Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2018, 07:41 AM   #31
LTDHO
The one and only

Default Re: club rego requirements Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrob View Post
Hi all,just wondering are braided fuel lines leagle for roadworthy certificate for club rego in Victoria ? my xr8 is fully braided lines to tank and back ???
We have a meet 'n' greet Tuesday 21st August in Hoppers if you are keen for a drive.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
Yup, August 1993 ;)

Several times. Sorry must have not seen that, can you copy the specific rule please?
The part where it says unless the manufacturer of the extractors can prove that they don't effect emissions then they are illegal. And i'm yet to see one that does provide evidence.

Wether or not it would ever get picked up or not who knows, but unless you can prove they don't effect emissions then technically they are illegal. Like (in theory) all engine modifications.

All comes down to who is doing the testing, and RWC's have got much stricter in the last few years.

Not that it would ever stop me fitting them to my cars but by the letter of the law they are dicey.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #33
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The part where it says unless the manufacturer of the extractors can prove that they don't effect emissions then they are illegal. And i'm yet to see one that does provide evidence.

Wether or not it would ever get picked up or not who knows, but unless you can prove they don't effect emissions then technically they are illegal. Like (in theory) all engine modifications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ever read vicroads regulations? By the letter of the law, extractors are illegal.
Depends on the year of manufacture. Refer VSI33 and VSI8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Sneaks? EB's have been eligible for 2 years now
Where's almost yup to ED!
Date is by date of manufacture on compliance plate of vehicle.

Last edited by Silver Ghia; 15-08-2018 at 04:58 PM. Reason: corrected vsi number
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2018, 07:01 AM   #34
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
Date is by date of manufacture on compliance plate of vehicle.
Yeah I know, to the month
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post