Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #91
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Support your paramedics

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT View Post
They only privatise areas the public let them.
Don't think so, you think the public in all the states wanted their utilities privatised, it was rammed down our necks regardless.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #92
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
you also know something isn't right with the system when employees are threatened with losing their job if they speak out in more mainstream media about the conditions. that can't be good for morale.
Thats the same in any job, if you start trying to air dirty laundry than you'll get "performance managed" out the door or start getting bullied until you leave.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #93
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Yes, a thread mine.

I was on the fence regarding the pay situation a few years back, and seeing the VIC ambulances with all their notices posted on the windows. Over the last couple of years I have slowly changed my tune and have supported the pay rise request. Then late last year, actually needing to call an ambulance for a family member.

I have been watching the TV series 'Ambulance Australia' on CH10, and 'Paramedics' on CH9 lately. This is a great insight to what these guys go through and deal with. I have to say, I am happy that they got their pay rise (in VIC at least). The paramedics in VIC (and around Australia) deserve to be on a higher than average wage. It takes a special person, and they deserve a lot of praise for what they do.

I seriously cannot fathom the hate some people have for our paramedics. Even to the point of paramedics being bashed for trying to help someone in need!!?? Truly unbelievable.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #94
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I just lost my job in a locum service where I was the telephonist. Job made redundant.

There is a lot of pressure on the industry at the moment.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #95
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Just on the TV series, I wonder if the selected few paramedics on both the VIC and NSW based series are paid for appearing? Or is it a case of volunteering to be filmed?

Also, I saw one episode where the VIC based crew were stopped at a set of lights and a driver was trying to get the attention of the ambo driver (tooting horn). The ambo driver wound down the window, and the other driver said something like 'it's ok to bash people like you. I'd do it myself' or something similar. I was thinking, the TV footage had clear video of the driver, his car and number plate, if there are laws in VIC whereby the abusive person could be charged? I think there are laws for verbal abuse towards Police(?) so why not the paramedics too?
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2018, 09:12 PM   #96
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dunno why people do what they do.

When I was younger we had a paramedic in our martial arts class

Said that he needed to as people are abusive towards them and he had been attached himself

Sent from Samsung S7 Edge [Oreo]
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2018, 10:11 PM   #97
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Doddy View Post
Just on the TV series, I wonder if the selected few paramedics on both the VIC and NSW based series are paid for appearing? Or is it a case of volunteering to be filmed?
i know one of the paramedics on the nsw based show, they are not paid for it, they had to apply then were selected after an interview and review process, except maybe one of the blokes who was the commissioners son
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post