Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #991
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Hey lads,

Thought I would catch up on this thread, and contribute my current situation, goals and issues.

39 years of age, and have slowly put on the weight over the years to get to a range of 95 - 96kgs. Probably the biggest that I have ever been. I'm a short-a55, so not a good look.

My mum passed away in June, with complications to diabetes, cholesterol and heart disease / failure. I had my regular blood test in July with my GP and I got "that" talk. Fatty deposits on the liver, cholesterol up and my weight gain over the years. So I had to take action.

I have a pretty full on, stressful desk / exec job, so I do long hours and have a lot of stress. I really enjoyed bike riding years ago anf thought that I would get back on the old mountain bike. My first outing, well I thought that I was going to die. Probably only managed 1 km. That was just over 4 weeks ago.

Now, I'm trying to increase my cycling every week. Going from 5km rides, I am now doing 24km rides and that is just in about 3.5 weeks of riding. I have changed my diet too. Oats / Porridge in the morning, salad with protein (egg or tuna) for lunch, fruit, lots of water and I snack on nuts or rice crackers. Dinners are usually fish or chicken (just 1 piece) and lots of veges or salad. All I have after dinner is a coffee, or maybe a couple spoons of low fat yoghurt if I'm really craving something sweet.

Now in the first few weeks, the weight fell off. Problem is that I can't seem to break past the 90.5kg mark. No matter how well I eat, and how much exercise I do (have now started doing box-fit sessions 1 per week) I can't get past this weight. I just "hover". It goes 90.5, 91.0, 91.2, 90.8, 91.4 etc etc.

I know that the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. But what am I doing wrong? One guy at work mentioned that I'm not losing weight as such because I am now building up muscle in my legs, as they are getting fairly hard.

Any suggestions?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #992
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
It's a matter of mixing thing's up, when I was doing the 5x5 set's I was staying on a certain weight for each set, I was progresing upward's but it wasn't untill I did the 4 week's of 5x5 and then in the next 4 week period which is where I am at now that I changed to uping the weight 2.5kg every set, and doing 4 x 3 with a higher weight then 5 x 5.
I have found that this work's great for me, it might not for other's but for me it is fantastic, as I have never ever been able to bench 107.5 kg for 3 rep's, I was amazed, and my Squat's are at 112.5kg x 3, once again never been there before.
It's all a matter of mixing up your routine every 4 odd week's so you don't hit the plateau.

I bet you find doing barbell row's harder then seated row's don't you ?
I also bet you find that you whole body feel's it durring the lift ?

It's a good way to show that compound exercises like that work your whole body and central nervous system, where as a cable exercises (Isolation) will never do that.
I also bet you could seated row alot more then you could barbell row, as you could bench on a machine alot more then traditonal bench, and Squat less then leg press, why is that so you may ask?.
Well once again the machine is doing the work for you and you are not training your body and nervous system to work. that is why you also need to focus on your form and technique foremost before upping the weight, and then once you have that down pat, the weight's will raise and you will get alot stronger and bigger, (aslong as you are eating more then you expell) if you want to get bigger.

Im still just taking it easy on barbell rows untill i get more used to it and get a feel for proper form so to speak, but yes alot less than the machines i used to use or even the dumbell rows.

Bench i have never really used the machines and squats V legpress... hahahaha im almost at 50%
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #993
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
try wider grip. I used to get that but since going wider im just as strong and i dont get it,
The lift doesn't worry me nor hurt, I just noticed when I 1'st got this bar that it does that as it's been re-kurled for strong grip, with any lift it has to be comfortable, I lift at a shoulder width, so when I lift the bar my leg's start by doing the lift, then lock out the knees as well as locking the hip's at the same time and straightening the back so that when finished my arm's are at my side's comfortable.
I have some duct tape wrapped around the centre aswell.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #994
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Hey lads,

Thought I would catch up on this thread, and contribute my current situation, goals and issues.

39 years of age, and have slowly put on the weight over the years to get to a range of 95 - 96kgs. Probably the biggest that I have ever been. I'm a short-a55, so not a good look.

My mum passed away in June, with complications to diabetes, cholesterol and heart disease / failure. I had my regular blood test in July with my GP and I got "that" talk. Fatty deposits on the liver, cholesterol up and my weight gain over the years. So I had to take action.

I have a pretty full on, stressful desk / exec job, so I do long hours and have a lot of stress. I really enjoyed bike riding years ago anf thought that I would get back on the old mountain bike. My first outing, well I thought that I was going to die. Probably only managed 1 km. That was just over 4 weeks ago.

Now, I'm trying to increase my cycling every week. Going from 5km rides, I am now doing 24km rides and that is just in about 3.5 weeks of riding. I have changed my diet too. Oats / Porridge in the morning, salad with protein (egg or tuna) for lunch, fruit, lots of water and I snack on nuts or rice crackers. Dinners are usually fish or chicken (just 1 piece) and lots of veges or salad. All I have after dinner is a coffee, or maybe a couple spoons of low fat yoghurt if I'm really craving something sweet.

