Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-02-2008, 01:11 AM   #31
christo_fiesta

your experience and what i have recently seen on TV about AAMI and dodgey repairs, really makes me consider changing insurance companies...

seriously I always took it for granted and assumed that all insurance companies let you choose your own repairer, where as AAMI just go for whatever they think is suitable...

food for thought, thats for sure. Hope everything goes well for your ride mate..
christo_fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #32
tabaccs

Sorry to hear about the car mate.. But you're not alone...

Unfortunately i learnt the hard way with AAMI.. Some cretin hit me in the rear and took my rear bumper out along with the left rear suspension and rim.. AAMI was nothing but useless! Never kept in contact with me throughout the repairs and sent my car to a dodgy repairer.. Since then the car was repaired with "exchange parts", which are apparently your own damaged parts ie. rear lower bar for me, just reconditioned. Not new parts!!

Structural Bolts were used to reattach my rear lower bar instead of the flat black screws! The paint job was far from impressive and on top of that when i picked up the car and gave it a thorough inspection, i discovered they had cracked my front lower lip and split my front bar but completely denied it! I had to fight for weeks to get it repaired, and three weeks later its still in the shop!

A word of advice, make sure you read AAMI's customer service charter and see if they abide by it for you, if not just tell them they owe you $30 for not doing so!

Bye bye AAMI, i've learnt my lesson to stay with those who look after you, not those who give you the cheaper quote! :

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #33
ajay1940

Just to give a bit of balance. I was exploring the back roads around Coonabarabran in a VW Bora when I holed the sump (easily done in that car).
AAMI paid for recovery, new oil pan, hire car, and three days accommodation. That was four years ago, needless to say, I'm still with them.
ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #34
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yeah not to impressed with AAMI myself, used to be with them with my old Galant, when i crashed it they weren't going to replace the windscreen which had a huge crack in it, as they tried to tell me it wasnt installed properly.

Told them where to go and fought for a few days till they replaced the thing.

Can understand why you would want it written off, even if it gets repaired better then new, you will always know what happened and it will just never be the same as before to you.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #35
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Steven, I was wondering how the Focus is coming along? Any news for us?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #36
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Got a call this morning Eddie.

They are still waiting on parts from Germany, which won't arrive until March 7.

They've pushed completion date back to March 14 (estimate), but I've told them I want a good job not a quick job, so there is no pressure on time and I'm happy for it to take longer to make sure it's done right.

The sad news is (and I'm almost embarrassed to think of the ribbing I'll get from you guys!!!!) that I am currently driving a metallic purple Honda Jazz!!! But it is a lot better than catching the train
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #37
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I am currently driving a metallic purple Honda Jazz!!!
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #38
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

HAHA!, I think I'd rather the Camry. at least they're somewhat inconspicuous.
What are your plans for when you get it back? Are you going to stay with it or will you move on.

Personally, i think it's only panel damage and that only contributes to the looks of the car (or in your case air/water tightness) which is being repaired.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #39
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I saw Steve at lunchtime today, snapped these pics!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #40
GSR
Focus LT

Yeah...yeah..., sure....sure.... they pushed the completion date???.... no pressure on time??,....you just wanna drive that kutie looking purple machine you now got your backside in...
GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #41
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR
Yeah...yeah..., sure....sure.... they pushed the completion date???.... no pressure on time??,....you just wanna drive that kutie looking purple machine you now got your backside in...

Yeh yeh yeh. Plus the fact I found two of these in the backseat :evil3:

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #42
Tj-zetec

Much better than what you had to shoo out of the focus when you bought it...

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #43
zetec
Zoom Zoom

That's not what I saw in the back of Steve's car a few weeks ago...

Old 05-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #44
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj-zetec
Much better than what you had to shoo out of the focus when you bought it...

that is gold TJ!!!!! Maybe those ricer boys know something we don't!

And Matt......the less said about you the better! I liked the hello Kitty shot.

But posting a shot of me and your mother is just not on!!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #45
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Steve told me he found a Nintendo DS in the Honda with this game in it

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3

Last edited by Laminge; 07-03-2008 at 08:53 PM.
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #46
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope it all goes well Steve! The purple Jazz ain't that bad, now you can crrrrrruise through Chinatown and get looks
Old 05-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #47
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Talk about coming in late! So sorry to hear about your car Steve. It actually hurt to see the photos of the damage.
At least you're OK, and still mobile.
But why a Jazz, of all things?? I hate those slab-sided bricks on wheels (although my wife thinks the "Hello Kitty" Jazz is "soooo cuuuute"). Ugh.

