Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-12-2016, 12:19 AM   #11
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
bit of a trick to be able to register times in segments that are near your house, and still have a privacy zone.... instead of using your own address, choose an address that is far enough away so that your house falls just inside the privacy zone for that address, ie, if you have a 100m radius privacy zone, if you put in an address roughly 100m away (in a direction where there are no segments you are keen on) then the radius of that address should just capture your property.
I can also list my bike as a cheap-as brand... the Reid Osprey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
i would love a power meter. just can't afford one at the moment. in general riding they probably won't make a lot of difference, but on a tempo ride (riding at a sustained pace/wattage for a set time) or a long ride or a long climb they are invaluable in making sure you finish strong, or ride consistent.
It is good for maintaining constant power on straights, a guide for gear shifting, and I think my riding has improved an infinitesimal amount since I bought it.

I haven't been fitted up properly to the Merckx, and I'll be trying a new seat position in the morning to see if it stops my right knee from hurting. A few dollars spent months ago would have saved a lot of pain over the months!

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post