Now in the first few weeks, the weight fell off. Problem is that I can't seem to break past the 90.5kg mark. No matter how well I eat, and how much exercise I do (have now started doing box-fit sessions 1 per week) I can't get past this weight. I just "hover". It goes 90.5, 91.0, 91.2, 90.8, 91.4 etc etc.

I know that the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. But what am I doing wrong? One guy at work mentioned that I'm not losing weight as such because I am now building up muscle in my legs, as they are getting fairly hard.

Any suggestions?
If that's what you are really eating then that's fine, that is a very staple and good diet, the only thing I can reconmend is energy in v's expenditure, in other word's what you consume throughout the day is more then you expend in exercise.
It is very hard for some people espically those with an office job, but in reality just doing the bike ride's etc is not enough, sure they are good for loosing some weight but if you want to go that little bit thurther you need to get that heart rate flying, instead of bike riding, try this, skipping.
Get a skipping rope and skip untill you get used to it and then do interval's, this will work you so hard you won't know what hit you and it's not time consumming as bike riding, skip at a slow easy pace for 30 sec's then blast it up and skip hard for 10-15 sec's, then back down again, do this over and over.

It doesn't have to be skipping either, it could be short explosive burst's or running or the bike.

But the biggest problem people fall into is they get on a treadmill or any exercise machine and think just because they are sweating or have done xxx amount of klm's they will loose weight, it doesn't work like that.

Try the explosive interval training, I will guarentee you will die from that.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #995
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If that's what you are really eating then that's fine, that is a very staple and good diet, the only thing I can reconmend is energy in v's expenditure, in other word's what you consume throughout the day is more then you expend in exercise.
It is very hard for some people espically those with an office job, but in reality just doing the bike ride's etc is not enough, sure they are good for loosing some weight but if you want to go that little bit thurther you need to get that heart rate flying, instead of bike riding, try this, skipping.
Get a skipping rope and skip untill you get used to it and then do interval's, this will work you so hard you won't know what hit you and it's not time consumming as bike riding, skip at a slow easy pace for 30 sec's then blast it up and skip hard for 10-15 sec's, then back down again, do this over and over.

It doesn't have to be skipping either, it could be short explosive burst's or running or the bike.

But the biggest problem people fall into is they get on a treadmill or any exercise machine and think just because they are sweating or have done xxx amount of klm's they will loose weight, it doesn't work like that.

Try the explosive interval training, I will guarentee you will die from that.

Interval training is great....I find that rather than doing a 30 minute leisurely jog, if i do say a 4 min jog then a 1 min sprint and repeat that 5 or 6 times that gets the heard pumping .
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #996
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

double post
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #997
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Watched a bloke this morning at the gym do deadlifts. Back fully arched, shoulders forward, lifting way too much! My back was hurting just looking at him…

Said something…’This is how my trainer showed me, mate.’

Righto then. Enjoy having a crook back.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #998
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
No worries mate,
But just remember, do not fall into the trap that you need to take any type of supplement, even Protein powder, well atleast in excessive amount's.
It is all a scam, you do not need extra Protien, all those that think otherwise can do so, I don't care, but in reality they are the people that fall into the trap and do Isolation exercise's aswell and so many different types of exercise's for each body part and then are told you need X amount of protein for body weight, (which there is a little truth in that) but you can easily get your adequete protien amount throughout the day by eating the right food's, but hey if they want to spend hundred's of dollar's to only go down the drain, then so be it.

But myself and my mate's that trained me are living proof that you don't need supplement's, I was a measly 69kg a few yr's back, I peaked at 106kg, and now I am down at 95kg, the fellow that trained me has won numerous National drug free titles and peaked when he finished competiting, he was trained by a respected strength trainer aswell, these are guy's that have been in the game for many yr's and know alot and what has worked for me is all because of them, all my compound exercises have increased, all you need to do is EAT.

Just make it fun, get in and get out, enjoy what you do and the result's will come.
Loved reading this mate!! I am novice been doing weights and cardio for a few months now. I weigh 85kg and am 26. When I started I struggled with 30-40kg bench. Now do 40kgx10, 50kgx10 and 60kgx10 among alot of other exercise. Can now do dips unassisted also. Have a lot of mates who go to the same gym (although they go in the arve - I go early before work). They all take bulk energy boosters, proteins and stuff. They are alot more serious then me going 5+times a week min. I only go 3-4max. They are stronger but not by much, and when they don't use the energy drink before they really struggle. I think it is crap using all that stuff also. As I progress I'd like to keep up with them or pass them without the protein to show them you don't need it. I'm also do alot of cardio and normally ride to the gym then to work then home. Might start watching this one as always trying to learn new exercises and stuff.
Old 27-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #999
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Watched a bloke this morning at the gym do deadlifts. Back fully arched, shoulders forward, lifting way too much! My back was hurting just looking at him…

Said something…’This is how my trainer showed me, mate.’

