Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Ford Announces Pricing for Performance LZ Focus ST

New chassis control technologies combined with a re-tuned suspension

Sporty and athletic appearance with a new road wheel colour while the well-crafted interior has been revised

SYNC2 connectivity system with high-resolution 8-inch colour touch screen

New driver assistance Technology Pack available as an option

MELBOURNE, 07 Apr., 2015 . Ford has announced pricing for the sporty 2015 LZ Focus ST hatch. The LZ Focus ST comes with a number of new and revised features designed to position it among the leaders in the small car performance segment. The Focus ST will have a Manufacturers List Price (MLP) of $38,9901 when it goes on sale from May 1. We believe the combination of a freshened design along with new key technologies and an enhanced driving experience will resonate with our performance customers for this important model, according to David Katic, Ford General Marketing Manager.

Visually, the LZ Focus ST features sportier and more athletic styling. It has a lower, wider stance with a new dynamically sculpted bonnet, slimmer headlamps and new rectangular foglamps.

In keeping with its performance heritage, the Focus ST sports bodykit also includes body-coloured side skirts and diffuser elements either side of the twin hexagonal centre exhausts and a rear roof spoiler optimised for aerodynamic performance.

A new dark grey exterior paint colour called Stealth has been introduced exclusively to the LZ Focus ST. Deep Impact Blue also is new to the range that also includes Tangerine Scream, Frozen White, Panther Black, Moondust Silver and Race Red.

The LZ Focus ST model is the most advanced Focus ST yet and offers new chassis control technologies, tuned suspension and steering that ensure an even more responsive, balanced and refined driving experience.

Auto-Start-Stop is offered for the first time, improving the fuel efficiency and helping make it the most fuel-efficient petrol Focus ST ever with a combined fuel efficiency figure of 7.3 l/100km2.

The LZ Focus ST also will benefit from technology and craftsmanship improvements with the sporty and aggressive car offering leading driver assistance technologies and connectivity features including the SYNC2™ in-car connectivity system.
LZ Focus ST builds on Focus ST’s established reputation as a stylish, versatile and great-to-drive vehicle offering the latest in technology, comfort and styling. The LZ Focus ST receives a fresh look to emphasise the kinetic design signatures while also incorporating new technologies.

Refined Cabin Layout
Ford has redesigned the Focus ST interior for a more intuitive layout that is also simpler, with a clearer visual connection between the key components and significantly fewer buttons in the cabin.

An additional bank of three gauges – an ST hallmark – is situated on the instrument binnacle and displays turbocharger boost pressure, oil temperature and oil pressure information. A new, flat-base sports steering wheel with a soft-feel leather covered rim; a satin chrome-topped gear lever; and ST pedals deliver the interior that ST drivers expect.

Satin chrome door grab handles and illuminated aluminium scuff plates add extra touches of refinement, and sports seats developed jointly by Ford and Recaro provide the support required to fully enjoy the ST driving experience, and also are comfortable for every day driving.

Enhanced Driving Dynamics
Ford Team RS, the award-winning European arm of Ford’s Global Performance Vehicle Group, made improving the entire driving experience the number one objective for the LZ Focus ST.

The sports suspension features all-new front springs and sportier new shock absorber tuning front and rear, with stiffer suspension bushes on the front lower control arm and rear spring links. In combination with the model-specific anti-roll bars and rear springs from the previous generation ST, these enhancements deliver an even sharper dynamic performance.

The calibration of the Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) and electronic vehicle control systems also has been revised to meet the specific sporting requirements of the Focus ST.

Key innovations include the Enhanced Transitional Stability (ETS) system as part of the vehicle’s advanced Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system. ETS is designed to sense vehicle stability and driver inputs, predict when a skid or loss of control might occur, and intervene as required using individual wheel braking to maintain optimal precision and control during rapid changes of direction at speed – for example in a lane-change situation.

Advance Technologies
Driver assistance, convenience and connectivity technologies that will be introduced for the first time on LZ Focus ST include Ford’s acclaimed SYNC™ 2 connectivity system.

SYNC2™ offers access to audio, navigation, climate control and mobile phones using voice control and a high-definition, 8-inch colour touchscreen that displays the ST logo on start-up.

Adaptive Front Lighting, available for the first time on the LZ Focus ST, adjusts the intensity and angle of the Bi-Xenon HID headlamp beams according to vehicle speed, steering angle and distance to objects to provide optimal illumination. Focus ST customers will also be able to specify the optional Technology Pack, which features a host of driver aids.
The Technology Pack (Optional) features:

Active City Stop (ACS)

Blind Spot Detection (BLIS)

Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)

Lane Keeping Aid (LKA)

Lane Departure Warning (LDW)

Driver Impairment Monitor (DIM)

Auto High Beam Headlamps (AHB)

Rear Cross Traffic Alert is a new addition for LZ Focus ST, and warns drivers reversing from parking spaces if it detects other vehicles are about to cross their path.
Ford's enhanced Active City Stop, designed to avoid or minimise the impact of a collision - is now operative at speeds of up to 50 km/h; readies the brakes if a potential impact is detected and - if the driver does not respond - will automatically apply the brakes.