Which reminds me of the time last year at Small Ford Sunday 2007...
a little old lady was eyeing Sean's Black Panther and commented to her husband, "It looks like a Jazz!"
Sean wanted to knock her out.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Last edited by Flederschwein; 06-03-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #48
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flederschwein
Talk about coming in late! So sorry to hear about your car Steve. It actually hurt to see the photos of the damage.
At least you're OK, and still mobile.
But why a Jazz, of all things?? I hate those slab-sided bricks on wheels (although my wife thinks the "Hello Kitty" Jazz is "soooo cuuuute"). Ugh.

Which reminds me of the time last year at Small Ford Sunday 2007...
a little old lady was eyeing Sean's Black Panther and commented to her husband, "It looks like a Jazz!"
Sean wanted to knock her out.
gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... stupid old lady's...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #49
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:

And Matt......the less said about you the better! I liked the hello Kitty shot.

But posting a shot of me and your mother is just not on!!!!
you should be so lucky...
Old 06-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #50
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
Steve told me he found a Nintendo DS in the Honda with this game in it
From your private collection Adam?

Last edited by Laminge; 07-03-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #51
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Steve if you want the game let me know. Can get it shipped from Japan for you with your next Hello Kitty Honda Jazz

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #52
Tj-zetec

along with some winnie the pooh seat covers too...

Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #53
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=melbzetec]I'm too upset to talk about it.

But at 9.15am yesterday, whilst stopped at the lights in Elizabeth St, a cretin tried to put a 10ft wide truck through an 8ft gap. Pictures tell the story.

OMG this is the second accident involving an at Fault truck Driver I have come across on this Forum in the last few days :

And I have lost count how many in total I have read about on this Forum alone.

yet not many say anything Re the Brain dead Truck Drivers who caused all this upset & Damage.

I tell you if it happened to me I would Sue the Pants off them as they should be held accountable :

When will they learn they do not own the roads, I bet if it was them in their pride & joy (car) driving along & a Moron in a truck decided to do the wrong thing & Damaged their car they would be the first to jump up & down about it.

I see trucks every day flying towards me on bends at the limit & often wonder if I could avoid the load if it tipped over etc...

Get a Brain Guys & SLOW down before you Kill someone.

End of Rant & yes are a few good Truck Drivers out there who do the right thing but they do seem scarce.
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #54
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This discussion re Truck Drivers is going in tears.

Would love to see other stats where us normal drivers are the cause!

I spend allot of time on the road, 90% of wheel smoke is caused by cars cutting off trucks.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #55
b2tf
not here much anymore

So very sorry to see Steve, if ever there was a car that didnt deserve to have that done to it, it was yours.

I do find the repair quote a bit odd though, back when I had my LR, I got rear ended and pushed into another car. Car was still drivable and it was all panel damage, but the quote still came to around $8k from memory and that was with nowhere near as much damage as yours.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #56
melbzetec

Quote:
They've pushed completion date back to March 14 (estimate),

Make that March 20 now(and I'm sure that won't be the end of it)

Old 11-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #57
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
This discussion re Truck Drivers is going in tears.

Would love to see other stats where us normal drivers are the cause!

I spend allot of time on the road, 90% of wheel smoke is caused by cars cutting off trucks.
as of course the evidence shows steve cut infront of a truck. lets not start a Truck VS car thread here.

We all know the dangers of the road. and steve of all is a very capable driver and quite intelligent (yes i know you wherent saying he wasnt, but just pointing that out.)

Steve,

whats the reason its been pushed back some more.. quality control?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #58
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
as of course the evidence shows steve cut infront of a truck. lets not start a Truck VS car thread here.

We all know the dangers of the road. and steve of all is a very capable driver and quite intelligent (yes i know you wherent saying he wasnt, but just pointing that out.)

Steve,

I think you have missed the point of my post, it was aimed at the person directly above mine, not at the thread starter
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #59
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
Waiting for panels and parts from Germany. Ford doesn't have the parts in stock

Old 26-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #60
RJO89
EuroFordClub

How'd it all go with the repairs??
Heard any more/got it all back yet??

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post