Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-02-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
Harro
5l Fury

Default Installing/removing Stock interior parts (EF)

Heys Guys.

I need to know

-HAs anyone here replaced the cruise switches in an EF? One of mine is trashed, and i bought a replacement. Just dunno where to begin

-Is it easy to remove the headlight switch

Cat Back Exhaust
Tickford Springs
EL Ghia Interior pieces
Harro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

To replace the cruise switch, you need to pull the airbag off. At the back of the steering wheel, there's 2 small plastic covers, remove them with a flat head screwdriver. The 2 torx bits under them hold the airbag in. Undo them, then theres 2 more screws holding each set of cruise control buttons.

To remove the headlight switch, get that flathead again, gently lever off the headlight knob, then unscrew the plastic ring that's holding the rest of the assembly in.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I have some replacement Cruise Control Switch's for my steering wheel but when my mate said that I had to wait for him to get the Video Camera so he can put it on tape when the Air Bag Accidentally goes off whilst I am removing it I then decided I would just leave the old ones in..........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

I've taken lots of airbags off and put them back in, and I've never had a problem.

The only way you'll trigger the airbag is if you short the 2 wires to it and feed them with power, or both the safing sensors as well as the motion sensor are damaged, or triggered at the same time. You'd have to be pretty retarded to stuff it up.

You can pull the fuse or dis-connect the battery if it makes you feel safer, but the airbag system has its own power, so it will still be active.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #5
Harro
5l Fury

Thanks heaps for that mate.

Still a bit iffy on pulling the airbag lol
Cat Back Exhaust
Tickford Springs
EL Ghia Interior pieces
Harro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

There is no danger in pulling the air bag. Done it heaps of times. If for some reason it is powered, it would of gone off anyway. Don't hear of any going off at random do you?

If it makes you feel better disconnect the battery. Won't make a difference though.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post