Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #1
hyz_123
Starter Motor

Default Anybody bought the aftermarket fuel pump from "auto_wholesale_aust" on Ebay?

Hi, I recently bought an aftermarket fuel pump from "auto_wholesale_aust" on eBay for my 09 Mondeo MB 2.3L, the brand of the pump is called "Ultra Tech".

I asked a mechanic to put it in the other day. Then the next morning I realized that that pump is very noisy, you can even hear it from outside of the rear car when the engine is idling. Moreover, you can feel the vibration from the back sat

I expect the aftermarket pump will be a little louder, but not like this!!

Anyone had aftermarket pump replaced before, could you share your experience about pump noise?

Looks like I have to get replacement from them.
it is pan in the *** to ask mechanic redo the job!!!!

Thanks
hyz_123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #2
toyota lexcen

Default Re: Anybody bought the aftermarket fuel pump from "auto_wholesale_aust" on Ebay?

hi,

got your email.

its definitely louder when it primes, maybe a touch louder when car actually running.

and I hear nothing from the outside.

for a mechanic with a car hoist this is not a difficult job, for someone at home its fiddly job

I think Ford quoted me $900 supply and Install

cheers
toyota lexcen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
hyz_123
Starter Motor

Default Re: Anybody bought the aftermarket fuel pump from "auto_wholesale_aust" on Ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota lexcen View Post
hi,

got your email.

its definitely louder when it primes, maybe a touch louder when car actually running.

and I hear nothing from the outside.

for a mechanic with a car hoist this is not a difficult job, for someone at home its fiddly job

I think Ford quoted me $900 supply and Install

cheers
Hi toyota lexcen

Thanks for your quick reply

I paid 200 to do the job, looks like i have to pay another 200 to do again.
I upload a video to show the noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C51eqXLgJCs
not happy at all!
Old 08-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #4
hyz_123
Starter Motor

I have to ask the seller for a replacement.
Hope the replacement one is much quieter.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #5
toyota lexcen

Hi,

I just over 12 months with the fuel pump and all going well
toyota lexcen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: