Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-08-2022, 08:26 PM   #1
mickyj

Default 2012 focus

ecu p0606 pcm fault Anyone had this problem with a 2012 Ford Focus
RAA has told me it must be towed I’m waiting for a call tomorrow morning from Maughan Thiem who service the car if they won’t fix it will call a transmission company
Screen says auto transmission needs to be serviced
mickyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2022, 09:14 PM   #2
mickyj

Default Re: 2012 focus

We are freaking out this focus was my dads car he’s passed away . It has played up on and off has done under 60’000 . Last time was told the computer was playing up saying petrol tank was empty with 3/4,full tank was the battery was flat
Now this issue
Old 17-08-2022, 10:15 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

This will be a TCM issue... you need part number AE8Z7Z369F. They are usually around $700, can help get one a bit cheaper if need be. Holler out if you need help. You will need someone to fit and program...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2022, 03:42 AM   #4
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
This will be a TCM issue... you need part number AE8Z7Z369F. They are usually around $700, can help get one a bit cheaper if need be. Holler out if you need help. You will need someone to fit and program...
Thanks I will need someone to look at it but I’ll keep you in mind thank you
Old 18-08-2022, 10:47 AM   #5
mickyj

Ok Maughan Theim will look at it won’t be ready until September 12 call auto transmission company 2012 focus only ford has parts . Tow truck coming I get 10 kms free lucky me thanks RAA . So I also mentioned the reversing noise they installed when car was new not working
Hopefully they fix it
Old 18-08-2022, 10:54 AM   #6
mickyj

Now this focus was my dads car before he went into aged care and passed away late last year . I swear this car has been trouble from when we got it last year it was saying empty fuel when the tank was full tried to actually work . That turned out to be the battery I am wondering if all this is connected . The reversal beeping noise ford didn’t want to touch 2 years ago . Could all of this be connected to the computer system ��*♂️
Old 18-08-2022, 11:06 AM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

You would need to see if there are any low battery voltage codes also as that would be a clue to the battery being on its way out.

Care to share the VIN of the car?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2022, 11:15 AM   #8
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
You would need to see if there are any low battery voltage codes also as that would be a clue to the battery being on its way out.

Care to share the VIN of the car?
The battery was changed in summer it’s fine just seems to be the on board computer . The ford dealer sold the car to dad he was a ford man . They have done all these services it hasn’t done 60’000 kms yet it’s 10 years old
Ford seem more interested in me changing its tyres they got me first time not since then .
But I’ll see what they say no person to work on it until September 12 .
Old 18-08-2022, 11:17 AM   #9
mickyj

Sorry I am waiting on a tow truck
Old 18-08-2022, 11:46 AM   #10
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

still could be battery related as most computer connected things on cars use different voltages to send information. If the battery is faulty or tired the computer reads the information wrongly.
marg99 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2022, 01:33 PM   #11
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
still could be battery related as most computer connected things on cars use different voltages to send information. If the battery is faulty or tired the computer reads the information wrongly.
RAA replaced the battery with the exact same make model ect .
Saying that tow truck had taken focus to Maughan Theim ford who are saying they will not repair it look at it until September 12. Tow cost me nothing 10 kms free tow. I’ve asked over the phone for a loan car they will get back to me .

If it’s the battery they should replace it I hope . Computer played up before the battery was changed in summertime so who knows
Old 18-08-2022, 09:25 PM   #12
mickyj

As a side note on this one my eldest said dad do you realise every tine you’ve needed to get anything done on this focus when you say 2012 no one wants to deal with it ,
Today auto transmission work shop go figure
Old 19-08-2022, 10:22 AM   #13
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bad reputations easily earned but hard to change.
marg99 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2022, 12:29 PM   #14
mickyj

Ok had an appointment at 9 am . When I got back called up dealer no one’s looked at it yet until September 12 asked about a loan car September 14. I emailed them the RAA report from the night before . Explained last years incident of fuel computer saying empty new battery fixed it . I explained the reversing thing that beeps they installed it from new . And I also asked is a computer thing rather than the transmission which they’d recalled and replaced . Time will tell I guess
Old 19-08-2022, 12:31 PM   #15
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
bad reputations easily earned but hard to change.
Not wrong
Todays guy said parts might need to be ordered in yesterday’s transmission place said only ford has the parts go figure
Old 21-08-2022, 09:37 AM   #16
mickyj