Righto then. Enjoy having a crook back.
Usually people learn through making their own mistakes. He will then think back to what you said and will probably feel like a douche.

You don't even have to be using the wrong technique to hurt yourself. I lost concentration earlier this year doing incline dumbbell press (40kg dumbbells) and tore a tendon in my right shoulder. I heard the the snap crackle pop and thought ouch this is going to hurt. Took me 6 weeks to get back into any form of bench pressing.
Old 27-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #1000
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
Loved reading this mate!! I am novice been doing weights and cardio for a few months now. I weigh 85kg and am 26. When I started I struggled with 30-40kg bench. Now do 40kgx10, 50kgx10 and 60kgx10 among alot of other exercise. Can now do dips unassisted also. Have a lot of mates who go to the same gym (although they go in the arve - I go early before work). They all take bulk energy boosters, proteins and stuff. They are alot more serious then me going 5+times a week min. I only go 3-4max. They are stronger but not by much, and when they don't use the energy drink before they really struggle. I think it is crap using all that stuff also. As I progress I'd like to keep up with them or pass them without the protein to show them you don't need it. I'm also do alot of cardio and normally ride to the gym then to work then home. Might start watching this one as always trying to learn new exercises and stuff.
A lot of the above depends on your diet.
You don't need to take Protein suplements if you have enough protein in your diet.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #1001
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I take protein shakes to supplement my protein intake. It just makes it easier to manage then making meals etc. It's especially advantageous immediately post work out.

For example, a whey protein isolate first thing in the morning is an easy 150calories. If you struggle to put on bulk, a good protein/carb mix can give you 300-400cal in one drink, then you still eat your brekky.

I dropped over 20kgs between February and late March. Done it by riding my push bike or exercise bike. I basically ate normal stuff, but really watched my portion sizes. EG: instead of having seconds, or having the 350g steak, i'll take the 150-200g option and a few more veggies.

I went from 111kg to 90kgs. When it got too cold to ride, i started doing weights (haven't trained in years). Since June, i've put on about 5kgs, but my gut continues to shrink.. Gotta love that!

As it gets warmer, i'll get back on the bike to shred the last of the fat.

Whilst interval training works wonders, and getting the heart rate up is ideal, i prefer the low intensity exercises. I'll ride 20kms a few times a week, watch my diet and continue in the gym and i'll shred the fat quickly.
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #1002
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
Theres a few routines that focus on the 5x5 using the 5 core exersises.

being:
Bench Press
Dead Lifts
Squats
Rows
Shoulder Press

Squats every session, and the other's interchange each session.
Can someone quickly explain each of these and what they are. I know plenty of exercises but not what they are called.
Old 27-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #1003
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Can someone quickly explain each of these and what they are. I know plenty of exercises but not what they are called.
Mate google is your friend! Youtube for form check videos.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #1004
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bench press - Basically laying on your back, using a barbell to lower the weight to your chest and push back up

Deads - Using a barbell with the weights on the ground, you use the strength in your legs to lift the weight from the ground to about waist height.

Squats - barbell on your shoulders and you squat and rise again (basically)

rows - Either close grip, or over/under hand you basically do a rowing motion to work the back muscles

shoulder press - Either machine, or using barbell/dumbell, you lift weights above your head...

Very quick and broad... If you google each of the exercises, you can see a small video clip of how they are performed correctly
Old 27-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #1005
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you really want build strength fast, start lifting lower reps and heavier weights. Just make sure you keep doing what you're doing for a few more months to allow your muscles/tendons and everything else get used to it.

But when you feel you're ready, i'd be lifting heavier. If you can do 10 reps at 60kgs on your 3rd set, i'll nearly bet that you're ready to start lifting 70-80kgs and doing slightly less reps. This will build strength very quickly. Make sure you use a spotter though.

Depending on your goals, don't discount protein and supps altogether. Some of the stimulant supps can give a good boost in energy/performance for that extra hard training session. A good quality whey protein is ideal straight after a work out. This won't break the bank balance, as you only have 1 shake per day.

Personally, i take protein shakes in the morning (as this is when your body is most depleted), and then again post workout to help replenish.

Also, don't stress if you can only make the gym 3 or so times per week. I usually only train each body part once per week, sometimes i'll do a part twice a week, and the next week another part will get trained twice. Most of your gains are whilst you're sleeping and resting. Going too much will have a negative effect on your gains.

If your aim is muscle growth, then cardio isn't ideal.
Old 27-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #1006
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey lads,

Any suggestions?
Good on ya mate!

