Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #61
harveyr

Default Re: New Focus On The Way

Mine landed in Melbourne on the M.V. Parsifal on 3rd December and it arrived in Hobart on Friday 9th, and the dealer took until Wednesday 14th to get it ready for me.
harveyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #62
SaCrow

Got the new bus tonight !! Just got back from a 300km road test. I like it .. alot
Not sure about the powershift just yet, adaptive cruise & static cornering lights are great !
SaCrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 01:51 AM   #63
SaCrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyr
Hi irs,

I've pm'd the sat nav manual to you.
I would appreciate a copy too, if possible
Dealer didn't have the new book tonight
Old 31-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #64
harveyr

SaCrow,
I've pm'd you.
I can't upload the pdf to the forum because it exceeds my upload allowance. It's only 477kb.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #65
notoriousnick
Starter Motor

I received my Focus Sport in Frozen White (manual petrol hatch) just before Christmas.

I only went in to *look* at the things, but once I'd seen one in the flesh, it didn't take much to persuade me to purchase one .

The exact configuration I wanted was available, so I only waited days before picking it up, and it's been fun. Everything just works, too.

That very bright white colour sets off the black trim and window tinting very nicely .
Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #66
Nichol

So I contacted my Ford dealer and asked about the arrival of my Focus. Can't even get a definite arrival date yet, so it not even arrive on February. He'll be talking to their stock manager on Monday and hopefully she'll be able to find out the progress. It's quite annoying that I can't even get a rough idea on when it'll arrive, as this it making it hard to sell my current car - don't know if I'll need to keep it for longer or be carless if it's arriving soon.
Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #67
harveyr

I had the same situation when I ordered my Focus back in September. I was told delivery mid-October so I sold my Maxda 6. Then they siad it would be mid-November! So I ended up buying an old banger to see me through. Then finally, after a lot of pressure from me they told me the car had been loaded on a ship that was due to arrive in Melbourne on 4 December. I eventually got the car on 14 December - 2 months later than promised when ordered!!!

My son who works for Ford in Europe found out that the car had been built in Germany just 2 days before I ordered it, so there was no way on earth that the original promised deilvery could have been achieved. When I bought my Mazda 6 five years ago it was a totally different experience. Mazda kept me informed all the way from the factory to the dealer.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #68
Nichol

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I ordered mine in November, so I'm going onto a 3-4month wait for it. They pretty much rushed me to order one in in November for a January delivery (which should've been now), but because they've pushed it back to a February or even March delivery..I don't see the point in why I was rushed to order one in.
I haven't even been told if its been built!
When the call me on Monday and if they tell me it won't arrive until March, I may just cancel it and look for around for another one that's already in the country.

My mate who has a Mazda told me the same thing when he ordered his Mazda. He had no problem in finding out progress of his delivery.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #69
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I ordered mine in November, so I'm going onto a 3-4month wait for it. .
Ordered ours In late November picked it up yesterday, your dealer should have given you a sido number by now...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #70
Nichol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Ordered ours In late November picked it up yesterday, your dealer should have given you a sido number by now...
I ordered mine in mid November and was told a January delivery, that's why I ordered it. The dealer is calling me Monday morning to let me know the situation, and if they still can't tell me the date.....well I'll get my deposit back and go elsewhere - probably just get the basic Titanium.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #71
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
I ordered mine in mid November and was told a January delivery, that's why I ordered it. The dealer is calling me Monday morning to let me know the situation, and if they still can't tell me the date.....well I'll get my deposit back and go elsewhere - probably just get the basic Titanium.
Has he given you a SIDO number? because if you don't have a number he doesn't have concrete plan to give you an allocated car.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #72
Nichol

Quote:
Has he given you a SIDO number? because if you don't have a number he doesn't have concrete plan to give you an allocated car.
Nope, I don't have a SIDO number. Don't even know if it's been built. I actually went into the dealer some time in December, and that's when he told me that it has been pushed to February/march delivery. I shouldnt have had to chase it up with them, they should be telling me everything! Got a big feeling that I may just be getting stuffed around. :/
Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #73
SaCrow

Quote:
Nope, I don't have a SIDO number. Don't even know if it's been built. I actually went into the dealer some time in December, and that's when he told me that it has been pushed to February/march delivery. I shouldnt have had to chase it up with them, they should be telling me everything! Got a big feeling that I may just be getting stuffed around. :/
When I was working on the deal I was told by 3 dealers that one was landing Dec 24th in Perth & another Dec 30 in Melbourne. I ordered the one going to Perth as the dealer said they could get it to Adelaide quicker than the one going to Melbourne. They told me the name of the ship etc etc etc. I received a call on Dec 15th to say my car had landed in Melbourne & I may receive it on the 23, it didn't leave Melb till the 28th & I picked it up on the 30th.