2015 Focus ST Highlights

184 kW / 340 Nm3 2.0-litre GTDi EcoBoost engine (360 Nm with overboost)
6-speed Durashift manual transmission (standard)

Exterior:

New colour 18" alloy wheels (8"x18")
Red Front and Rear Brake Callipers

Now 7 exterior colours - Tangerine Scream, Stealth (grey) - New for LZ Focus ST, Race Red, Frozen White, Moondust Silver, Panther Black, Deep Impact Blue

Interior:
Partial leather sports seats - Recaro branded
Ford MyKey

Ford SYNC2. with 8" colour touch screen

Illuminated ST branded scuff plates

Ambient Lighting

1This is the Manufacturer’s List Price for the vehicle only. A number of other components, including a dealer delivery fee, stamp duty, registration, compulsory third party insurance and other statutory charges may be payable by a customer in relation to the purchase of this vehicle. The final transaction price will be as negotiated by the customer with their chosen Dealer.
2Recommended Manufacturer's List Prices only. Prices shown include GST. The actual selling price for options and accessories (fitted or unfitted) is at the dealers’ discretion.
2Figures obtained from controlled tests using ADR 81/02. Actual fuel consumption will depend on many factors including driving habits, prevailing conditions and the vehicle's equipment, condition and use.
3Power figures measured using premium fuel (95 RO
N)

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #2
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Ford Announces Pricing for Performance LZ Focus ST

So, for essentially the same price as the LW ST when it came out, you get the new model with a whole heap of introduced technology!

Very tempting if my search for a FG X XR8 doesn't work out.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

If you cant get a XR8 then why not a XR6T if your ok with a 4 pot?

Nice car though, I wonder what the RS will come in as?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Im unsold on the outide looks, moreso the lower rear bumper and front fog lights, i love the SYNC screen but hate that matte black finish on the dash and stereo i prefer the gloss. Tech pack looks good. Pity we dont get the 19's as an option.
If i do upgrade i know for sure it will be stealth grey, i love that colour. Pity some mods on my ST wont work on the new one.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

I think it looks sharp. The grey looks good but would benefit from some black mirrors and door handle like the GT-F's.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It would be nice if the rest of the Euro range were competively priced.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
If you cant get a XR8 then why not a XR6T if your ok with a 4 pot?
I'm buying the XR8 for one prime reason....that engine!

IMHO, as an ex-Falcon owner (ED Classic, BA XR8, FG G6), everything is done better in the ST than in the Falcon. The seats defecate over anything I've sat in in a Falcon. The features of the ST are simply in a different class to the Falcon (although the FG X will be much better than the FG obviously), but the LZ ST will increase that gap once again. There's only three (very minor) things I miss from my G6 compared to the ST, and that is the digital speedo, the ability to increment to the nearest 10km/h on the cruise control, and having the cruise control controls on the outboard side of the steering column.

On the other hand, there will be heaps that I will miss moving from the ST to the XR8, but that will soon be forgotten once I get a chance to open that engine up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Im unsold on the outide looks, moreso the lower rear bumper and front fog lights, i love the SYNC screen but hate that matte black finish on the dash and stereo i prefer the gloss. Tech pack looks good. Pity we dont get the 19's as an option.
If i do upgrade i know for sure it will be stealth grey, i love that colour. Pity some mods on my ST wont work on the new one.
I love the changes they have made for the new model. It gives it a more polished finish for me. That also includes the revised interior! I really like the changes they have made to the rear end, kinda reminds me of the changes i have made to mine

Yeah, that grey is an awesome colour. Not one that I would have given that I spend at least 1 hour and 15 mins driving on country roads every day, but I still love it! in fact, I have that colour car as one of my wallpapers on the computer here at work.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2015, 08:55 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not that the current one looks bad but this looks heaps better IMO. I reckon the new SYNC system looks better and is a hell of a lot simpler. So many buttons on the old system. I prefer matte over gloss any day too.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 10-04-2015 at 09:25 PM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #9
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

interesting that Ford didn't use the new EcoBoost twin-scroll engine.
Old 13-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #10
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Very tempting if my search for a FG X XR8 doesn't work out.
Ahhh but it has grasshopper!
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #11
Honest Gaza

I reckon it would move me from the Megane RS250...a little more luxury.
Honest Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2015, 03:36 AM   #12
jazz
jazz

Default Ford Focus ST Stereo upgrade

Hello
Anyone now were I can find an upgrade Aftermarket stereo for my 2014 ford focus ST
My car comes with a Sony 5inch screen, Sat Nav, Sync, 9 Speaker
I like to upgrade to a 8inch Touch Screen without losing any features like
(Rev camera ,Sync ,Nav and so one)
I live in Melbourne, Australia and looking if there is anyone who sells them and install them in the car
I don't wont to buy it on EBay as it comes from overseas and buy the wrong one and most of them say there not compatible if your car has (Sync or Sat Nav) i don't now why?

Anyway if anyone out there can show me the way were i can drive or ring a company or person about an stereo upgrade i will really appreciate it

thanks
Jazz
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #13
aussieak

Going to pick up one this afternoon Panther Black(ex demo). Love the changes they made.
Opted not to go with the Technology pack either. to much beeping I have been told.

Now looking for some nice accessories to fit to her.
aussieak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post