Thinking more about what the ford service person as trying to tell me he started on the transmission was recalled . I said yep you guys replaced it oh ok . And having to email the RAA report which said exactly what I told him . Liked his speech we can’t look at the focus until September 12 car was towed in unsafe to drive . Me ok my family asked me to get a loan car ummm no we are fully booked for services and loan cars are totally booked up . So I’m travelling by foot until September12 when you fix the focus . No sir we will look at your car September12 it may take longer waiting on parts . Ok I repeated I will need a loan car sorry sir best we can do is September 14 but you will have fixed it by then no sir ok I’ll take the loan car September 14.
Funny really ford are the only ones with the parts and they may not have the parts
Old 26-08-2022, 08:13 PM   #17
mickyj

I’ll post when I actually know anything about the car . Until it’s fixed trans replaced computer system sorted or whatever is wrong with my car . I’m on shanks pony and public transport unless they get a free loan car
Old 10-09-2022, 01:08 PM   #18
mickyj

Ok I will pick the focus up on Monday . They checked the battery said it was low voltage charged it up fine now a battery the RAA changed 3 months ago . Checked call the codes fine . I asked about the reversing beeper thing they installed new got told $600 to look at it first time I asked . Seems it now works a switch in the boot was switched off
So all you great guys who said battery were correct .
Old 12-09-2022, 07:03 PM   #19
mickyj

Ok collected the focus this morning. Ford still claim it was the battery they never changed it but charged it left aside for a week fully charged told me to get the RAA to test the battery . Seeing it’s about 3 months old who knows . Now they checked everything forgotten what they called all the names and numbers everything was fine . The reversing beeper never worked for me it was fitted brand new to the focus when my parents bought the car brand new from ford . So I asked the first time I got the car serviced $600 to fix not a ford part asked them and it works now someone had turned the switch in the boot to off . So they checked that and every other thing and say it was the battery .
Drove it around went to our local woollies that has a step car park ramp normally the car struggles up chugs up not today straight up no chugging
Old 13-09-2022, 02:42 PM   #20
mickyj

Ok went for longish drive today . I’m in Adelaide so from Richmond to Glenelg north to west lakes . No issues nothing coming up from the computer. Best this car has ever driven since I got it from dad when he went in to care . Stuffed if I know what the dealer did
Old 13-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #21
mickyj

This is from the paperwork they have given me
ob# 1
09FO1041
ELECTRICAL - BODY
C/S: CHECK AND REPORT ON REVERSE SENSORS IN OP
Carried out code check, no codes logged.
Network test carried out for module - inoperable - rear sensors not pulsing.
Checked wiring diagram as required and test - OK
Found switch in boot switched off.
Switched on and test - OK
<<< Total For Jo
b#2
09FO1040
ELECTRICAL - BODY
C/S: CHECK AND REPORT ON AUTO TRANSMISSION NEEDS SERVICE
LIGHT ON DASH, REVVING HIGH
Battery has gone flat
Jump start vehicle and check for codes.
Found P0606, P0561, P0562 logged.
Followed diagnostic procedure and charge battery
Retest after one week to check battery charge -All OK
Test drive - no engine lights on dash no codes logged
Retest battery - Good.
Old 28-09-2022, 03:23 PM   #22
mickyj

Ok just an update if I ever get anything coming up on this focus saying no fuel even though the tank is full or my transmission needs a service . I’ll call up the RAA get the battery checked . Whatever the Ford dealer did including charging the 3 month old battery . My focus has never been this good since I collected it from my Dad . I get the correct reading up of how many Ks I have left in the tank not saying 400 Ks for a full fuel tank . And the dealer telling me the backing noise wasn’t a Ford product that they fitted to the car brand new is a joke and $600 to fix it end result they checked it and a switch in the boot was off . Yet oh we can’t look at it as it’s not a Ford product ��
I’m happy the focus had never been this great before still under 58’000 Ks just