Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #91
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I wondered why they blew off 1/2 track.. obviously secondrate gear. Admittedly though no one hit me or the car during the day so they "just" managed. Must have been because I used 3 instead of 1.

"By the combined power of three.... I am Captain Triangle!"
I hope you stopped in the traffic flow and walked back to pick them up.

"the man that crashs AFF"
Old 15-02-2006, 11:05 AM   #92
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Casper, Casper Casper -

YOU have been converted (humour I know) by the worlds SECOND-BEST triangle design, sourced into our national Standards from North America, a standard built suited to the then US maximum speed limit 55MPH (88km/h).

The units you show are made compliant to Australian Standard 3790 but when compared to the Ford UN/ECE Standard product, are frankly "rubbish", I'd like to say the manure word squire, but....

Your units, despite being sand filled, *will* blow over or more likely out of alignment, I know this from years of crash attendance, in fact I detest them but will use them as an absolute last resort;

The inner daytime triangle performance is second rate to the UN/ECE version sold by Ford;

The reflex reflectors are a tragic joke (11-12lux and small diameter-width!) when compared to UN/ECE 27 Regulation in Transport type (13-14lux WIDE);

Some are so easily pleased:-)

The only triangles worse than the set of three you show are those tin based, very lightweight $3.00 joys from Supercheap, more crap that poor women buy thinking 'their safe' for doing so.

IF you want the worse UN/ECE R27 compliant triangle I can find, to compare to the AS3790 items you show, goto ANY autoparts store and order supplier "Pro-Kit" Item RG9212 ($20 - 23), this item EASILY outperforms what you show in your pic, the Pro-kit item is actually quite good for the budget seekers.

The Ford item, even better, with much higher wind bufetting resistance too, a vital parameter!

The UN/ECE units 'are accepted' under AS3790, it just that they easily better that Standard.....
Ye gods.

OK, been quiet for awhile. Ive had the occasional joke. But seriously. Sit down, and question the meaning and direction of your life. Arguing over the quality of safety triangles, is like debating the merits of one time machine over another. Its... for lack of a better word... ИИИИИing Insane!

One triangle outperforming another? How do you judge this? Do you throw them and judge accuracy or distance? What kind of lifeless moron actually even bothers to test them against each other? Do you collect Barcodes as well? I swear! If you had a personality, you would be out in the street playing with it!

Ive never witnessed a more lifeless droning automoton of the pointless. You are the human version of infotainment, minus the relevant information, and minus the freaking entertainment.

Do you and your footsoldiers of the safety triangle at the Pedestrian Council truely think you are saving lives by peddling these reflective road refuse? Let alone judge which shiney obstacle is superior to the other?

I tell you what, if I have a road accident, ill do the most attention grabbing thing I can do to make sure others are aware of my predicament. Ill set the effing car on fire! Ill dance around it naked and wear a triangle around my neck!

For crying out loud, take your 3 pointed shrine to shiney, the god of dazzling brilliance, and bugger off back to whence thou came!

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 15-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #93
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Ye gods.

OK, been quiet for awhile. Ive had the occasional joke. But seriously. Sit down, and question the meaning and direction of your life. Arguing over the quality of safety triangles, is like debating the merits of one time machine over another. Its... for lack of a better word... ИИИИИing Insane!

Whoaaa - It is not I with an issue here SB, again, it is one part of many fields in this subject matter that I slave in, the subject matter here I have merely kept on topic, hell, I could have gone astray and spoken about hamburgers for the relevance that would have - if you follow? . . . .

One triangle outperforming another?

Perfomance parameters . . . some simply perform better (read 'safer') than others is what I'm saying, I want folk, if they are going to buy one - to buy the 'best', that is all sheesh..

How do you judge this? Do you throw them and judge accuracy or distance?

Err, no...

What kind of lifeless moron actually even bothers to test them against each other?

Well SB - someone who wants to rid the market of units that are soo BAD they put the scene and persons on and attending it at risk. We need to be able to rely on the product, that product must be constructed to the highest standard in the world available today, surely.

Do you collect Barcodes as well?
I'll guarantee you not!

I swear! If you had a personality, you would be out in the street playing with it!
Bahh!

Ive never witnessed a more lifeless droning automoton of the pointless. You are the human version of infotainment, minus the relevant information, and minus the freaking entertainment.
More bah - look above, I've given the 'information':-)

Do you and your footsoldiers of the safety triangle at the Pedestrian Council truely think you are saving lives by peddling these reflective road refuse? Let alone judge which shiney obstacle is superior to the other?

I am NOT with the Pedestrian mob, I 'like' bullbars and the right to them!!!

I tell you what, if I have a road accident, ill do the most attention grabbing thing I can do to make sure others are aware of my predicament. Ill set the effing car on fire! Ill dance around it naked and wear a triangle around my neck!

Look, make you a better offer, switch on yer hazards, set the car on fire if you wish, place the triangle and wear a safety vest instead whilst dancing madly with a fire extinguisher, deal??

For crying out loud, take your 3 pointed shrine to shiney, the god of dazzling brilliance, and bugger off back to whence thou came!
Back to the restaurant then. . . .
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 15-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #94
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Back to the restaurant then. . . .
Have a few drinks but don't drive home.

"the man that crashs AFF"
Old 15-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #95
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Going once, going twice... I'm over the whole thing... thread closed.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread