Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Default Important (to me :P) -- head unit brackets

I have asked in wanted section but because it's e-series part this will get more attention.

sup, I need head unit brackets from an ef/el .. important .
PLEASE ANYONE ???

I've been asking / looking around for coming to TWO week .. i need head unit brackets from an ef or an el ...

I am willing to pickup no more than 30 minute drive from werribee ... i am also willing to pay $10 .

I have been to a few wreckers, one call westall ford/holden wreckers ... they keep telling me to coming back in another week, and tomorrow... i'm getting the run around .. there is 2 cars there that have the brackets but no idea how to get the screws out because it has security screws... and neither them nor me have the tool to do the job.

kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
crannersEL
Banned

The pick-a-part in Kilsyth has a Ef with the stock headunit still in it, but Kilsyth is the other side of town from you

Only way you could do it is get a set posted to you, but im sure there is a member who has some stock brackets from there old headunit that they can give you.....
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 AM   #3
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

is the security screw the star one with the bit in the middle? i just used a small flat screwdriver on one side of the centre bit, and turned carefully but very firmly. it worked for me, worth a try i guess?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 01:23 AM   #4
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

yeah i tried pliers , but no luck ... didn't think of using a flat head screw driver, oh well too late now lol
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Just go and buy a torx security screw set... they have so many uses :P

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you priced up some new ones from Ford spares? Can't see them being that dear.
As fairlane_ghia said, get a security torx bit set too, they come in handy, there are torx fasteners all over EF/ELs.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #7
slayer351

Yep a torx set will only set ya back $10 - $15 and you will use them a fair bit.
slayer351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 05:19 AM   #8
nicko_bud

torx sets frackin ROCK!!!!!
nicko_bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post