Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
Smiddler
Starter Motor

Default Brake resevoir cap leaks on slope LW focus

Has anyone come across a problem I have with the brake fluid reservoir cap leaking when the car is parked on a downward slope , the cap has a vent hole in the rubber seal as well as a slot cut into the cap and due to the flat shallow shape of the reservoir the fluid when parked on a slope the fluid slowly weeps out. I have already replaced reservoir including the cap and seal.
Smiddler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Brake resevoir cap leaks on slope LW focus

Yes, to alleviate this you have to fit an adapter neck that sits between the reservoir and the cap to lift the height of the cap, part number BV61-2K148-AA and make sure you have the revised reservoir cap BV61-2162-AB.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
stig_3754

Does it make the area look anything like this?

Past Rides:
1997 EL Ford Fairmont 4A - Navy Blue
2006 BK Mazda 3 SP23 5A - Carbon Grey
2010 LV Ford Focus XR5 Turbo 6M - Frozen White
2013 LW Ford Focus ST 6M - Panther Black
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
Smiddler
Starter Motor

Thanks to GTLEGEND seems you really are a legend! I am currently chasing the parts almost seems like it should have been a recall item or at least the parts/service people should have been aware of the issue when I sourced the reservoir
This user likes this post:
Old 21-03-2018, 04:42 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

You would think the parts guy would have known, that is if they were up to speed?

How did you go getting the parts?
Old 09-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
Smiddler
Starter Motor

Follow up on this
I got the extension and the cap pretty sure the cap is identical , I asked the service reps at the Ford dealer, Bayfords and Courtney and Paterson they couldn't have been less helpful the parts guy at C&P was the only one with any idea the extension was $52.00 and the cap $8.00 I has attached photos if any one else is having the same issue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0100.jpg (61.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0101.jpg (57.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0102.jpg (62.7 KB, 6 views)
This user likes this post:
Old 09-05-2018, 09:56 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes hard to find good help these days. Hard to believe that a lot of people that work in service and parts don't actually have a passion for cars in general, its just a job that they reluctantly turn up to because they have to.

Glad you got the bits, I gather the parts guys were surprised when you supplied the part numbers lol

Did it fix your problem?
Old 09-05-2018, 10:20 PM   #8
Smiddler
Starter Motor

Looks good so far!
Old 09-01-2019, 07:59 AM   #9
Smiddler
Starter Motor

Update Jan 2019 problem resolved haven't had to touch the brake fluid since fitting the extension
Old 09-01-2019, 07:17 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So we can all assume its fixed for good!!

That's good news, glad it worked out for you!!