Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #91
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 
Default Re: Focus ST beats Toyota 86 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Where can I get the airbag safe covers from? I've been reluctant to get seat covers for that reason.
http://www.deploysafe.com.au/

http://www.seatcoverworld.com.au/airbags.htm

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...88#Description

Ugly ones, but examples anyway.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #92
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Those Recaros look sweet. Wish they fitted them to FPV's.
Wait until you drive one. Seats are probably ok for a teenage kid, but any decent bloke would struggle to remain comfortable in them on a decent trip.

Test drove both a ST and Sport TDCi powershift today. The ST drove superb, excellent pull down low, very nice induction note, ticked all the right boxes. But I end up buying the a Sport. The TDCi engine coupled to the 6 speed automatic impressed the heck out of me. Enough torque to turn the tyres in first gear, revved clean, and pulled to 100km/h effortlessly. Impressed me enough to buy it. Plus, the seats are heaps more comfortable

Each to their own, the ST is definately a point and shoot car but not something I'd jump in and do 750-1000kms in. For what it's worth I didnt even look at anything else. Just not interested in the 86 or Velopster (whatever its called).
Old 09-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #93
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post
Seats are probably ok for a teenage kid, but any decent bloke would struggle to remain comfortable in them on a decent trip.
What do you mean by "decent bloke"? Do mean American spec waist?
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2012, 03:09 AM   #94
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Australian spec waist.
Old 20-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #95
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of recent comparos for the ST vs competitors. I gather the Yanks aren't used to performance FWD vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1c7PNOBNw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OISFrU4I_7s

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post