Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #91
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving Test..... too harsh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post

I promise i wont crack up laughing at your daughters misfortune though, karma works in mysterious ways..

wasnt everyone trying to flatten you on that little scooter of yours? i'll have to assume you probably deserved that going by your logic ya tripper
falcon_bandit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #92
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
wasnt everyone trying to flatten you on that little scooter of yours? i'll have to assume you probably deserved that going by your logic ya tripper
Yes they were, so i bought a little car which someone thought was hilarious and now..

I hope your Daughter is ok, having been through that exact experience with mine i know how it shakes you up.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #93
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yes they were, so i bought a little car which someone thought was hilarious and now..

Well they say laughter is the best medicine...

Why dont you take your Picanto GT, and do a few laps around your local hospital & shrink a few tumors
falcon_bandit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:27 PM   #94
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Well they say laughter is the best medicine...

Why dont you take your Picanto GT, and do a few laps around your local hospital & shrink a few tumors
Great idea!!
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #95
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
Many of the old RMS test centres had a stop sign at the boundary of the car park, which a lot of people didn't notice. They'd cross the footpath and then stop, rather than stopping before the footpath, and again before entering the road. Failed their test before it even began.
The one at Campbelltown was like this.
I noticed just in time.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #96
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
The one at Campbelltown was like this.
I noticed just in time.
The old RTA when it was at North Ryde also had a stop sign as you exited the carpark.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #97
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Rosie , a fellow workmate was telling me one day about her son Craig's failure of his first driving test . He was going well , done well in the written test and then his examiner asked him to make a turn . It was a place where the turn couldn't be made . Craig hesitated and said to her that he thought it was illegal.

She apparently said "Are you sure about that " . She failed him for two things . First thing was he was too cautious and not decisive enough before suggesting that the requested turn was wrong and secondly for not checking his mirrors enough . He had to re do the test a few weeks later and got it then .

This was probably five years ago now .

Driving examiners have to be tough , fair enough, but there's no need to play mind games with the candidate most of whom are toey enough already .

It's cruel IMO ..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #98
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have heard rumours some instructors would get out of the car and say they wanted to watch the reverse parallel park from the outside, then fail the student for driving without a supervising driver.
Pretty pathetic
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #99
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Doesnt matter how good young people think they can drive, their ego is always ahead of their abilities. I can tell you its not a very pleasant thing to have your daughter ring you literally 5min after leaving the house, crying hysterically over the phone
Glad she’s ok. A few years back about 30 minutes after my adult son left Goulburn to drive back to Canberra I received a similar call, although that was”dad, I’ve been in a crash and I think I’ve killed someone” I overtook the police rescue truck and arrived at the scene before them. Son was ok and it turned out he was on cruise control in the right lane and was nearly past a triton dual cab when they accelerated and changed lanes. Their right rear clipped his front left and put them on 2 wheels and when they hit the wire ropes they barrel rolled. Front seat passenger killed, another airlifted. Turned out driver and 4 passengers were returning from the drivers hens night in Sydney. Cops didn’t get a statement at the scene and didn’t interview until weeks later. Other driver charged and nearly 12 months later they were found guilty of dangerous driving causing death. My son was praised as his comments at the scene and interview and court were all the same. I paid for a lawyer for him who provided advice and attended the police interview, which was money well spent.

Things can change in an instant on the road. Be safe and realise how quick things can go wrong.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #100
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Unfortunately some of the testers will look for a significant amount of head movement in order to establish a check of the intersection but as most of us know we can use our peripheral vision quite successfully for this. Probably just a hard luck story.
Exactly

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:02 AM   #101
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
The old RTA when it was at North Ryde also had a stop sign as you exited the carpark.
Are you refering to the rta that was in ryde on the corner of blaxland road? Thats where i did my test, my dad did his there too way back when. Theres a few hills around there and you have to watch your speed coasting. Or atleast i had to back in February 04. The stress test was the 3 point turn in a laneway. I had to make a starfish 7 point turn because my car couldnt do it in 3 points being a sedan, but i didnt sweat it. Turns out that was the test.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #102
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Yes, Passed my test there as well. Growing up in Carlingford, Blaxland Rd RTA was what we referred to as Top Ryde where the speed camera was / is.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:20 PM   #103
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yes, Passed my test there as well. Growing up in Carlingford, Blaxland Rd RTA was what we referred to as Top Ryde where the speed camera was / is.
I also grew up in carlingford. Went to carlo high school too. Its a small world.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #104
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I also grew up in carlingford. Went to carlo high school too. Its a small world.
Yes me too.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #105
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yes me too.
Were you ever a user of the burnout hill in the student carpark?
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #106
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Only on my bicycle, I lived in Alamein Ave, so walked, was 15 9 month when I left in 78 and went straight into the apprenticeship.
Spent most of my time sitting at the cnr of Pennant Hills Rd and North Rocks Rd drawing / watching trucks as a kid.

Noticed on the new last night a big fatal accident on PHRd was quite common on the bend at Alamein junction when I was growing up.

Sorry off topic.

Last edited by roKWiz; 09-11-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 27-12-2018, 10:01 PM   #107
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Personally I think it's the local government that is to blame, what type of town has intersections on sealed roads without signs!?
It could be like Queanbeyan NSW which has more signs than people
Old 10-01-2019, 06:43 AM   #108
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
she was too busy looking left for traffic, just never seen the car on the right. Tow guy said he knew exactly what intersection it was when he got the call out. The right side has cars coming down a steep hill around a bend, & they usually gain a bit of speed. You find yourself looking right 50times cause they come up on you pretty quickly

i told her its better to have a pile of cars behind you beeping their horns for a couple minutes, than rather play frogger with traffic
I’m glad no one was hurt, I’m also NOT going to raise any of the issues that were tabled 12+ months ago,

I agree with your comment that it’s better to have a ****er honking their horn behind her because she’s cautious than to rush an intersection and have an accident

Let’s hope she’s taken the lucky lesson from this little indiscretion and has many accident free years of driving ahead of her?

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: