Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-02-2019, 11:00 PM   #1
Pkcorvette1@gmail.
Starter Motor

Default Paint Codes

Would anyone have a list of paint codes available for a 2017 Mondeo in particular ruby red. Ford could not give it to me no surprise there. Very hard to track down. I want to do a touch up in three spots. TIA Pete.
Pkcorvette1@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Paint Codes

Ruby Red 2017 Mondeo Paint Code RJA which is different to Mustang Ruby Red Code C4J...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
Pkcorvette1@gmail.
Starter Motor

Thanks GTLegend,
I値l take this code to Peninsula paints along with 6 other variable paint codes. It値l be interesting which code it really is. I値l keep in touch and let u know what they come up with for Ruby Red. Thanks again...Pete.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #4
Pkcorvette1@gmail.
Starter Motor

Plot thickens for paint codes.
Got my Ruby Red touch up today. Paint code is as follows.
FORD Europe: DSTEWTA,PNEAM,M,K,A,RR,JA,RV,R2,7XK,7.

The paint code encompasses multiple cars manufacturers using the one paint type for their vehicles. Ruby red is used across various cars such as Mazda 6 uses two types of reds.
The paint code for them is somewhere in the above.
It痴 as though the manufacturers go to the paint companies and choose paints of charts. The more classier the colour the better it sells. The ruby red in mica I知 told will be a mongrel to match up due to the process used or how it is applied to the car. Good luck hunting down your rare colours...Pete
Old 08-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
thebigd

Hi Pete.
Good luck on your mission. I was in a similar position last year. Couldn't find a paint code anywhere on the car (2018 18.25 Ruby Red Trend Hatch). Approached Ford with my VIN, and ended up with two codes. RJA & RU. GT pointed out RJA above. I questioned the dealer as to why they couldn't narrow it down to one, and was told Ford's Ruby Red vehicles are produced in Spain, USA & Belgium, so each maybe slightly different. Good Luck !

Last edited by thebigd; 08-02-2019 at 08:05 PM.
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2019, 05:53 AM   #6
Pkcorvette1@gmail.
Starter Motor

The lesson learnt here is stick to basic colours and stay away from metallics altogether. We just acquired this mica red 12/2016 Trend hatch. My wife loved the colour. Personally I値l be staying with plain colours in future.
Otherwise great car in turbo petrol. No issues. Cheers Pete
Old 10-02-2019, 01:13 PM   #7
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi,

My dealer gave me the PNEAM code for the Mondeo, and the paint centre was able to confirm the colour through their "look up" computer system. I ended up with two touch up bottles, one for the intermediate coat and one for the top coat - and quite specific advice that I ought not mix up the application order. I have a couple of very narrow scratches on the panel above the lift gate window that shows a cream/white colour which, I suppose, is the base coat. Because it is right in my eye line it is very annoying, but I'm hesitating about trying a fix because I could easily make it worse.

Just a comment, I was told the Mazda red was unique to that manufacturer and I have been able to look at the two colours close together and , in my view, although they are close they are not the same. If you had a Mazda red panel on a Ruby Red Mondeo there would be, I think, a quite serious mismatch.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2019, 12:43 PM   #8
Kiwi67
Starter Motor

Hiya,

Paint codes are on the door plate ie, RE or DSTE ruby red, J7 - FM6E Magnetic etc. Mondeos are made in Spain and given different colour codes to the rest of the world. I used to be a automotive paint rep so that's how I know this.

Oh and don't bother going to the dealer for paint codes etc , go to an Automotive paint distributor. Dealers can't find their own back ends with a road map.
Kiwi67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #9
Pkcorvette1@gmail.
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi67 View Post
Hiya,

Paint codes are on the door plate ie, RE or DSTE ruby red, J7 - FM6E Magnetic etc. Mondeos are made in Spain and given different colour codes to the rest of the world. I used to be a automotive paint rep so that's how I know this.

Oh and don't bother going to the dealer for paint codes etc , go to an Automotive paint distributor. Dealers can't find their own back ends with a road map.
Agree with ur codes. No code such as stated exists on the information plates on my doors. That’s why I posted on the forum. I do agree a total waste of time going to ford for paint codes. Don’t bother. Ford did say however the paint codes are now not printed on the info plates.

I have the 2017 petrol model and absolutely love it. No issues to date except the paint code
Old 21-02-2023, 09:05 PM   #10
shellingfox
Starter Motor

Ford Australia publish the paint code list for Mondeo in case anyone want it: https://www.ford.com.au/support/how-...eo-paint-codes
Old 21-02-2023, 10:09 PM   #11
Pkcorvette1@gmail.
Starter Motor

Yes it seemed like my local ford dealer lost the codes.
Thanks for the update
Pete