As you said, you will now be getting to a stage where you are building muscle which is heavier than fat. So try not to get hung up on the scales. Have a look at your body measurements and watch how your legs tone up, flab disappears rather than worrying about your actual weight.
Old 27-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #1007
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04
If you really want build strength fast, start lifting lower reps and heavier weights. Just make sure you keep doing what you're doing for a few more months to allow your muscles/tendons and everything else get used to it.

But when you feel you're ready, i'd be lifting heavier. If you can do 10 reps at 60kgs on your 3rd set, i'll nearly bet that you're ready to start lifting 70-80kgs and doing slightly less reps. This will build strength very quickly. Make sure you use a spotter though.

Depending on your goals, don't discount protein and supps altogether. Some of the stimulant supps can give a good boost in energy/performance for that extra hard training session. A good quality whey protein is ideal straight after a work out. This won't break the bank balance, as you only have 1 shake per day.

Personally, i take protein shakes in the morning (as this is when your body is most depleted), and then again post workout to help replenish.

Also, don't stress if you can only make the gym 3 or so times per week. I usually only train each body part once per week, sometimes i'll do a part twice a week, and the next week another part will get trained twice. Most of your gains are whilst you're sleeping and resting. Going too much will have a negative effect on your gains.

If your aim is muscle growth, then cardio isn't ideal.
Cheers mate, I also want to get fitter and loose any excess fat around the waist. See how I go, wife feeds me pretty good.
Old 27-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #1008
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cheers mate, I also want to get fitter and loose any excess fat around the waist. See how I go, wife feeds me pretty good.
i know the feeling mate... wife feeds me well, mum feeds me well, and i have a very hard time in saying no to good food, and beer!

I really had to give it my best to cut my portion sizes. Unfortunately, if it's on the plate, i'll eat it... had to tell the wife to give me half of everything i used to eat, and hide the left overs
Old 27-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #1009
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Im a sucker for food, i don't smoke and rarely drink but have a sweet tooth thats hard to keep at bay on the weekends.

Lollies & Donuts are the difference between the 96kg i am and the 92-3kg i could be hahaha.
Old 27-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #1010
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like i mentioned b4 i was a super Heavyweight with 2 national titles in powerlifting.
Remember this kids ,steroids are great and i won't hear a bad word spoken about them.
I don't use them anymore but if you do and want some advise PM me.
Cheers HTH.
Badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #1011
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcooky
Like i mentioned b4 i was a super Heavyweight with 2 national titles in powerlifting.
Remember this kids ,steroids are great and i won't hear a bad word spoken about them.
I don't use them anymore but if you do and want some advise PM me.
Cheers HTH.
If only they were legal, or my doctor was willing to give me a script for an illness

Roids have a pretty bad reputation, and for the most part it's undeserved.
Old 28-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #1012
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
If only they were legal, or my doctor was willing to give me a script for an illness

Roids have a pretty bad reputation, and for the most part it's undeserved.
I don't see the point in roids. If I can't lift it naturally then I won't bother.
Old 28-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #1013
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordACE
I don't see the point in roids. If I can't lift it naturally then I won't bother.
It's not really how much you can lift, more so the gains you can achieve in muscle growth, and how quickly those gains occur!!
Old 28-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #1014
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally id like to see an Olympics open to roid users.. Let's see how fast a man can really cover 100m without having to hide his drug use
Old 28-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #1015
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's not really how much you can lift, more so the gains you can achieve in muscle growth, and how quickly those gains occur!!
... and how quickly you'll lose those gains when you stop using.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #1016
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Is it just me, or do we need a Body-building thread here? I thought that this thread was about weight loss? .... just saying ......
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #1017
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
... and how quickly you'll lose those gains when you stop using.
Not necessarily. It'll take some time to lose the gains, if you keep training hard you'll keep the gains for quite some time, you won't automatically shrink within a month or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
Personally id like to see an Olympics open to roid users.. Let's see how fast a man can really cover 100m without having to hide his drug use
Me too! I'd love to see a roids olympic... Not just the 100m, but all events! Would be interesting to see by how much if at all some of the records get broken.
Old 28-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #1018
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Is it just me, or do we need a Body-building thread here? I thought that this thread was about weight loss? .... just saying ......
Fair call mate, but weight training has a direct impact on weight loss. More so then a lot of people think... Weight loss is all too often defined by how many kilos are lost on the scales, and not by how much body fat is lost... I'll use the trusty old BMI as an indicator for obesity, what a joke that thing is.
Old 29-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #1019
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:

If a Moderator can be bothered seperating it and making a new thread, i'd be all for it.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #1020
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just completed the Rebel Sport run 4 fun 10km fun run today.

Did it in under 1hr 9min which I am absolutely stoked about (obviously I understand its not earth shattering pace to say the least) but I only just got myself to running 5km earlier this week so im very happy.