Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 05-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
XR23IL

Default Brembo rebuilds

Hi just wondering do you guys do rebuilds on brembo brakes including painting? As I have a set of 4/4 brembo son off a BA in need of a birthday. Cheers Stuart
Old 10-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: Brembo rebuilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR23IL View Post
Hi just wondering do you guys do rebuilds on brembo brakes including painting? As I have a set of 4/4 brembo son off a BA in need of a birthday. Cheers Stuart
We have the seals and boots needed but generally we don't paint them sorry generally because we have to send them away and the cost becomes to great as i do not have the time to do them in house.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
GTBenny
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Brembos on my previous FG Turbo had flaking paint. What I ended up to doing was I removed the calipers, taped up with inner piston surface with heavy duty fabric tape and then carefully grit blasted the old paint off. I didn't remove the paint on the inner caliper surface around the pistons as it was ok and can't be seen anyway. Then had them etch primed and repainted. Topped off with some brembo stickers from ebay and they came up really well. Considering my issue was only cosmetic I decided to work around having to remove and replace the pistons and seals.

Benny.
GT 335 MKII, ZF6, Tein coilovers, YT snout, 61mm pulley, KPM 1500HP fuel system, 1000cc injectors, E85, KPM exhaust, BMC air filter, KPM Streetfighter intercooler, built tail shaft, Truetrac, 479rwkw - 950nm.
GTBenny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I did similar when I painted mine - they were red, and they're now orange on the face and ends, and red at the back (where you can't see). I used VHT caliper paint and heatproof brembo stickers from ebay (I was very skeptical, but they're still stuck after around 10,000km of some gentle, and some hard, braking)
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #5
XR23IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED View Post
We have the seals and boots needed but generally we don't paint them sorry generally because we have to send them away and the cost becomes to great as i do not have the time to do them in house.
How much r we talking for seals and boots for a 4/4 set up off a BA GTP?
Old 14-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR23IL View Post
How much r we talking for seals and boots for a 4/4 set up off a BA GTP?
Seals or Boots about $18 each unless i buy in bulk i can do a little cheaper

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #7
XR23IL

Cheers mate