Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

Default 07 Fiesta Headlights

Why do they make it so difficult to Change the bulbs in a headlight. you needs security screws to be removed the front grill to remove then the whole light assemblly before unscrewing a cap to put in a new bulb. the back ones are abour the same. thats just crap!

Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Adsy01

It's not that bad, only a few torx screws. I takes under 2mins to get both lights if need be. IF you've got a torx set of course ;-)

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not so bad. Torx sets are cheap and torx fasteners are used on so many cars now you may as well grab a set.

At least you don't have to take the headlight out to check the power steering fluid like in our LS Focus ;)

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Fez Terry
Starter Motor

Default Adjusting the head lights.

Yeah, they could of made it a little easyer. Since we are on the head light topic. I have been trying to find the manual adjustment for the head lights but i cant find it. The adjuster in the car doesnt tilt the headlights up enough. At night I have almost hit some debris on the road because the lights are not tilted up enough. can any one help me out with this one
Thanx
Fez Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

The adjuster should be on the same panel as your headlight switch. Have it set to 0 for the greatest distance.
Old 23-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
crispymk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez Terry
Yeah, they could of made it a little easyer. Since we are on the head light topic. I have been trying to find the manual adjustment for the head lights but i cant find it. The adjuster in the car doesnt tilt the headlights up enough. At night I have almost hit some debris on the road because the lights are not tilted up enough. can any one help me out with this one
Thanx

There are two of them per head light and they are cream coloured. There is one for the left/right adjustment and the other is for the up/down. They are located on the lower leading edge and rear upper of each unit and are fairly accessible.

Just need to get an 8mm (or 10mm cant remember) allen key to turn them, though you can almost just use your fingers.

Turn the headlights on to make it easier to tell how your doing and if you get stuck let me know and I'll try take a pic of the adjusters.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
Fez Terry
Starter Motor

Thanks for you help every body. I found them, I should of looked a bit harder, they were looking straight at me. No more hitting things on the road and also it makes it handy to get those annoying people that have there head lights tilted to high with the tilt adjusment in the FEZ.
Fez Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post