Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Default For the Victorian under 26's.

Don't know if you are aware of this but, something to read and be aware of.

P plate legislation

Last edited by SDKC; 31-01-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Fixed title.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
ORSM4L
ORSM FORD CRUISERS

Sounds fair to me.
Only because I'm 26 in a few months

~ '05 BA MKII XR6 Turbo ~
Winter White - 6 speed manual - Leather
Sunroof - Premo Sound
ORSM4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I swear they make more crap up just to confuse people, and to create more public serve jobs....

Glad I was off my P's a while back.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

umm, is this applying to those who already have their P's?
im off mine in april '08 what affects me?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
holmsy
Banned

yeh i was thinking the same only if got a few years to go.
sounds like the usual crap i dont care about untill they tell me.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Didn't read it all cos I really couldn't be ********d! But wouldn't all this only affect people getting their L's/P's this year? Ive been off my P's for 3 years but I doubt anything will afect me at 24yrs old! What do under 26yrolds have to worry about?
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #7
El_Poochino

Will these new laws effect current P Platers (namley the new graduate system). I get off em in August 08 and don't want to fart around converting my licence 3 times in one month or get more time tacked on in the last month.

Also, thanks for these little tibits. Keep on posting any explanations of new laws that are comming in.
El_Poochino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
efgiar
rofl copter

also keen to know if this will effect current p-plate licence holders.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Information for fully licensed drivers under the age of 26

From the 1 January 2007 new laws and penalties will apply to fully licensed drivers under the age of 26.

Fully licensed drivers under 26 caught driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .07 or higher, will now have an alcohol interlock fitted to their vehicle when they return to driving. Drivers must also be in possession of their licence at all times when driving or in charge of a vehicle.

THE TABLE BELOW OUTLINES REQUIREMENTS FOR FULLY LICENSED DRIVERS UNDER 26 YEARS OF AGE

Full Licence Driver

- New Full Licence Requirements if under 26 years of age Drink-driving offenders will have to fit an alcohol ignition interlock for a minimum of six months when re-licensed.

- Licence loss mandatory at (or above) a BAC of 0.05.

- A person under the age of 26 years who holds any driver licence must have the licence in his or her possession at all times while driving or in charge of a motor vehicle.

--------

The last dot point is probably the only new thing we have to worry about. It says we need to carry our license at all time in the car with us. Even though the police have a mobile computer system with all our details, including our driver license picture. Maybe they don't want the extra work of going back to the car with our name and typing it into their multi million dollar computer system?
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi

Last edited by shuresm58; 31-01-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #10
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

I really hope this doesn't effect current licence holders.

I have 2 cars, a v8 and a turbo... :S
Old 31-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #11
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

There is noway I will be having that machine in my cars. This only effects people that haven't yet got their licence. If you have your licence then you are on the old system. People getting their L/P from 1 July 07 onwards will be affected by this new P1 & P2 ****** up system.
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Thanks Yagz, good work, didn't think it would be a massive change- carry my wallet 24/7 therefore I carry my liscence 24/7, so whatever!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
Old 31-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #13
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_TD
There is noway I will be having that machine in my cars. This only effects people that haven't yet got their licence. If you have your licence then you are on the old system. People getting their L/P from 1 July 07 onwards will be affected by this new P1 & P2 ****** up system.
What machine? The drink driving one?

Read it again. It's only if you get done for drink driving..

"- New Full Licence Requirements if under 26 years of age Drink-driving offenders will have to fit an alcohol ignition interlock for a minimum of six months when re-licensed."
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 31-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #14
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
Thanks Yagz, good work, didn't think it would be a massive change- carry my wallet 24/7 therefore I carry my liscence 24/7, so whatever!
That's right mate.

Just don't go eating any alcoholic krispy kremes then drive, cos you might get done and have to put a drink driving machine in your car!! :togo: :
Old 31-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #15
Xplode0185
Banned

if you read it there is a part that says this only affects people applying for L's/p's current probatinary drivers go by the old system
Xplode0185 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #16
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
A person under the age of 26 years who holds any driver licence must have the licence in his or her possession at all times while driving or in charge of a motor vehicle.
Ok, I skipped over it, but to me this sounds like a blanket rule that will affect all road users? I really don't give a flying about the rule though, I've always carried my licence anyways since a cop who pulled me over told me that "it's not a requirement, but think about what happens if you crash and we need to identify you etc".
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #17
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Just don't go eating any alcoholic krispy kremes then drive, cos you might get done and have to put a drink driving machine in your car!! :togo: :
If they made alcoholic Krispy Kremes I would've lost my liscence along time ago anyway, as well as my job!
Old 31-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #18
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Even though the police have a mobile computer system with all our details, including our driver license picture. Maybe they don't want the extra work of going back to the car with our name and typing it into their multi million dollar computer system?
We don't get the photo in the car, we can access it back at the office. We get all the other details on the road though.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #19
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

I still don't get how getting punished by not having your license on you will reduce road toll; not like it's adding extra weight to your vehicle that reduces the power the car produces ! We should all be equal ... damn discrimination :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #20
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I swear they make more crap up just to confuse people, and to create more public serve jobs....

Glad I was off my P's a while back.
I agree this information does need to be simplified!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #21
RMCprime
EF XR6 5spd

Maybe they are hoping to to dicourage people from getting their liscences in order to reduce the road toll. But then again that would reduce revinue from rego so they wouldn't be able to replace the shrubberies in the middle of roundabouts every 12 months.

For my sisters sake I hope all these stupid rules dont spread to WA.
RMCprime is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post