Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 01-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #1
bunnikins
Bit Blonde

Default Ford Laser GL 93

Hey! I'm new here.

So I've had my Laser a while. I'm a chick and don't know all that much about it, but I do know I want to modify it to make it look better. And I've been googling for a while now, trying to find what I want. Half the problem is I'm not that sure, so google doesn't like that.

I'm gonna go right ahead and sound really stupid, but basically I want new headlights, the loweredness, that front thing, rear spoiler and nice wheels. A basic "make me look like a sports car" make over.

Where would I go about finding those and someone to do it for me? Also, how much do you reckon it would set me back?

Sorry for sounding so dumb, not the best of days for me to be thinking.

bunnikins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
BlackLS

Gday Bunnikins, firstly don't put yourself down because your a chick.

Adam from AWC (site sponsor at the top) have a cheap "mild" bodykits for you.
Heres to start you:
http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/ca....php?cat_id=73

And more wild: http://www.jetspeed.com.au/catalog/p...products_id=43
and
http://www.jetspeed.com.au/catalog/p...products_id=45

Those you can order from the respective websites.

King Springs have King Lows which are mildly lower springs for the KF/KH laser, (KFFL-50 and KFRL-51 for the front and rear part numbers). These are around 2 cm lower than normal. There is also Superlow springs avalaible, not sure on the part numbers, but there around 4 to 5cm lower than normal

You can order these through most major auto parts stores (Supercheap, Repco, autobarn etc)

Headlights, you can't do much about except order from Ford parts (the lens is turning yellow yes?), for the tail lights you can tint them like in the first link I posted. In Supercheap auto there is a spray can called "Nightshades". Just follow the instructions. Remember not to go over the top, because too black can be illegal.

For alloys, check out wheel manufacturers websites, as well as:
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/index.asp
http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/page.php?load=home

If you put a post in tyre technical section, ask where to get wheels cheap in Perth.

As for the performance side of things, you can fit a Mazda turbo engine in there for a few thousand.

And whatever you do don't fit one of these exhausts
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
VippiN
What a performer!

Can't get more choice than http://www.lasermods.com.au/

You'll find however that you'll save yourself money selling your car and buying one with a kit already.

Hell, buy a KF TX3. It already looks a lot more sporty than a GL and has double the power of one.
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
dan x ford mech
Starter Motor

good cheap mods are easy send me yr email an i send u some pics of mine an my missus kh gls my emai lis danielther12racer@hotmail.com
good looking cheap mod is get clear indicators for starters but emai lme an i help ya
dan x ford mech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
bunnikins
Bit Blonde

Sorry I haven't replied, I don't have the internet at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VippiN
Hell, buy a KF TX3. It already looks a lot more sporty than a GL and has double the power of one.
Just out of curiousity, what's the difference between a KF and a GL? Or whatever else. On one of the websites from above it's got all this stuff for KH and KF... will that fit a GL? Or is it completely different? Sorry, I wouldn't have a clue.

And it looks like I'm not going to be getting anything done for a little while now. I just had my radiator fixed about a month ago and the other night it was stolen! Someone nicked of with my radistor which everyone has said is rather strange. Apart from the fact that Lasers are so common. I see them now and think 'I wonder if they have my radiator...'

Thanks for your help though boys.
bunnikins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post