Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
95nfGhia
Diff Breaker

Talking 95 nf ghia factory fitted LSD?

hey guys
i have 95 nf1 fairlane and was wondering if there was a way to tell if it has an LSD all i can read off the diff is 3.2:1 and also want to know if i can put ef tickford head on it without changing anything else and would this give me more power.
cheers shane

95nfGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Yes it should be factory LSD.

Yes you can put a Tickford head on without changing anything. The difference in power would be minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

The tag on the diss will state LSD, it will also state 3.27:1.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
AUTickford
XD197

Dont fairmont ghias come out with an xr6 motor in ef, i know for sure that el fairmonts get the xr motor anyway
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #5
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTickford
Dont fairmont ghias come out with an xr6 motor in ef, i know for sure that el fairmonts get the xr motor anyway
Yeah EFII Fairmont Ghias do. Series 1 EFs don't. But we're talking Fairlanes here so it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #6
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
The tag on the diss will state LSD, it will also state 3.27:1.
3.27:1 was an EB1/NC1/DC1 V8 ratio, after that they went to 3.23:1.

Another way to check is to look at the sticker on the drivers side axle housing. If it's white, its an open wheeler, if it's yellow it's LSD. Yet another way to check is to jack the back of the car up while in neutral and spin a wheel with your hand. If they both spin the same way it's LSD.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #7
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Yet another way to check is to jack the back of the car up while in neutral and spin a wheel with your hand. If they both spin the same way it's LSD.
Or, in this case, cos it's a BW LSD, the other wheel won't spin at all .. : :
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post