Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
napoleon
20 years of driving....

Default Sat Nav tripping fuse

Hey Guys
Just bought a Fairmont Ghia with Sat Nav. The guy told me the boot lock wasnt working due to water in the boot lid, and the rear door wasnt shutting properly and causing all the doors to not lock.

After replacing boot lock and door actuator with same issues found out these are linked to a 30w fuse with sat nav. Unplugged all and put the boot back first then door and all working.

Havent plugged sat nav back yet but anyone had an issue with the fuse tripping or any ideas? Also when its going does it just start with the car? How do you check what year map is on it?

Wouldn't mind getting onto roadworthy items instead then move onto some mods.

Cheers
Wolfgang
AU III Fairmont Ghia - VCT I6 Factory Body kit, Tickford wheels, Sat Nav - My Daily
MB ML63AMG 2013[/COLOR] - My fun car
Ford Wildtrak 2021 - New Tourer

Memorable Previous Cars:
AUII Fmt Ghia 75th Anniversary
Chrysler 300 SRT8 6.4L Hemi
AU II Fmt Ghia V8 ]
FPV FG F6 310 I6T
T1 TL50 V8
[/COLOR]BA Fmt Ghia I6
napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
napoleon
20 years of driving....

Default Re: Sat Nav tripping fuse

Well bit the bullet and plugged in the Sat Nav last night. Didn't blow a fuse and worked a treat. Well went into key in a destination and my youngest daughter was pressing the letters on the screen. Couldn't stop laughing and said you need to use the remote. 'So old dad' was the response.

New issue is seems to be draining the battery. Have got it on charge and will check tonight.

Was thinking of putting a tablet in to replace the sat nav. Anyone done something different with the setup?

Want to keep the prem radio but thinking of a touch screen replacement on the sat nav.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
AU III Fairmont Ghia - VCT I6 Factory Body kit, Tickford wheels, Sat Nav - My Daily

Memorable Previous Cars:
AU II Fmt Ghia V8 ]
FPV FG F6 310 I6T
T1 TL50 V8
[/COLOR]BA Fmt Ghia I6
Old 20-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #3
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate there is a guy on this forum that is a genius with these old GPS's, maybe contact him. Name he goes by is hellrc5
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #4
napoleon
20 years of driving....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuss000 View Post
Mate there is a guy on this forum that is a genius with these old GPS's, maybe contact him. Name he goes by is hellrc5
Cheers
Ed
Cheers. I'll give him a go.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Memorable Previous Cars:
AU II Fmt Ghia V8 ]
FPV FG F6 310 I6T
T1 TL50 V8
[/COLOR]BA Fmt Ghia I6