Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #1141
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
depends on the meat and sauce you choose. But yes it can work out worse than a double quarter pounder if you choose badly

Chicken fillet w/bacon, cheese, lettuce, onion, carrot, cucumber, hot chilli sauce, salt and pepper on Italian herbs bread.

Mine isn’t the healthiest option available haha

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #1142
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Considering what kind of bike riding you do Hal, I think you can be excused.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #1143
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
when i started serious training about 2 years a go i cut out all take away, now i can not stand the sight or smell of maccas KFC etc. I can however stomach subway- but thats about it.
I'm like you, I can't stand the stuff, I don't understand why people would put it into their bodies. Most of the stuff from those places doesn't even remotely resemble what it is supposed to be, it makes me skin crawl. People are shocked when I tell them I haven't eaten Maccas for over 8 years and KFC for over 10 I have enough of a weight problem without that garbage floating around in my system.
Old 20-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #1144
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I have a kfc and maccas right near my work, and every evening as I drive past them on the way home I cant help but breathe it in. I love the smell! Hahaha
Old 20-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #1145
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, a bit of a weird question for you guys... Anyone experienced a hernia before? The reason i ask is, my bro is going for ultrasounds tomorrow, and i've had abdominal pain for the past 2 days. My bro more then likely has one, but i don't know if i do..

I can feel a slight 'gap' or deviation in my ab muscles, just to the left of my belly button... the pain isn't bad, more a discomfort. Sort of feels like i've done a really intense ab work out.. not sure if it's a 'gap' or not though, as i've never really had to feel my abs before!

I have an appointment for the doc tomorrow, but i'm not sure if i should be worried or if it'll just heal itself... I guess i'll know more tomorrow, sort of freaking out though.

I didn't notice anything abnormal after my last training session on saturday. Did shoulders, nothing too heavy. Heaviest was shrugs at 150kgs. Lateral raises were only 14kg dumbells, machine shoulder press was about 80kgs, and dumbell shoulder press at 30kg each arm.

Monday i started feeling pain in my abdominal region... not sure if maybe i strained something? Funny enough, after a few beers this arvo, i don't feel so much pain.. will see how it goes tomorrow morning..

Think i'll take a week or so off training altogether and see what happens. See what the doc says too... I wouldn't usually go to the doc so soon, but being christmas and the fact i'm going away at new years, i want to get it sorted!

Anyone been in this situation before?
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #1146
Poetic Justice

I follow the rule, if it hurts for more than 2 weeks maybe its a problem :P
Old 20-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #1147
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i've got an umbilical hernia in that same spot, had it for years
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 02:38 AM   #1148
EF ECTIV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find if I work hard enough at the gym everyday (30mins cardio, 1 hour weights) five to six times a week I can eat or drink whatever I like.... Giving
up the booze for me is not happening at all; not an option.... So that's what
I do to compensate... plus play sport at least once a week.....

1998 EL XR8 S2, Oxford, Manual, tickford kit
Project

2013 G6ET

Stock daily

2022 Patrol TiL
Stock daily
EF ECTIV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #1149
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i've got an umbilical hernia in that same spot, had it for years
Does it cause you any problems? Has it got any worse? I'm not sure if it is a hernia or not, i may have just strained it some how?

Will yours get painful and then go away by itself without any treatment?

It doesn't feel as if the discomfort is there today, i've done a few movements and stuff and it feels just about right. Mind you, sitting down, i can feel a very dull type of ache, only very minor though. If i didn't know any better, i'd say i just felt like i was constipated!

Crunching my abs doesn't hurt anymore, or at least not as much as yesterday... Not sure if i should bother going to the doc or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
I follow the rule, if it hurts for more than 2 weeks maybe its a problem :P
I'm usually much the same mate, only reason i wanted to see a doc sooner was because of christmas, and then i'm going away for a week over new years...

part of me doesn't want to see a doc, because if he says i have a hernia it'll ruin my holidays anyway, ignorance is bliss haha
Old 21-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #1150
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF ECTIV
I find if I work hard enough at the gym everyday (30mins cardio, 1 hour weights) five to six times a week I can eat or drink whatever I like.... Giving
up the booze for me is not happening at all; not an option.... So that's what
I do to compensate... plus play sport at least once a week.....

You do one hour of weights a day?....I thought that less is more when training with weights as you need to let your muscles rest. Been told to train certain muscle groups with at least a days break in between . Not sure if thats true but what I've been told.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #1151
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
You do one hour of weights a day?....I thought that less is more when training with weights as you need to let your muscles rest. Been told to train certain muscle groups with at least a days break in between . Not sure if thats true but what I've been told.
Doing too much weights without adequate rest will slow down muscle growth. Ideally, i try and have a day between sessions, but sometimes it's not possible. But if i have to train 3 or 4 days in a row, then i know that i'll get 4 or so days rest with no training due to being at work for 4 or so 12hr shifts...
Old 21-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #1152
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04
Does it cause you any problems? Has it got any worse? I'm not sure if it is a hernia or not, i may have just strained it some how?

Will yours get painful and then go away by itself without any treatment?

It doesn't feel as if the discomfort is there today, i've done a few movements and stuff and it feels just about right. Mind you, sitting down, i can feel a very dull type of ache, only very minor though. If i didn't know any better, i'd say i just felt like i was constipated!

