Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default Titanium on order

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd share my excitement with you - I have a Panther Black Mondeo Titanium on order, arriving to replace the XR6 Turbo in about 3 weeks!

I'm counting down the days. It's only a petrol 2.3 because TDCi models are hard to come by before Christmas when I need my replacement car. Can't wait!

Finally back in a Euro Ford!

Old 28-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Oh dear...

Do the Titaniums have Xexons or just projectors?? not a bad car, bit underpowered to what your use to!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Adaptive (cornering) projectors. Only the XR5 gets xenons. Can't get an XR5 and would prefer a TDCi but there aren't many around.

I'll take the utterly exhaustive list of standard features quite happily mate!
Old 29-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Old 29-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Excellent. Pity about the wait time.
Did they give you any idea of why the TDCi had such a long wait?
You're right about the standard features, they are pretty good now.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #6
RicOz

Wow sounds like they are running out of stock on the Titaniums pretty quick now? The panther black looks very good with the grill and the exhaust area. Just keep it clean however! Did you get Euro plates?
Old 29-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
wusyc

Congratulations!!! I am sure that you will have fun with your upcoming Titanium.

I love mine. I don't drive it enough.

Yes, TDCi Titanium is difficult to get. I was blessed to get one and was during the time when Ford gave two more years of factory warranty in September.
Old 29-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Thanks guys, the TDCi is pretty popular and as I get a company car, I couldn't get a Diesel in 3 weeks so I ended up taking a petrol which doesn't bother me, it'll be far more economical than my Turbo anyway. Need it before Christmas you see...

I'll make sure I take lots of pics! Standard Vic plates though, we don't get a choice.

I'm not exactly feeling hard done by though... I'll just order a TDCi in advance for my next car!!!!!
Old 29-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Standard Vic plates though, we don't get a choice.
I only have standard VIC plates too. I think that it looks fine on the Mondeo Titanium. Of course, Euro plates look best but I can't justify the money for it. For the Titanium, standard VIC plates are good - the slim ones will be a bit odd in my opinion as the slim plates will be too small for the front grille plate area.
Old 29-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Obviously somewhat lacking in power compared to a FG XR6, but a much more refined and comfortable car to drive.
Old 29-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yeah not too fussed to be honest. Power isn't everything, I've driven them and they're very refined and nice and relaxing to drive, but still a really good handler for the backroads. Perfect in my books. Although more perfect perhaps with a TDCi Or even the 2.5 turbo.

The XR6 Turbo was an indulgence that I just wanted, spent a little more instead of getting a non-Turbo. But I've had my fun and I don't need 270kw. Been an incredibly awesome car, great fuel economy for the performance and fantastic on highways, but just a bit cramped for my liking in terms of seating and driving position.