Mountains 1000m Sprint, have heard good reports, i popped in to a mate's workshop the other day, he has a set on his TT LS VL they are very soft, i reckon they would hook like crazy, but, i doubt too many road km's, definitely more than ET Street but less than NT05R
Looks like they don't make a 19 also.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #37
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Looks like they don't make a 19 also.
yeah, just had a look as well. doesn't matter, Toyo's are good, we ran the Capri on a set of Toyo Proxes great tyre, the R888's would crap over them.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #38
prasac
Banned

just talking to mate with XB Coupe, the front tyres were breaking the bead, he runs a M/T Sportsman 8-ply front runner, the car is very front heavy (1900kg total) so anyone running those with a heavy car maybe check pressures every so often. he has done about 20-30 passes on those tyres all up. he only uses them for racing and not street driving.