Crunching my abs doesn't hurt anymore, or at least not as much as yesterday... Not sure if i should bother going to the doc or not...

I'm usually much the same mate, only reason i wanted to see a doc sooner was because of christmas, and then i'm going away for a week over new years...

part of me doesn't want to see a doc, because if he says i have a hernia it'll ruin my holidays anyway, ignorance is bliss haha
the pain comes and goes, gets worse if i've worked my abs a bit, so you'd want to see someone about that if you're working that area out. My doc just felt it on an exam about 6 years ago, and that was it lol.
Old 21-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #1153
Poetic Justice

I couldn't do weights 5 days a week, lol!

I had a weights session on Monday night and I'm still pretty sore from it, and I'm back again with my trainer tomorrow morning!!
Old 21-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #1154
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
I couldn't do weights 5 days a week, lol!

I had a weights session on Monday night and I'm still pretty sore from it, and I'm back again with my trainer tomorrow morning!!
you'll get used to it :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #1155
Poetic Justice

Yeah, I know. I've been there done it all before. It's just adjusting to new trainers ways of doing it. Damn I was buggered by the end of the last session.
Old 21-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #1156
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the pain comes and goes, gets worse if i've worked my abs a bit, so you'd want to see someone about that if you're working that area out. My doc just felt it on an exam about 6 years ago, and that was it lol.
ok cool, thanks for the info.. was planning on cancelling my doc appointment this arvo, but might just go and see what he says. It really just feels as though i've done an abs session, but i haven't... I do recall a few weeks back getting a big cramp in the abs when doing tricep pushdowns on the cables.. Other then that i haven't done much with abs..

best case scenario it's just a strain and he doesn't pick up on anything abnormal, and i waste my $70.. I just hate going to the doc for minor stuff, feels like i'm wasting their time!
Old 21-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #1157
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

When it comes to check ups, its better to be safe than sorry Jimmy. It's never a waste of money to see a doctor regardless of the outcome. Do it for your own peace of mind.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 21-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #1158
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

My quads are absolutely hammering at the moment.

Gave some window maker squats a go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzeFGf1_ljc

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #1159
EF ECTIV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
yep try to go every week day, and sat morning unless Im too hung over...
Or if Ive got a bball game on a week night I wont go....

different muscle groups different days.... helps balance it all out I find.... but
by sat morning I'm struggling a bit...

1998 EL XR8 S2, Oxford, Manual, tickford kit
Project

2013 G6ET

Stock daily

2022 Patrol TiL
Stock daily
EF ECTIV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #1160
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
When it comes to check ups, its better to be safe than sorry Jimmy. It's never a waste of money to see a doctor regardless of the outcome. Do it for your own peace of mind.
Yeah that's true, turns out it was more then likely a pinched nerve. At least he's given me the all clear to start training again. If i hadn't of gone to the doc, i would have taken at least 2 weeks off as a precaution even though the pain has gone.
Old 22-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #1161
thedutchman92

No more than 3 sets of everything, low reps (no more than 10) with heavy weights and a minute's rest between sets, so realistically you are getting as much lifting time as resting time. I do weights every second day alternating between arms and frame workouts. Best exercises I've come across are the compound ones like; Military Press, Upright Rows, Deadlifts and Palms-in Bench Press.
thedutchman92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #1162
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Yeah that's true, turns out it was more then likely a pinched nerve. At least he's given me the all clear to start training again. If i hadn't of gone to the doc, i would have taken at least 2 weeks off as a precaution even though the pain has gone.
That's a relief mate. Good to hear it's nothing major.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 22-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #1163
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
That's a relief mate. Good to hear it's nothing major.
cheers mate, i think i was a bit paranoid as my bro currently has a hernia (will be confirmed tomorrow, but more then likely it is)... So i was freaking out that i had one too haha...
Old 22-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #1164
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
cheers mate, i think i was a bit paranoid as my bro currently has a hernia (will be confirmed tomorrow, but more then likely it is)... So i was freaking out that i had one too haha...
they're not that bad, just don't over-do it
Old 22-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #1165
blueoval
Critical Thinker

My dad, had a few hernias in his time. They sort themselves out but it means no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for some time.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 30-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #1166
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

had a bit of a struggle over christmas but went at it harder while eating a little bit of crap.. still got NYE to eat my way through but down to 86.7 now. 2.7KG from the goal.

worst time of the year to be dieting lol
Old 02-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #1167
belvo

does anyone one on hear use meal replacement shacks. And is it possible to replace smoko/morning tee with a meal replacement shack.
belvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #1168
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvo
does anyone one on hear use meal replacement shacks. And is it possible to replace smoko/morning tee with a meal replacement shack.
do you mean shakes? if so i have a cousin using them and they replace breakfast and lunch, not the snacks in between if you have them.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #1169
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone doing weights tried this? because i struggle with time to do cardio working FT and at uni PT, im thinking of giving this a go. USP labs have been pretty reliable i think with their products. Any opinions?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdi...daysprune=&f=2

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #1170
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

so i thought id post again. after christmas i put 1kg on cant belive it was not more. but it was the first year i can remember saying 'its cool i dont want anymore' could even walk to bed at the end of the night which is a change.

so my plan was to be down to 125 by next wednesday the 11th. so hoped onto the scales and bam 125.7 1 week early so im pretty happy right now.

hope to be 120 by the 27th when im of to ladyboy land for 10 days. should be easy. maybe even 118
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post