Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #31
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz82
Hi guys I know this topic has been done to death, but was wondering if there was anyone who has a cat back, redback 2 1/2 inch single muffler system, with no resonator that lives in the inner west or not far from the city?
I wanna hear what it sounds like before i have it fitted.
I know its a long shot but thought i'd check.
Thanks guys
i had exactly this on my EB wagon and it sounded great, it was deep, had a good note (not just noise) and backcrackled when dropped down gears, i reccomend it for sure
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #32
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Extractors made a huge difference. Gave it a much crisper note.
-AU Falcon Wagon 4.0L Still Stock
-80 Series LandCruiser 4.5 LPG
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #33
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got a quote for $260 installed plus another $30-40 for a 3" chrome tip.
They said they were out of stock of the redback, but could do an identical lukey system at the same price. Good deal?
Ive heard that the lukey systems are louder than redback, in this case would it be better to have a rear resonator or should it still sound nice with just a single middle muffler?
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #34
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i heard a few lukeys and i rekon red backs are better, lukeys note isn't as good, and i also heard that lukey rust out quicker or fall apart.
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #35
FLYXR6
Silvester

I have a 2 1/2 inch cat back redback exhaust on a xr6 ba... it sounds great, I live in St Albans and would be happy to drive over so you could have a listen to her. She purrs along quietly at 100kms (can't here it with the radio on at a resonable level) but when you give it she really barks between 2000 and 3500 rpm. I have had it on since Oct last year and she has settled in nicely. I love the sound and i don't think i will bother with extractors. Paid $350 fitted from Werribee Exhausts. Also i decided to go with two black pipes out the back instead of a chrome tip, just for something different. Looks mean i think!!

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post