Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-12-2005, 01:54 AM   #1
-jjM-
Banned

Default lookin for work

gday fellas

this aimed basicly at ppl attenting tafe and still even doing skool
basicly, im gonna be doing a course next year at holmesglen in chaddy, but my real problem is, that i have no job, iv been lookin everywhere for one, mainly websites, but there hopeless :S

what do most of u lot do, and where do u work, as well can u suggest places that i should ring up an look for work

chorses during the day are like 8 - 4 or something, correct me if im wrong

suggestions much appreciated
cheers

-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
efgoofy
No Speed Limits on Fwys

I currently work for the NAB in their contact centre in King street in Melbourne, they have part time hours and lots of people here that a studying at the moment as well.

I have a look around for you and see what they have on offer.
Would more then likely be in the personal servicing centre, so taking phone calls.
  • Custom Twin Tip
  • EL GT Snorkel, K&N Flat Panel Filter
  • Kenwood CD
  • 6*9 Kenwood rears

I like work, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

:
efgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
bob^
LPS

Supermarkets. They're pretty flexible when it comes to school and since most of them are open till pretty late, it means you can also get in a few hours in the arvo.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #4
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
Supermarkets. They're pretty flexible when it comes to school and since most of them are open till pretty late, it means you can also get in a few hours in the arvo.
Most supermaket have 'night fill' which is re-stocking the products for the next days trading, ive got mates who are at Uni/Tafe who work nights for the extra cash $$
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #5
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey jjm,

I went to holmesglenn and finished last year. It is true the hours are dodgy at times. In my last semester I had two days which where 9am to 1pm, and the others where 9am to 6pm.

If you really want a job, you reallly gotta hunt hard for one. Head out today with your resume`, and go to the closest shopping centre and just start handing it out to every shop, even if it doesn't interest you. Once you get your foot in, it'll open up more doors for you.

What will you be studying at Holmesglenn by the way?

Good Luck
Bill
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
i put my name down or a few supermarkets, waitin on a reply now :S they usually take foreva, i only hope i can be put somewhere good, cause of a few injories earlier this year :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBII Fairmont
Hey jjm,

I went to holmesglenn and finished last year. It is true the hours are dodgy at times. In my last semester I had two days which where 9am to 1pm, and the others where 9am to 6pm.

If you really want a job, you reallly gotta hunt hard for one. Head out today with your resume`, and go to the closest shopping centre and just start handing it out to every shop, even if it doesn't interest you. Once you get your foot in, it'll open up more doors for you.

What will you be studying at Holmesglenn by the way?

Good Luck
Bill
thats very true, going to chaddy soon and other places to realise that jobsearch.com isnt workin out :P and i guess an employer likes them to confront them about work ;)

ill be studying computers: network engineer at chadstone campus, really looking forward
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #7
XR666T

I'm 19 and work part time doing 20 hours of Nightfill a week (latest I work is midnight)... been working at the same place for a bit over 3 years (started when I turned 16). Gives me a bit of money to play with and spend on my car :Reverend:

But IMO you haven't timed it the best to go looking for a job. 2-3 months before Xmas you could have basically walked into a job in retail, but now things are getting quiet again so the odds aren't as good.

BUT... don't lose hope. Best of luck finding a job
XR666T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post