Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2018, 01:12 AM   #31
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thinking of buying 2011 X5 tt v8

BMW N63:
"In December 2014, BMW North America released a voluntary recall ("Customer Care Package") relating to issues with timing chain stretch, fuel injectors, mass air flow sensors, crankcase vent lines, battery, engine vacuum pump, low pressure fuel sensor and revising the oil service interval."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N63

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-10-2018, 06:56 AM   #32
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
BMW N63:
"In December 2014, BMW North America released a voluntary recall ("Customer Care Package") relating to issues with timing chain stretch, fuel injectors, mass air flow sensors, crankcase vent lines, battery, engine vacuum pump, low pressure fuel sensor and revising the oil service interval."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N63

Cheers,
That couldn't be , euro cars are perfect and anyone who says different is just a jaded falcon fan
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 AM   #33
Danny
GT4.

Yeah cheers for that mate. If you read MY post, you’ll find that despite the fact that I was referring to the diesel, I was speaking in general terms about X5’s and not specifically the engine. Dynamically they are excellent regardless of motor choice but they all do not age gracefully. It doesn’t matter which engine you buy, the vehicle around it is the same.

Looks like my qualified answer has been somewhat corroborated with the wiki page above.. There’s the answer. Don’t buy one.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yeah cheers for that mate. If you read MY post, you’ll find that despite the fact that I was referring to the diesel, I was speaking in general terms about X5’s and not specifically the engine. Dynamically they are excellent regardless of motor choice but they all do not age gracefully. It doesn’t matter which engine you buy, the vehicle around it is the same.

Looks like my qualified answer has been somewhat corroborated with the wiki page above.. There’s the answer. Don’t buy one.
Nice backflip
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #35
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Nice backflip
Lulz I expressly stated in my FIRST post that the X5’s DON’T seem to age gracefully and to leave it to the two bob millionaires...

Nice try tho
Old 08-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Lulz I expressly stated in my FIRST post that the X5’s DON’T seem to age gracefully and to leave it to the two bob millionaires...

Nice try tho
Was that right after the bit where you said most of what people said about BMW's was rubbish from jaded Falcon owners?

Nice contradiction numbnuts
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #37
Danny
GT4.

phht.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car