Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
fnm17

Default I hate tool transport

Not only does "tool" transport sponsor one of my most hated V8 supercar drivers, but they manage to always stuff up anything that is sent through them and now they have topped it off by not delivering my new falcon today !!! Domino's is more consistent then they will ever be ! :

Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
james22
With da Warlords

You just want to hope that when your falcon does arrive, that its not damaged like another members car was in a thread 9months or a year back. They havn't exactly got the best reputation :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
Old 10-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I thought it might have been something small they damaged but they havnt delivered your car, thats abit different
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
You just want to hope that when your falcon does arrive, that its not damaged like another members car was in a thread 9months or a year back. They havn't exactly got the best reputation :
That's true i remember this .. but that was because they hold the right to sub-contract out you're work to another company ... i would personally never use them
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Bit of a broad unfair statement considering there are so many different divisions of Toll.

How do you even know that it is their fault and not Ford?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Today is not over. The car could still show up today. I would get on the blower and find out how far away it is.

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Old 10-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Toll deliver inexcess of 35000t of raw materials for me, and I find them 99% of the time to be highly professional and offer a good service, more often than not - under extreme pressure from me to deliver ahead of schedule.

They then out load over 50000t of finished product out of the same mill.

So I think your comments are a little unfair.

It's very easy for Ford / FPV whomever just to use the freight company as an excuse for late delivery.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

There are always pitfalls in transport. Many variables. Breakdown, accident (road blocked delay), clerical error etc. This is not just a Toll thing, can happen to any carrier. The company I drive for has been swallowed by Toll, so I reserve my opion on how they operate for now. But I don't expect to see much change apart from who signs the cheques.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
fnm17

Well I know it is tolls fault, because I rang them direct, it is a back log of deliveries. I haven't even mentioned when they had sent urgent material I required all around the state before it landed where I wanted it, which has happened a few times ....
Old 10-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Bit of a broad unfair statement considering there are so many different divisions of Toll.

How do you even know that it is their fault and not Ford?
Exactly.....

Toll are no different to any other transport company, they're all at the mercy of thousands of other factors beyond the driver and truck.
If the car rolled off the back of the truck you could blame Toll... (which in any event its covered by insurance anyway).
But a backlog could be caused by Ford swamping them with cars, or unforeseen staff absenteeism or breakdowns, etc...

Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
fnm17

Well some where in their systems a failure has happened, but last time I checked, our telecommunications network is still working, so surely they could of communicated a delay, something that I would do for my clients if I was expecting a delay.

I can keep wafting on, but nothing will change that I still do not have the new Ford to play with, while my other counterparts glout about the delivery of their bommadores :(
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnm17
Well some where in their systems a failure has happened, but last time I checked, our telecommunications network is still working, so surely they could of communicated a delay, something that I would do for my clients if I was expecting a delay.

I can keep wafting on, but nothing will change that I still do not have the new Ford to play with, while my other counterparts glout about the delivery of their bommadores :(
Can i ask why you're interrogating your dealers transport company? I'm surprised they spoke to you at all seeing you're not their customer.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how many hours late is ? go have a cry you big sook delivering cars nationwide is hard enough without babies like you crying my car is an hour late FFS

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 10-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #14
fnm17

Whom said an hour late ?????? try next week now !!!!!! I can have a cry if I want to, my opinions .... a free world and all that stuff.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Gee, with my experiences with Toll they have been very quick, effecient and reliable.

Oo\===/oO
Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #16
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

So you'd prefer that the driver pushes himself to get there on time and doesn't get any sleep. Drivers are people, not robots.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

5, 4, 3, ...... :evil3:
Old 10-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #18
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

At least you'll appreciate it that much more when you do get it.
Throwing a tanty won't get it to you any faster.

Man, you must have been really annoying on Christmas morning...

"Can I open it now? Can I, can I, can I?"
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 10-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #19
fnm17

Obvisouly we have some truckies on here thinking I am flaming them, toll is supposedly a logistics company, they earn their living doing this, what ever was wrong should of been managed better. Ford told me about the delay on delivery upfront and gave me a date ... no dramas, come to the day of delivery, no heads up from toll about late delivery ...
Old 10-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #20
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Obvisouly we have some truckies on here thinking I am flaming them, toll is supposedly a logistics company, they earn their living doing this, what ever was wrong should of been managed better. Ford told me about the delay on delivery upfront and gave me a date ... no dramas, come to the day of delivery, no heads up from toll about late delivery ...
Ever heard the phrase "No-one's perfect"? Get over it man.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #21
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
IMO Your dealer shouldnt have even mentioned TOLL.. the issue is between Ford/TOLL and the Dealer, your dealer should have handled this situation without involving you with Toll....

"im sorry sir, there's been a delay.. here's a loaner.. bla bla... "

Its poor form by the dealer to even bring Toll into the discussion (if that's what's happened).. and possibly made worse by you taking it upon yourself to hassle Fords supplier Toll...

Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #22
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

There is always the possibilty of damage, and subsequent cover up repair. It's happened before, to me.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #23
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Who here has said they're a driver, I'm certainly not one.

But seriously mate I'm worried about you, if you go on like this over something so small then how in the world do you handle a real stressful situation or incident.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #24
fnm17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
But seriously mate I'm worried about you, if you go on like this over something so small then how in the world do you handle a real stressful situation or incident.
Yeah I just go crazy, like a disgruntal postal worker :

I can be excited (and let down) to get a new car, come to think about it .... I have been since there was FG leaked pics !
Old 10-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Toll isn't that bad and for a freight company to achieve 100% on time delivery, 100% of the time. Is like trying to run a race team without crashing. It happens and as stated above, should be dealt with by the dealer.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #26
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I understand your impatience mate its a new car and your bound to be excited. But if your car being a week late is the worst thing that happens to you this day/week/month, then your arent going to bad are you.
If your car turned up on the otherside of the country then you would have a right to be unhappy.
Remember god things come to those that wait.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 10-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #27
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll add my two cents and have a whinge. I deal with toll 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year on a business basis. I lodge a complaint on average twice monthly. These are complaints directly related to Toll, not other confounding factors. I'm a reasonable guy, but sometimes if somebody screws me around, and makes me look bad (eg stock not recieved when expected and copping abuse through no fault of my own etc) then I'll react. Obviously human error plays a part in all of this. I have had packages delivered to all corners of Australia when they have been clearly marked and addressed otherwise on numerous occasions. Also, when there is a problem and they may be arriving a little late, communication is poor at best. The latest complaint was when it fogged at the airport, and they were running late on afternoon deliveries. So in order to get back on schedule, they just skipped our delivery, and better still, didn't inform us of this, at least until we phoned asking questions. I'm sure they're not all bad, but I don't have the best relationship with them
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #28
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FFS get a life it will get there and for the record i'm not a truckie either . i used to work in sales at a sydney ford dealer and i know that till the car is off the truck you can't give an definate date so blame the dealer if you want to be a sook
Quote:
Whom said an hour late ?????? try next week now !!!!!! I can have a cry if I want to, my opinions .... a free world and all that stuff.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 10-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #29
fnm17

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
..... so blame the dealer if you want to be a sook
Ahhhh ...... nope
Old 10-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #30
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Blame Sourbastard

Hes the one wearing muscle t shirts, sipping decaf latte's and locking away his riffle collection
Closed Thread