My dealer checked often as to where the car was & let me know ! They even changed ships to get it quicker (that's why it landed in Melb & not Perth)

Talk to the dealer principal & tell him you may pull the deal if you don't get some awnser's
Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #74
SaCrow

Just a quick question for the new owners!

How many KM's did you have on the dial when you picked it up?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #75
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaCrow

Ours had approx 30klm.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #76
Mollusc
Starter Motor

My Titanium Diesel had 30km on the clock.
Mollusc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #77
irs

My Diesel Sport had 35 km on the clock.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #78
Nichol

Quote:
When I was working on the deal I was told by 3 dealers that one was landing Dec 24th in Perth & another Dec 30 in Melbourne. I ordered the one going to Perth as the dealer said they could get it to Adelaide quicker than the one going to Melbourne. They told me the name of the ship etc etc etc. I received a call on Dec 15th to say my car had landed in Melbourne & I may receive it on....
Just got the call from the dealer. I finally have my SIDO number. It's 6 digits long - sound about right?
Is there a number I can call to keep track of it, or do I just keep annoying the dealer?
Old 09-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #79
SpoolMan

Quote:
Is there a number I can call to keep track of it, or do I just keep annoying the dealer?
The dealer would have a person in charge of there stock who could tell you, where it is, when it is due to arrive and when you will have the keys in your hands.
If you have no joy ring Ford Customer service, who is your dealer?

Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #80
Nichol

Quote:
The dealer would have a person in charge of there stock who could tell you, where it is, when it is due to arrive and when you will have the keys in your hands.
If you have no joy ring Ford Customer service, who is your dealer?
Might try the Ford Customer service some time and see how I go with them. I'm buying from Winford Ford.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #81
Nolz

Quote:

12km's. That's with it being driven to the tint place down the road and back....and whatever else.

Previous car (FG Falcon) had 8km's on it when I picked it up.
Nolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #82
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer
Just ordered our new Focus Sport Auto Petrol Sedan in Lunar Sky. Delivery date mid January. They had one in the Dealer but we decided to wait for next delivery so we get Sat Nav.
Chose the sedan as golf clubs would not fit in the boot of the hatch without the back seat down.
Hi, have you received the Focus yet?

Our local dealer was keen to sell us one on Saturday, said a shipment just landed. I presume that yours is one of those.

Can you update us on your thoughts after you've driven it for a bit?
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #83
SaCrow

Thanks Folks

Mine had 72 km on it !

I think it may have been used for a demo on the day I picked it up !!!
Old 16-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #84
Golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
Hi, have you received the Focus yet?

Our local dealer was keen to sell us one on Saturday, said a shipment just landed. I presume that yours is one of those.

Can you update us on your thoughts after you've driven it for a bit?
No sign of our car yet. Have not been given a SIDO number or a firm delivery date. Fairly keen to find out the time line as they already have my wifes old car as a trade.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #85
harveyr

Hi Golfer,

I assume you're buying from Tilford. I sold my Mazda 6 when they said the Focus would arrive in 4 weeks (The trade in offer was ridiculous). When the delivery went out to 3 months they said that if I had traded my Mazda I could have kept it until the Focus arrived, and still get the same trade in value! As it happened I bought an old 'bomb' for $700 which I sold when the Focus arrived for the same as I paid for it. And I had sold the Mazda for $4,000 more than they had offered as a trade!
Old 17-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #86
notoriousnick
Starter Motor

Quote:

12 km. Must also have been from getting the windows tinted.
Old 20-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #87
Golfer

May need to change the title of this thread.

Over six weeks after ordering our car (Lunar Sky Sport Auto) today I have been told that the dealer has been allocated a car to be built in MAY 2012. That would be a delivery at end of June, six and a half months after the order.

Have told the dealer unless they can scrounge a car with our spec from another dealer or get another colour or change to a Titanium they can cancel the order. Problem is the only colour we both like is Lunar Sky and my wife does not like the wheels on the Titanium (does not bother me but it is really going to be her car).

They have promised to ring back on Monday morning. If they do not come up with a decent solution it is ZOOM ZOOM.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #88
wombat66

I see that you are in Hobart. Could you try some Melbourne dealers yourself and just take it home on the Spirit of Tasmania? We got ours from Strapp Ford in Doncaster a couple of weeks ago. They had a few in stock to choose from.
wombat66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #89
jonohoang

@ golfer - how can they allocate to build your car in May?
I just don't get why they would do that?
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #90
SaCrow

Golfer

Have a look on carsales.com.au & search for your model etc under new cars!
A dealer has one in Melbourne